The perfect rebuttal to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)

JaCrispy

29 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Discrimination is against the law, just like murder, theft. All exist

But now it's kosher under the umbrella (dei).  

Kinda crazy hearing progressives support hiring, firing and promoting based on race and sex.  Those battles were hard fought.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

:lol:

Brilliant start coach.

Just look at the MAGA racists responses to that Tweet. As predicted.

Meanwhile - Mayo on diversity, equity, and inclusion: “I learned a lot at Optum about diversity and inclusion. You better believe that being the first black head coach here in New England means a lot to me, but those guys taught me that you have to take people – black, white, green, yellow, it really doesn’t matter. Old, young.”

What being first the black Patriots head coach means Jerod Mayo (boston.com)

On 1/17/2024 at 11:05 AM, Tiberius said:

Do you know why Philharmonic orchestras use to be all male? It's because they would not hire women, obviously. So now they do blind test so you only hear the music because people are so biased, They can't do that for every job. People are people  

Blind auditions are the epitome of straight up meritocracy.

Actually there are now calls to end it because it is not getting the desired effect.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/16/arts/music/blind-auditions-orchestras-race.html

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

So now most faculty members don't want to attend staff meetings either.

My workplace has a couple major HR initiatives.  DEI and Common Culture.  I'd argue they're conflicting objectives.

Do you want differences or commonality?  It's something nobody running the show cares to explain.

Gone are the simplier days when you were just expected to do the best job you can and go home.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

"The New York Times presents this piece as some kind of Pentagon Papers-esque exposé."

"But I guarantee you that a majority of Americans - including probably most Democrats -- believe that DEI/Anti Racism went too far post George Floyd and we need to get back to aiming for a color blind society."

That's the highest rated comment on the article "'America Is Under Attack': Inside the Anti-D.E.I. Crusade" by Nicholas Confessore (NYT).

The next 4 highest rated comments are similar:

1. "I don’t agree on much with Elise Stefanik, but she is right about DEI. When a movement requires zealous adherence, will abide no decent, and actively persecuted dissenters, then that movement is an enemy of free speech and the active exchange of ideas, whether it comes from the right or the left."

2. "This article makes the same assumption that the DEI movement does: opposing any aspect of the DEI program is an opposition to diversity and thus is racist itself. Why cant it be okay to think that the DEI program is the wrong approach to achieving diversity?"

3. "Getting rid of these DEI programs would be good for the US. We should get back to trying to be a meritocracy. Choose the best candidates, not the most diverse ones."

4. "This article attempts to discredit the view that DEI has gone too far by linking this view to politicians most readers will find distasteful. Yet the article avoids any discussion, analysis or statistics about the underlying question. It is undeniable that higher education is staffed by teachers and administrators that are far more progressive than the U.S. as a whole, that college courses are heavily tilted toward the progressive narrative, that administrators (including 'the college presidents') selectively protect free speech depending on the message, and that applicants’ race has been the determining factor for many students at elite universities. Many Americans think this progressive bias is wrong. The fact some unsavory characters may agree doesn’t negate the point."

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2024/01/the-new-york-times-presents-this-piece.html

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/01/20/us/dei-woke-claremont-institute.html

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/17/2024 at 4:48 PM, BillsFanNC said:

:lol:

Brilliant start coach.

If he sees color, as he claims, then clearly he’s aware that blacks are over represented on his football team…I hope the equity he believes in leads him sign more white, Asian, and Hispanic players to be a better representation of society…😉