The weekly "most suspicious officiating moments in the game" thread

Simon

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I’m not talking about contact though. 

I’m talking about a hold. Not sure we are talking about the same play. It was a blatant hold that clearly slowed Kincaid down that was not called. 

I think we're probably taking about the same play (the contact sort of wrong-footed Kincaid and Allen's throw went over his head?).

I wasn't paying as much attention to the replay at the moment and didn't see an actual pull but I could be wrong.

How about Leonard Floyd being held all game and not a single holding call against him?  Or the two Bills holding calls back to back as they're about to go up two scores?  Or the non-call when Josh took a head shot before the game-winning FG?  NFL wanted us to stay in the hunt my ass.  

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Two things:

1. This feels like the makeup game after the Bills had been screwed by the officials in Philly.
  2. We're talking about Kadarius Toney... classic great athlete with a 10 cent brain. His list of missed mental assignments and diva tendencies made it easy for the Giants to write him off not long after taking him in the 1st round. This guy is a complete moron and not someone who should be given the benefit of the doubt in any situation. Actually if I were Andy Reid I would use this latest *****up to light a fire under his ass. Why would any coach run to the defense of a chronically underachieving and mistake-prone player? If I were his coach I'd have Chris Jones grab him by the shoulder pads and shake him violently until some small glimmer of comprehension flickered in his eyes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

How about Leonard Floyd being held all game and not a single holding call against him?  Or the two Bills holding calls back to back as they're about to go up two scores?  Or the non-call when Josh took a head shot before the game-winning FG?  NFL wanted us to stay in the hunt my ass.  

Yeah if anyone watched that game thinking the NFL had any interest in helping out Buffalo, they are probably just an entitled Chiefs fan.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

How about the absolute hold against Kincaid that wasn’t called?

Absolutely Hmm and the pi on Diggs the soft holding on Dawkins .. so please just stop Bills got no huge favors in this game .. to your point that’s a 25 yard play and Bills don’t have to punt.. KC should be embarrassed for carrying on like Bennett HS 

1 hour ago, Simon said:

#1 - The Latavius Murray "catch" that was squaring things up for the Kelce "catch"

#2 - The awful contact call on Sherfield's pick on 3rd/10 that gave the Bills a first down around the 20 and a legit chance to ice the game.

Two huge fourth quarter calls that made it look like the NFL wants the Bills still in the hunt.

# 2 the DB held him and it was obvious 

what 4th Q calls ? The holding on Dawkins ot the PI against Diggs. The Bills should be pissed and Josh should literally cry for the refs not letting Bills know they had 12 men vs Denver ?? 

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I think we're probably taking about the same play (the contact sort of wrong-footed Kincaid and Allen's throw went over his head?).

I wasn't paying as much attention to the replay at the moment and didn't see an actual pull but I could be wrong.

Wow it was a huge hold redirecting him away from a massive gain at a critical moment 

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I'm not going to have an ongoing debate about officiating so I'll say a couple things and zip it.

#1 - In no football game that I'm familiar with is that ever a catch; like Kelce's "catch" it was just another example of the problems that micro-officiating have led us to.

#2 - It's a designed pick play for Sherfield and Shakir, and Trent went after it like he'd just heard a joke about his Momma; no flag should have ever come out there and if one stupidly did,  it was just as much on Sherfield as the DB and imo, more on him for clearly initiating the contact.

I couldn't agree more with the bolded. Watching the game with my son we had a few instances were we disagreed on which way the call would/should go. It detracts from the product imo.

Best suggestion I ever heard (from a poster on this board) was that instant replay reviews should only be done with real-time replays, no slo-mo. Unfortunately it'll never happen. 

2 hours ago, Simon said:

#1 - The Latavius Murray "catch" that was squaring things up for the Kelce "catch"

#2 - The awful contact call on Sherfield's pick on 3rd/10 that gave the Bills a first down around the 20 and a legit chance to ice the game.

Two huge fourth quarter calls that made it look like the NFL wants the Bills still in the hunt.

What about the no call facemask on josh? Or the Holding that wasnt called but the entire Bills coaching staff was pointing at? Or the personal foul that wasnt called on kc when they fumbled and their guy was mouthing off while standing over a player that was laying on his back?   People only talk about what happens at the end of the game. 

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

That's what I was thinking. The outside wr's usually ask the officials if they are lined up "ok".  9/10 times that is called on the defense because the linemen are so bunched up and close to the ball. Toney shoulda known where he was. Total brain fart by him. 

Bills defense have been nailed twice for it this season. So I don't feel bad.

Another non-call was when Josh threw the pick. Sherfield was tackled on that play. Was a bad throw by Josh, but DPI shoulda been called. 

Bills had an og for being Offside early in year and it was critical call

1 hour ago, BearNorth said:

Anyone think the two back to back holding calls on our tackles after the Murray "catch" were scripted?

Those were both ultra questionable. Dawkins just tosses a guy on his face with his fingertips inside the front of the jersey? Come on

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Bills receivers were being held/illegal contacted all game long and nothing was being called, ala the AFC Championship Game...force the ref to make those calls and they weren't making them.

Leonard Floyd in particular was being held nearly every play it seemed like but didn't get a call either...

Sneed held, grabbed, and pushed on every play. He should have been called for PI on every snap.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Good. They’ve screwed us out of wins against the Patriots and Eagles. 

but they gifted us wins against the Giants and Bucs by not calling blatantly obvious DPI in the end zone on final plays. 

over 17 games, I'll guess that it all evens out and finally you need to best from scrimmage and healthy at the end of the season to have success 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ProcessTruster said:

but they gifted us wins against the Giants and Bucs by not calling blatantly obvious DPI in the end zone on final plays. 

over 17 games, I'll guess that it all evens out and finally you need to best from scrimmage and healthy at the end of the season to have success 

Yes and no. Rewatch the final drives in both those games. The refs put the Giants and Bucs in those positions with iffy calls. 

12 hours ago, Simon said:

Bills came with a bag of cash... Bean got it done!

Never in 35 years of watching the NFL product have I seen so many wrong calls in a game as I have over the past few seasons. Becomes even weirder when everything is essentially reviewed by a team they probably pay millions a year to…

Inexcusable. 

10 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

If I were his coach I'd have Chris Jones grab him by the shoulder pads and shake him violently until some small glimmer of comprehension flickered in his eyes.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhmC-vzRL84SNjDWk2d3u

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Never in 35 years of watching the NFL product have I seen so many wrong calls in a game as I have over the past few seasons. Becomes even weirder when everything is essentially reviewed by a team they probably pay millions a year to…

Inexcusable. 

Right and wrong are so subjective. 

Has the NFL announced any changes to the officiating? Has there been any talks in the league about any perceived problems with how the games are being called? 

If not, I would assert that the NFL feels the refs are calling the games precisely as they should be. 

1 minute ago, Dancing Fool said:

Right and wrong are so subjective. 

Has the NFL announced any changes to the officiating? Has there been any talks in the league about any perceived problems with how the games are being called? 

If not, I would assert that the NFL feels the refs are calling the games precisely as they should be. 

There’s been major changes… Like I said, you’re paying millions to have people review plays for the officiating crews. If that doesn’t tell you they feel there can be errors made in every game then sure, they think it’s precisely the way it should be. 

• Haha (+1) 1

If we’re talking about fishy calls, I nominate the back-to-back holding calls to kill the drive after that controversial catch/not catch by Johnson.

The first one of Dawkins kind of looked like holding, but the guy actually just tripped and fell.

The second one was ticky tack that happens all the time uncalled.

It was like the refs got together and decided the Bills better not score on that drive.

Edited by DapperCam
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.