Is Diggs done?

harmonkillebrew

When the int. happened, Diggs went out of his way to not dislodge the ball from the defender. He got as far away from play as he could. It was a bit odd. He was playing it as if he were a defender trying not to get a PI call.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

Just now, DapperCam said:

In previous years that underthrow by Allen wouldn’t have been a pick because Diggs would have fought back for the ball and broken it up.

Idk what is up with him, but I’ve noticed he has been getting almost no separation. Every completion his way has been a very tight window throw.

The number back it up as well. His numbers have fallen off a cliff after starting the year top 5 in the league.

Not sure I've ever seen him break up a INT like that.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

I tend to believe that they are doubling him a ton as per this article. We don’t have any other consistent offensive weapon that scares people. I don’t buy the “injury” theory that alot of folks immediately jumps too.  

I was able to open article without subscription, so hope you’re able to as well. 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/buffalo-bills-stefon-diggs-passing-game-dallas-cowboys-nfl/article_295d4e4c-9acc-11ee-9c3e-272e6a44b064.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

So to recap we would have fired McDermott, Beane.  We would have cut Sam Martin, Oliver, Hyde, Poyer, Rapp, Cook, Dane, Dodson, Epenesa, and Gabe.  Am I missing anyone?  These guys are humans and make mistakes but this board tends to overreact.  Can you imagine if we lost yesterday?

I hate to break it to you….but we came REALLY close to losing yesterday. 😉

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

He played 60% of snaps yesterday. Something is going on. 

This. I can’t imagine the hits these guys take. He’s still hugely valubale at 75% speed, and I can see taking himself out for 20-40%.

again, we should be nice to him. He deserves it. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

I think he's hurt and gutting it out  Bills are better off  not announcing it and teams will continue to give him extra attention and hopefully other guys make the best of the opportunities  

I hope that your right ... if not then he had hit the wall or has checked out,  and neither of those is good

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DuckyBoys said:

I think he's hurt and gutting it out  Bills are better off  not announcing it and teams will continue to give him extra attention and hopefully other guys make the best of the opportunities  

I think he has a rib injury.  Any time he takes a hit he has to come off the field for a play or two.  That's not like him.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He did get his head hit and neck looked at in the very beginning of the game which could explain the lower snap count. 

plus he has now hit that dreaded 30 in age and as we have seen many many times, most skill players start their decline. 

We shall see but I assume it is injuries/banged up body causing this. 

Edited by CaliBills
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.