Bills @ Chargers post game thread

Fan in Chicago

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yes in eras 15-20 years prior

5-10 .. he started about 77 or so. Joe Namath and Bradshaw have dreadful statistical data

but in hall of fame. Again it’s been an evolution in what is now illegal in the NFL and the QBs are just better. 

Edited by QLBillsFan

8 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

So you actually think Theismann was a better QB than Williams?

No idea. But his record was 77-47 and Williams was 38-42-1.

That's not all on either of them but it would be hard to argue for Williams with that huge of a difference.

Hard to argue someone is a "good" QB when they not only have an abysmal completion percentage compared to their era but also lost more games than they won.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Heitz said:

Do people on this board not watch the NFL?  I mean, teams get beat by lesser opponents literally every week. Ask the Chiefs, today. :beer:

True that but dammit it just drives me nuts when we go up against inferior teams with back up quarter backs and struggle 

7 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

After a couple of days reflecting on the game my consensus now is that we expanded all our energy pounding Dallas into the fen ground that we had just enough gas left in the tank to squeak past the Chargers….

Kinda agree but what caused those turnovers?

On 12/23/2023 at 11:35 PM, eSJayDee said:

I was annoyed when the announcers mentioned that we only had 2 DL on the last play & we were using our best in Floyd & Miller.  Really?  I'd take Rousseau &/or Oliver over Miller any day of the week.

I think it was actually Rousseau and Miller, if I remember correctly.

On 12/24/2023 at 10:28 AM, klos63 said:

They flew for 5 hours... boy their arms must be tired.

That's a piss poor excuse. Flying domestically shouldn't ever matter. 

It all adds up buddy. It's football. Clearly you never played. The travel, short week and long season surely take a toll on these guys. Get with it.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

How’s everyone enjoying that Peacock subscription?

GONE GONE GONE

Ok, technically I still have it, it's just set to expire in 10 days.

And then a mysterious new email address will sign up for a trial if the Bills have to play another one.

16 minutes ago, Chuck Schick said:

Just rewatched last plays of the game.  In real time I wondered how they managed to get 2 plays off after Oliver’s sack.  Now I’m REALLY wondering…

IMG_6212.thumb.jpeg.6b3e570e5213d870a70f9084fbff282f.jpeg

I know that's not the official clock, but I was pissed at the time because I was sure the clock had run out.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

It all adds up buddy. It's football. Clearly you never played. The travel, short week and long season surely take a toll on these guys. Get with it.

Correct,  I've never played in the NFL. 

I guess your nfl experience gives you insight that the rest of us don't have. 

Rewatched game.  If you get a chance, watch Von on the very last play of the game.  I guarantee you I had more effort on my play with my gyrations during the play from my living room than he did as an active participant on the play.  Wish we could dump him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KCNC said:

Rewatched game.  If you get a chance, watch Von on the very last play of the game.  I guarantee you I had more effort on my play with my gyrations during the play from my living room than he did as an active participant on the play.  Wish we could dump him.

Von got paid. Von got hurt. Von is done.  I appreciate Beane trying but we gotta get out of this contract asap.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, klos63 said:

Correct,  I've never played in the NFL. 

I guess your nfl experience gives you insight that the rest of us don't have. 

I didn't say the NFL nancy - I said you never played football. From your response you sound like you still may be invested in playing marbles or sewing.

Spotting the Chargers 13 points off of self inflicted turnovers made this game far too competitive. It’s certainly frustrating that under McDermott we turn the ball over too much. Clean up the turnovers and this team dominates!

Also after going up 21-13, they proceeded to give up three scoring drives in the 4th qtr that thankfully resulted in FG’s. They got outscored 9-3 in the 4th qtr which is unacceptable.

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

Spotting the Chargers 13 points off of self inflicted turnovers made this game far too competitive. It’s certainly frustrating that under McDermott we turn the ball over too much. Clean up the turnovers and this team dominates!

Also after going up 21-13, they proceeded to give up three scoring drives in the 4th qtr that thankfully resulted in FG’s. They got outscored 9-3 in the 4th qtr which is unacceptable.

One 'drive' began at our 32 and resulted in -4 yards for the Chargers.

Another 'drive' began at our 48 and the chargers got 21 yards on 6 plays.  Only 1 drive was started in Chargers territory. To say they gave up 3 scoring drives is a big stretch.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.