Eisen "Don't let the Bills in the playoffs"

Scott7975

3 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Nonsense.

Plenty of SB winners have playmakers no better than ours. It's only after they take home the trophy that the deification takes place.

Last year's Chiefs had Valdes-Scantling, Smith-Schuster, the rooki Skyy Moore and Mecole Hardman. Pacheco was good. Of course, Kelce was terrific, but that is anything but Murderer's Row there.

The year before the Rams had Kupp, Robert Woods managing 556 yards, Van Jefferson, and Beckham there for 8 games powering to 305 yards.Sony Michel and Darrell Henderson at RB, and Tyler Higbee at TE. Kupp had as good a year as we've ever seen but after that their WRs were only decent. RBs and TE also only decent.

Did Brady ever have terrific skill position guys, at NE, outside of maybe Gronk? They years they had Moss they never got a championship. Or in Tampa for that matter? He had Evans being all-world, but not all that much after that. Gronk put up 623 that y;ear and Godwin 840. None of those are all-world.

Yeah, there are some SB winners that put together terrific groups, like the WRs on the 2006 Colts. Plenty more just have good group.

Like us. James Cook suddenly looks like one of the best RBs in the league. Diggs stands up to anyone and the guys behind that are not great but they're solid and looking better since Brady took over. Our TEs look terrific.

We have a good solid group and plenty of SBs have been won with that. You close your eyes and imagine Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison, but actually most SB teams are balanced. Good skill position guys, often with a terrific QB throwing to them and making them look better.

We've got one of those.

So in addition to Moss and later Gronk you don't think Welker and Edelman were big time weapons for NE? :lol:  11 out of 12 years from 2007 on their slot receiver averaged somewhere between 67 and 98 yards per game!   Eight 1,000 yard plus seasons.   Studs.  Fact.   Right in our own division.   Were you following the Bills or not? 

Some of you really don't follow football close enough to even be discussing these topics.   Go back to the kids table @Thurman#1  :beer:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

This is the problem having arguments so bad that you have to exaggerate wildly to make them look reasonable.

Which game was the one where Beckham looked like he was on pace to be their MVP that year?

MVP of the SB.:doh:   Did you even watch that SB?   How many times did talking heads bring up that it was too bad that he got hurt because he was on track to be the MVP of their SB win?   He was having a great game and I'm convinced you didn't even watch it. :lol:  After he went down their offense stalled and allowed the Bengals to get back in it and make it a game.

Next thing you are going to tell me the Bengals didn't have good weapons. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Kupp is the GOAT tho... Also Brady had Welker one of the GOAT slot WRs then Edelman as well another GOAT.

Kupp is the GOAT what? The GOAT Rams receiver in 2021? You get no argument from me that he was insane that year and really really good generally. He was. 

I think you misunderstand GOAT.

All terrific players you mention, though, fair enough. But so is Diggs.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

MVP of the SB.:doh:   Did you even watch that SB?   How many times did talking heads bring up that it was too bad that he got hurt because he was on track to be the MVP of their SB win?   He was having a great game and I'm convinced you didn't even watch it. :lol:  After he went down their offense stalled and allowed the Bengals to get back in it and make it a game.

Next thing you are going to tell me the Bengals didn't have good weapons. :lol:

MVP of the Super Bowl? Woooooooooooooooh!!!! Gee whiz.  OK, so I misunderstood your argument, but what is apparently your real argument is even sadder than what I thought. He  had a good Super Bowl game, so he and his 500 plus yards that season were good? Yup, sad indeed.

Again, he had five games over 39 yards, and those three were 81 yards and a TD, 79 yards and no TD, a 77 yarder with a TD and a 77 yarder with no TD. That's the guy who made the huge difference? Pathetic. Especially so when you have to try to quote Super Bowl announcers saying something that you remember them saying to back your point up.

Beckham had a pretty decent season that year. That's something. But it ain't all that much that it allows a sensible argument that the Rams skill players outside of Kupp were all that good.

No wonder you have to go outside of your own sad self-imposed boundaries to desperately try to scrape up an argument.

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

We can hope this season the SB winner is an aberration........

Which SB did the Bengals win again?

Edited by Thurman#1

42 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So in addition to Moss and later Gronk you don't think Welker and Edelman were big time weapons for NE? :lol:  11 out of 12 years from 2007 on their slot receiver averaged somewhere between 67 and 98 yards per game!   Eight 1,000 yard plus seasons.   Studs.  Fact.   Right in our own division.   Were you following the Bills or not? 

Some of you really don't follow football close enough to even be discussing these topics.   Go back to the kids table @Thurman#1  :beer:

... says the sad uncle nobody is talking to at the adults table.

For the second time now, it was you who said "the SB winner." Know how many SB championships Randy Moss has? Zero. Yet another stupid argument from you.

Welker and Edelman were the #1 WRs on those teams. We have a terrific WR too. Gronk was also fantastic. James Cook in 2023 with three games to go has already outproduced Gronk's best career year.

Edited by Thurman#1

The AFC is a relative cakewalk this year.

As we know, our team could lose to anyone.  But there is no team in the AFC that scares me, like the Chiefs of the past few years.  The Ravens are alright, but if both teams play their best game, the Bills win.

The SB is a different story.  It feels like the Niners' year, and they are truly an elite team.  But getting there could be an easier path than we've had in the JA era to this point.  If we make it.

• Disagree 1

If one truly believes in conspiracies and league/officials playing favorites when it comes to penalties, etc. You've got to believe that the league wants Buffalo in the playoffs over any of the AFC teams with a backup qb starting.  

This is also setting the table for finally the Bills winning a SB or perhaps the most devastating Billsy play/outcome EVER (which is saying alot) 

I dont think there is a in between. The one exception is that an injury(s) to a key player(s) would not be a Billsy loss.

28 minutes ago, Success said:

As we know, our team could lose to anyone.  But there is no team in the AFC that scares me, like the Chiefs of the past few years.  The Ravens are alright, but if both teams play their best game, the Bills win.

The SB is a different story.  It feels like the Niners' year, and they are truly an elite team.  But getting there could be an easier path than we've had in the JA era to this point.  If we make it.

If their Purdy QB is injured do you believe same thing?

39 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Already posted link 5 posts before.

The Buffalo Bills Are Warriors

8 hours ago, Magox said:

Along with two good TE's, a good offensive line and a capable #2 WR in big games, the offense 8 times out of 10 won't be the problem.  

LOL whooooooooo. luckily we can spread it around elsewhere cause the #2 youre referencing is like our 5th best pass catcher, maybe worse, im not thinking that deep on a friday night

luckily hes basically been wrote off by now, and if he does anything at all it will feel like bonus more than production we "need"

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Kupp is the GOAT what? The GOAT Rams receiver in 2021? You get no argument from me that he was insane that year and really really good generally. He was. 

I think you misunderstand GOAT.

All terrific players you mention, though, fair enough. But so is Diggs.

He was robbed of his younger years playing in NFL, extrapolate even his down half years and he's among the top 10 in all numbers for a 10 year career. He's only had 5 1/2 years and is half way there with only 3 full years of playing basically a full season. He's got like 4 full seasons of games.

17 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The Buffalo Bills Are Warriors

Purdy gets injured and CMC is on his lonesome

The "Gabe is a very good WR2, I don't know what you're talking about!" crowd has officially eliminated Gabe from their vocabulary.:lol:

Everybody is off that wagon, finally.........or if not they are in deep lurk mode.

Now they are now resorting to "well who did the Rams or Patriots have?".............when we already went thru who all of these teams had in the Gabe debate.

Which proves they were never listening to the facts of the argument in the first place.:lol:

If you guys want to learn a bit about the impact of receivers I suggest you follow this site:

https://receptionperception.com

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

He was robbed of his younger years playing in NFL, extrapolate even his down half years and he's among the top 10 in all numbers for a 10 year career. He's only had 5 1/2 years and is half way there with only 3 full years of playing basically a full season. He's got like 4 full seasons of games.

Purdy gets injured and CMC is on his lonesome

Just to chime in on your guys conversation... 

You call welker and Edelman goat slot receivers... Yet completely ignore Andre Reed who created basically the modern slot position and has 5,000 more yards than those guys lol

If there's a goat slot receiver it's Andre Reed

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

TE can be a WR2 equivalent if they are really outstanding receivers.   How does including a TE who averages 15 yards per catch and has a 65% catch rate and 60+ yards per game like Gronk negate the argument?

Kelce was great in all 3 of the Chiefs SB years and Tyreek and Watkins were the 2nd and 3rd options in 2 of those SB appearances.

And last year Juju was a do-everything-well second option at WR who put up WR1 bulk stats(24th in yards receiving) and provided Mahomes a crazy efficient near 80% catch rate passing game weapon.   It would be incredible if the Bills had someone like that opposite Diggs this season.  In fact compare his efficiency numbers last year to Diggs stats this year.   Better ypc, success%, catch rate, YAC, yards per target.......he was legit VERY good last year.

The Bills TE's haven't been dangerous.   Knox has had a truly terrible season.   His biggest impacts were two crucial 4th down drops........one that nearly lead directly to a loss against the NYG.......and one that greatly contributed to defeat in NE.   Before that he has always been an inconsistent passing game weapon just like Gabe.   Kincaid has show more promise but he has a pathetic 8.1 yards per reception and 6.7 yards per target.   He's been toothless to this point.   

Maybe this year is the exception when you don't need a stud 2nd receiving option?    Maybe this year playoff defense's don't shut down offense's that rely so heavily on RB's like this year's Bills and Chiefs?  That's why top ranked, must-feed RB's don't win SB's.......but again, maybe this year is finally the exception?   

There are a lot of maybe's but my point is that the known quantities that the Bills have as weapons are not on par with what has been getting teams to SB's.

Because I know the bills tight ends are good.  Knox isn’t great but he’s a proven playmaker.  He’s a TE getting paid more than Juju.  Kincaid is good.  Not very good yet, but I think that’s more based on his usage.  They aren’t allowing him to run downfield as often as he should be.  Your old cane QB KD had visions of Larry centers when scheme for Kincaid.  1 yard routes. That’s not on Kincaid.  

Brady didn’t use his TE very much at LSU or Carolina.  hopefully he can figure out how to get those 2 involved. Brady has unlocked James Cook though. He’s been excellent. He’s a top 5 RB this year.  Some would say top 2-3.  He’s a weapon.  

regarding your last sentence- agree to disagree.  I think we have 2 special playmakers in Diggs and cook. I think Kincaid just needs to be unlocked and we have 3.  I think knox and gabe are above average #4,5 options.  All behind a now very solid OL.  I think the playmakers still have 3+ games to change the narrative that they aren’t on par.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

You call welker and Edelman goat slot receivers... Yet completely ignore Andre Reed who created basically the modern slot position and has 5,000 more yards than those guys lol

He was good enough to play any WR.   I wonder how good would he be in current era.

3 hours ago, Success said:

I don’t think this current iteration of the team could lose to anyone honestly…that jags/NE/Denver stretch before Rasul Douglas got up to speed our defensive depth chart was atrocious. We were last in the league in defensive dvoa for that 4 or so week stretch. To me thats what knocked us from fighting for the 1 seed to fighting to make the playoffs.  

The jets loss was unfortunate but a road division game week 1 you just never know what’s gonna happen…the jets were far less of a joke back then before their OL started dropping like flies too 

now that we’ve got no knee brace von and Daquan jones comin back I think we’re the best team in the afc playoffs if we make it 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

One subtle disagreement - I live in the Bay Area and while Brock is a solid QB, most fans and media here would argue that the Niners are one Deebo or CMC injury away from being quite beatable on any given day by any decent team. Their offense is dependent on those two. Purdy is QB and gets the associated hype especially since he was a 7th rounder who is succeeding. But note that they were 0-3 without Deebo and Trent Williams, not without Purdy.

That said, when healthy, they are not a team I want the Bills to face. We are no better than a coin flip with our current injuries, but certainly have a chance with current level of play.

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Because I know the bills tight ends are good.  Knox isn’t great but he’s a proven playmaker.  He’s a TE getting paid more than Juju.  Kincaid is good.  Not very good yet, but I think that’s more based on his usage.  They aren’t allowing him to run downfield as often as he should be.  Your old cane QB KD had visions of Larry centers when scheme for Kincaid.  1 yard routes. That’s not on Kincaid.  

Brady didn’t use his TE very much at LSU or Carolina.  hopefully he can figure out how to get those 2 involved. Brady has unlocked James Cook though. He’s been excellent. He’s a top 5 RB this year.  Some would say top 2-3.  He’s a weapon.  

regarding your last sentence- agree to disagree.  I think we have 2 special playmakers in Diggs and cook. I think Kincaid just needs to be unlocked and we have 3.  I think knox and gabe are above average #4,5 options.  All behind a now very solid OL.  I think the playmakers still have 3+ games to change the narrative that they aren’t on par.  

If we sneak into the playoffs we're going to need Kincaid to improve quickly.  That improves better play designs to stretch the middle of the defense and for him to go from good to very good within the next month.  Three very good to elite weapons with Diggs (not worried about him at all) , Kincaid, and Cook (needs to continue his play quality) would be enough to be a legitimate Super Bowl contender.  We have the best o-line since 2020 and a defense that is at least on par with KC during their first Super Bowl run.  Getting to the dance is the main obstacle right now though.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

can not deny that is an unfortunate possibility. that is why I remain cautiously optimistic. not much more the dagger can do to this old heart.

I meant the absurd rant he went on after the Bills beat the Rams last season and how they were about to dominate every opponent. Dumb reference on my part.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

This is true lol

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

Again, with regard to Cook being the Bills top or second option........I don't believe the quality of a RB makes a difference in reaching or winning a SB.   SF got great RB production from everybody they have used under Shanahan.   They can reach the SB if McCaffrey goes down.  No problem.   They can't if Deebo goes down and probably won't if Aiyuk goes down.  

You are wrong about the Bills TE's being good.   Knox has been terrible in the passing game this season.  By every metric.  We can cite the injury for his drop-off but it's about what he and Kincaid are now...........not what they could be.  And at his best all Knox was still not close to top tier TE who you'd want as a top 2 option.   What he's getting paid has nothing to do with it.........that contract looks long-term bad right now.  

With his lost season combined with Kincaid's toothless production the Bills have NOT had a good TE game.........let alone a TE who has been an elite second option.

And yeah Knox makes an occasional highlight play but so does Gabe and so do Justin Watson and MVS for the Chiefs.........the problem is they aren't good enough second options.    You saw how impactful Gabe and Knox were when they needed them to step up in the Cinci playoff game last year.   They aren't NEARLY good enough to consistently step up against the style of defense opponents are playing good passing games with right now.    

2023 has been the year of the playmaker.    If a non-QB is going to win MVP ever again,  it's this season.   Teams with multiple stud receiving targets(of the non-RB variety) are making teams like SF and Philly SB favorites and keeping flawed teams like Cinci, Miami, Seattle, Houston and Jacksonville in contention.   Teams like Dallas and Baltimore don't have stud WR2's but they have a better top 3 of pass catchers.......though losing Andrews means Baltimore really needs the #1 seed, IMO.  

The Bills and Chiefs are fighting against that current this season.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Again, with regard to Cook being the Bills top or second option........I don't believe the quality of a RB makes a difference in reaching or winning a SB.   SF got great RB production from everybody they have used under Shanahan.   They can reach the SB if McCaffrey goes down.  No problem.   They can't if Deebo goes down and probably won't if Aiyuk goes down.  

You are wrong about the Bills TE's being good.   Knox has been terrible in the passing game this season.  By every metric.  We can cite the injury for his drop-off but it's about what he and Kincaid are now...........not what they could be.  And at his best all Knox was still not close to top tier TE who you'd want as a top 2 option.   What he's getting paid has nothing to do with it.........that contract looks long-term bad right now.  

With his lost season combined with Kincaid's toothless production the Bills have NOT had a good TE game.........let alone a TE who has been an elite second option.

And yeah Knox makes an occasional highlight play but so does Gabe and so do Justin Watson and MVS for the Chiefs.........the problem is they aren't good enough second options.    You saw how impactful Gabe and Knox were when they needed them to step up in the Cinci playoff game last year.   They aren't NEARLY good enough to consistently step up against the style of defense opponents are playing good passing games with right now.    

2023 has been the year of the playmaker.    If a non-QB is going to win MVP ever again,  it's this season.   Teams with multiple stud receiving targets(of the non-RB variety) are making teams like SF and Philly SB favorites and keeping flawed teams like Cinci, Miami, Seattle, Houston and Jacksonville in contention.   Teams like Dallas and Baltimore don't have stud WR2's but they have a better top 3 of pass catchers.......though losing Andrews means Baltimore really needs the #1 seed, IMO.  

The Bills and Chiefs are fighting against that current this season.

Why is it the year of the playmaker?  Because there aren’t any QBs having stand out years.  Possibly because of the lack of playmakers (as well as injuries)

I just don’t see how you can say that our playmakers aren’t up to par with the chiefs of last year, the rams the previous season, the eagles of a few seasons ago and the pats of any season.  The TB team had better playmakers for sure….the first chiefs title, for sure had better.  

That’s the only statement I have a problem with.  If they aren’t “equal too” or “as good as” those previous champions, they certainly aren’t far behind.  Definitely not far behind enough to be the reason we can win a SB

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Why is it the year of the playmaker?  Because there aren’t any QBs having stand out years.  Possibly because of the lack of playmakers (as well as injuries)

I just don’t see how you can say that our playmakers aren’t up to par with the chiefs of last year, the rams the previous season, the eagles of a few seasons ago and the pats of any season.  The TB team had better playmakers for sure….the first chiefs title, for sure had better.  

That’s the only statement I have a problem with.  If they aren’t “equal too” or “as good as” those previous champions, they certainly aren’t far behind.  Definitely not far behind enough to be the reason we can win a SB

Defense's have effectively separated the wheat from the chaff in the passing game this season.    Phony WR2's like Gabe have gotten exposed.   There has never been more WR talent in the NFL than there is now........but you have to be REALLY good to make plays when defense's are basically running the equivalent of hockey's neutral zone trap.  

The only reason you can't see that our playmakers aren't as good as KC last season is because you refuse to face the fact that Juju was excellent last year.   24th in receiving yards and 77% catch rate.    A stud season from a guy who also once put up a 1400 yard season.    The Bills don't have anywhere near that kind of player as a second option.    The Chiefs also had dynamic impact from their RB's receiving........ 10 receiving TD's from McKinnon and Pacheco last season.......Cook has 4 with 3 games left.   But LOS aligned receivers are more important to the equation.   And fwiw, both Chiefs SB wins were capped off by plays by their WR2.......Sammy Watkins and Juju(who is open to extend and end the game if Bradberry doesn't grab him).          

Edited by BADOLBILZ

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Defense's have effectively separated the wheat from the chaff in the passing game this season.    Phony WR2's like Gabe have gotten exposed.   There has never been more WR talent in the NFL than there is now........but you have to be REALLY good to make plays when defense's are basically running the equivalent of hockey's neutral zone trap.  

The only reason you can't see that our playmakers aren't as good as KC last season is because you refuse to face the fact that Juju was excellent last year.   24th in receiving yards and 77% catch rate.    A stud season from a guy who also once put up a 1400 yard season.    The Bills don't have anywhere near that kind of player as a second option.    The Chiefs also had dynamic impact from their RB's receiving........ 10 receiving TD's from McKinnon and Pacheco last season.......Cook has 4 with 3 games left.   But LOS aligned receivers are more important to the equation.   And fwiw, both Chiefs SB wins were capped off by plays by their WR2.......Sammy Watkins and Juju(who is open to extend and end the game if Bradberry doesn't grab him).          

Comparing RB TDs to those of the bills is like comparing apples to oranges. Josh Allen leads the NFL in TD runs since joining the nfl iirc.  Not just because we don’t have good goalline backs……but because Josh Allen and he’s unstoppable.  Our RB Tds (and playmaker tds in general) will always be less than due to having the best red zone threat QB in nfl history.  

juju was fine with Mahomes….as is Rashee Rice.  They swapped one for one….. yet somehow their playmakers are the problem now this year?  Rice has a 81% catch rate this year.  He has 7 tds.  Juju had 3.  Juju had 58 yards per game while rice has 53.  Not much difference……

like I said- IF the chiefs and other SB champs do have better playmakers than we do, it’s not by that much.  Not enough to say that’s why we couldn’t win a SB

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Grind axes much?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.