Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Simon

1 hour ago, mannc said:

We don’t have WRs who can pick up YAC on that play anyway.  It’s a total waste.

Personally, I don't think we have the WRs who can block well enough to allow the intended receiver to pick up YAC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Araiza Curse said:

My point is, that KC has had and did beat us with a better WR (Hill) in the past. If they had that again then they would likely beat us. I also agree if we had another #2 WR to pair with Diggs, that we would be better and stand a good chance at beating them when it matters. But we won’t know because we never stay healthy and our drafting isn’t good enough to realize that scenario. 

We beat them with Hill as well.

The point doesn’t make any sense lol.

You cant just add talent to an area where they are weak and then using it to say they would beat us lol.

Bills are weak at safety.  Can I say “If the Bills had Derwin James, the Eagles wouldn’t have beat us?”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

We beat them with Hill as well.

The point doesn’t make any sense lol.

You cant just add talent to an area where they are weak and then using it to say they would beat us lol.

Bills are weak at safety.  Can I say “If the Bills had Derwin James, the Eagles wouldn’t have beat us?”

We beat them with Hill during the regular season that doesn’t hold as much value as in the playoffs. Everything changes in the playoffs. Teams and players play harder than they do in the regular season. We did not beat them with Hill when it mattered the most. That’s just a fact. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Araiza Curse said:

We beat them with Hill during the regular season that doesn’t hold as much value as in the playoffs. Everything changes in the playoffs. Teams and players play harder than they do in the regular season. We did not beat them with Hill when it mattered the most. That’s just a fact. 

So it took a blunder for them to beat us with Hill.  Are you thinking this is a strong argument or something?

Lol I know some people struggle with facts, but wow I guess it’s a tough thing to deal with. I want to see a Super Bowl victory as much as the next fan, but I’m not going to ignore the truth just because it makes me feel uncomfortable. When we beat them in the playoffs, then we can talk more. 

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So it took a blunder for them to beat us with Hill.  Are you thinking this is a strong argument or something?

Blunder or not, it’s still a loss. Until we beat them, they have us. Just what it is. 

Edited by Araiza Curse
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Starr Almighty said:

I notice this the most with KC. But why is the line not on the line?

GBB3qz6WIAAJN0Q.jpeg

That's insane. If that is their typical "line" the NFL needs to start cracking down. 

We don't need teams lining up like this. It puts the Bills at a disadvantage. Our QB is mobile, can break the ankles of free rushers and is the current NFL QB ironman. Force all teams to play with a legal line and the Bills will have yet another QB advantage over the other guys. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

That's insane. If that is their typical "line" the NFL needs to start cracking down. 

We don't need teams lining up like this. It puts the Bills at a disadvantage. Our QB is mobile, can break the ankles of free rushers and is the current NFL QB ironman. Force all teams to play with a legal line and the Bills will have yet another QB advantage over the other guys. 

They line up like this every game Ive watched for what seems to be every play

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah but they wouldn’t have beat us if we had Aaron Donald.

Possibly. But it’s still a fact though that KC beat us in the playoffs when they had a #1 WR. Which when i said that if KC had another #1 WR, they would likely beat us when it matters (because they’ve already proven they could). But they don’t this year, so maybe we can finally do it? 

Edited by Araiza Curse

2 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Sure, but that doesn’t change the fact. We lost to KC in the playoffs when they had a true #1 WR. Until we beat them in the playoffs, they own us. Beating them in the regular season doesn’t matter if we can’t beat them in the playoffs. 

The fact that you trying to tie those two together, especially in that game is hilarious.

• Like (+1) 1

Possibly. But it’s still a fact though that KC beat us in the playoffs when they had a #1 WR. Which when i said that if KC had another #1 WR, they would likely beat us when it matters (because they’ve already proven they could). But they don’t this year, so maybe we can finally do it? 

Geezus dude…lol

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Good result tonight too.  I wanted Dallas to be coming in off a win, feeling all satisfied and happy about themselves.  Not desperate.  They won’t be all that interested in playing in cold, breezy Orchard Park.

They aren’t going to have a down game over that. They are in a race for the division and one seed. 

that stuff doesn’t matter anyways. Just like the Chiefs losing last week didn’t matter. 

Edited by Scott7975

9 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Sure, but that doesn’t change the fact. We lost to KC in the playoffs when they had a true #1 WR. Until we beat them in the playoffs, they own us. Beating them in the regular season doesn’t matter if we can’t beat them in the playoffs. 

bull#### you've just been whining about how this all didn't count because they don't have a #1 WR, we do it in the playoffs you're going to be saying the same *****.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

bull#### you've just been whining about how this all didn't count because they don't have a #1 WR, we do it in the playoffs you're going to be saying the same *****.

If we beat them in the playoffs, then I will say we beat them in the playoffs without them having a #1WR. What is so untruthful in that statement. Doesn’t mean it isn’t an important accomplishment, but truth is still truth. 

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

When the two best teams in the league face each other, one of them has to lose. Sometimes it doesn’t always go your way. Just because we haven’t doesn’t mean we can’t. It just means we haven’t yet. 

it took 3 blunders in a row for the chiefs to beat us. That isn’t because they had Hill

Edited by Scott7975

Just now, Scott7975 said:

When the two best teams in the league face each other, one of them has to lose. Sometimes it doesn’t always go your way. Just because we haven’t doesn’t mean we can’t. It just means we haven’t yet. 

This is true, but until we actually prove that we can, we will always have the cloud over us. 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

When we lost to them in the playoffs they had two #1 receivers. I don’t care that Travis Kelce plays tight end. 

• Like (+1) 1

Can't field all stars at every position. KC focused on their O-line and defense believing they could get away with Mahomes making average players look good. They won the SuperBowl last year without a #1 receiver so don't see how not having one this year is so much worse with essentially the same group of players.

4 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Sonofabitch. The Bills are going to blow this opportunity with a down Chiefs team, no Burrow, JAX not ready for next step (as of now), and Baltimore being a top seed.

Maybe not…playoff odds pretty much doubled today 

to be fair though we have beaten the chiefs each of the last three regular seasons and that’s not the game that counts 

• Agree 1

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

They still have Travis Kelce? 

Even if you want to label Kelce a WR despite him not getting the same route/snap % as Diggs. So that means they have Kelce and we have Diggs. That means they don’t have 2 #WRs this year. So we should be able to beat them in the playoffs if we get there right? No more excuses? 

• Eyeroll 2

Even if you want to label Kelce a WR despite him not getting the same route/snap % as Diggs. So that means they have Kelce and we have Diggs. That means they don’t have 2 #WRs this year. So we should be able to beat them in the playoffs if we get there right? No more excuses? 

I’m not sure I’ve been making excuses? 

Someone wins and someone loses. They’re both good football teams, the best in the league pretty much since Mahomes and Allen took over. I’d like the Bills to win and continue to win. 

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

I’m not sure I’ve been making excuses? 

Someone wins and someone loses. They’re both good football teams, the best in the league pretty much since Mahomes and Allen took over. I’d like the Bills to win and continue to win. 

We all do. I want nothing more for the Bills to win and to win it all. But they have to prove it to me. I still hold out hope we can do it this year, but time will tell. 

3 hours ago, hectorkatz said:

remember that the Chiefs spent the week watching film of the Eagles /Bills game in which the refs completely dominated the outcome by throwing 10 flags more on Buffalo in the first half alone.

and they are complaining about one play/flag? 

How much laughing at the Bills misfortune do you think there was in the film room this past week at Arrowhead?

True but this is the problem with NFL. There are terrible calls every week that go against teams. Sometimes it evens out, and sometimes it doesn't. For the team who gets screwed, they complain. But for the team who benefits from a bogus call, they keep their mouths shut. They are thinking "we have had so many bogus calls go against us, it's about time we got a lucky break."

Not saying that's the case this week. Dude was clearly offside and it was the right call.

But, last week, there was an egregious NO CALL against the Packers that cost KC the game.

Not only that, but there have been multiple games this year that were decided not by the players, but by the officials and their terrible calls. I agree with the spirit of what Mahomes is saying, even if it's not applicable to this case.

The bottom line is that the NFL officiating is a total disaster and needs to be overhauled and reimagined from the ground up. It's disgraceful.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.