The perfect rebuttal to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)

JaCrispy

On 12/15/2023 at 2:38 PM, Tiberius said:

Diversity makes us stronger 

This kind of statement is the stupidest thing that I ever believed at one time. When you say diversity you only mean racially and race is the least important aspect of a person. I live in an area where white people are less than 50% of the population and I am very happy here but the area has no other kind of diversity really. We are involved parents who ensure our community standards are maintained. Everyone is successful financially, expects their children to succeed at school and supports their children. We would not stand for vandalism, or riots, or violence in the streets. When someone broke into a house and was shot, we did not protest for the robber. I will ask one direct question of you, if we put an uneducated black trans person as president of Harvard now would that be an improvement? 

4 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

This kind of statement is the stupidest thing that I ever believed at one time. When you say diversity you only mean racially and race is the least important aspect of a person. I live in an area where white people are less than 50% of the population and I am very happy here but the area has no other kind of diversity really. We are involved parents who ensure our community standards are maintained. Everyone is successful financially, expects their children to succeed at school and supports their children. We would not stand for vandalism, or riots, or violence in the streets. When someone broke into a house and was shot, we did not protest for the robber. I will ask one direct question of you, if we put an uneducated black trans person as president of Harvard now would that be an improvement? 

What? 

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

I have to disagree with Mark on this one…

Some people feel that by, simply hiring people who look different then other people, it will help your business succeed…

My question is HOW?

If you have two candidates to choose from, and one is white and one is Hispanic…How does it help the business to hire the Hispanic if the Hispanic doesn’t have the best credentials for the job?

It’s one thing if the Hispanic is more qualified for the position…But it is obvious that if they are not, you are only hurting your business…And this goes for people of any color and gender…

And I agree with Elon on this one…Discrimination on the basis of race, REGARDLESS of reason or intention is still racism…

Just remember, the KKK thought they were doing something positive, too, when they discriminated…This is no different- just the other end of the spectrum…But they still share the same thing in common- racism…👍

10 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Some people feel that by, simply hiring people who look different then other people, it will help your business succeed…

My question is HOW?

If you have two candidates to choose from, and one is white and one is Hispanic…How does it help the business to hire the Hispanic if the Hispanic doesn’t have the best credentials for the job?

It’s one thing if the Hispanic is more qualified for the position…But it is obvious that if they are not, you are only hurting your business…And this goes for people of any color and gender…

And I agree with Elon on this one…Discrimination on the basis of race, REGARDLESS of reason or intention is still racism…

Just remember, the KKK thought they were doing something positive, too, when they discriminated…This is no different- just the other end of the spectrum…But they still share the same thing in common- racism…👍

What do you do for a living?

On 12/15/2023 at 12:47 PM, JaCrispy said:

It’s the perfect rebuttal because the deeper you dig, the more you start to realize DEI actually has nothing to do with diversity or inclusion- but is, instead, used as a political weapon to distinguish between those who adhere to the Woke religion, and those who don’t…👍

I really like what i here from this guy but don't know enough or a lot about him (so i need to do more research) I think he makes a good candidate but not sure he would make it all the way in the presidential election but may be a excellent VP !!

And 1 thing for sure is no one could actually use the race card on him . Well i guess they could seeing as they call Tim Scott uncle tom . 

12 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

My question is HOW?

I think you misread his tweet. At no point does he say to hire someone who is less qualified because of their race.

This is the mistake that a lot of people make: that the purpose is to hire less qualified people to meet some moral goal. 

The reality is that we have traditionally excluded people from roles due to their demographics (not their qualifications). The goal here is to expand the talent pool to include people who would normally have been left out so that we can find qualified people who are traditionally overlooked. 

Per the tweet you responded to:

”You may not agree, but I take it as a given that there are  people of various races, ethnicities, orientation, etc that are regularly excluded from hiring consideration.  By extending our hiring search to include  them, we can find people that are more qualified. “

🎯 

No.
Diversity: diverse to American values, i.e., Communist.
Inclusion: including people outside of American values, i.e., Communists.
Equity: an administered system in which shares are adjusted to make citizens equal, i.e., Communism.

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

I think you misread his tweet. At no point does he say to hire someone who is less qualified because of their race.

This is the mistake that a lot of people make: that the purpose is to hire less qualified people to meet some moral goal. 

The reality is that we have traditionally excluded people from roles due to their demographics (not their qualifications). The goal here is to expand the talent pool to include people who would normally have been left out so that we can find qualified people who are traditionally overlooked. 

”You may not agree, but I take it as a given that there are  people of various races, ethnicities, orientation, etc that are regularly excluded from hiring consideration.  By extending our hiring search to include  them, we can find people that are more qualified. “

I'm sure in many cases "we can find people that are more qualified" but why do I need some socially defined and enforced DEI program to do that?  Its something me, as a hiring manager can figure out on my own and I'd argue I'm already doing it.  I'm not in the practice of hiring less qualified people which makes my team less effective and which ultimately reflects on my management of the group.  For a manager to be successful the people under them need to be successful.  The idea a White, Black, Asian, Hispanic, or some manager of another ethnic background is by nature going to discriminate based on race or some other trait and hire less qualified candidates that "look like them" rather than hire the person most likely to produce out of the prospective candidates is equivalent to professional suicide.  I wonder if the people who dreamed up this DEI dogma actually ever managed or hired a group of people in a business?  I believe most have spent their lives in a world of academic fantasies. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/4/2024 at 10:30 AM, ChiGoose said:

Extending a search to less normal pools of candidates is good except when the normal pool of candidates is so limited because the skills needed are limited. There is a reason that the stories of people becoming NFL players without playing high school football are so rare, those with the willingness and ability to be an NFL player is limited. Being a doctor has a lot of soft skills but lots of hard skills that some can't do but we keep pretending it does not matter.

• Thank you (+1) 1