This company wants you to work while you are sleeping

Einstein

A company has developed a device that allows people to control their dreams for productive activities such as practicing for meetings or designing. The device uses focused ultrasound beams to activate decision-making and awareness regions of the brain involved in lucid dreaming.

https://fortune.com/2023/11/30/lucid-dream-startup-prophetic-headset-prepare-meetings-while-sleeping/

https://propheticai.co/

On 12/7/2023 at 3:59 PM, Einstein said:

A company has developed a device that allows people to control their dreams for productive activities such as practicing for meetings or designing. The device uses focused ultrasound beams to activate decision-making and awareness regions of the brain involved in lucid dreaming.

https://fortune.com/2023/11/30/lucid-dream-startup-prophetic-headset-prepare-meetings-while-sleeping/

https://propheticai.co/

I'm lucky if I can get people to focus on work when they are awake.

That said, if this works, I can see large applications in the education field. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

ACOE must have a patent on this contraption. Work while you sleep. 10 hours out of 40/week. Sounds about right. 

Beats...

MicroSleep:

"A microsleep is a sudden temporary episode of sleep or drowsiness which may last for a few seconds where an individual fails to respond to some arbitrary sensory input and becomes unconscious."

"Microsleep is extremely dangerous when it occurs in situations that demand constant alertness, such as driving a motor vehicle or working with heavy machinery. People who experience microsleeps often remain unaware of them, instead believing themselves to have been awake the whole time, or to have temporarily lost focus."

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/8/2023 at 8:56 PM, That's No Moon said:

I'm lucky if I can get people to focus on work when they are awake.

That said, if this works, I can see large applications in the education field. 

Have a good friend who is a public high school math teacher in the NOVA area of DC.  

She said she would be "overjoyed" if ANY student in ANY of her classes would raise a hand with an answer or to ask a question, and that half the class is routinely asleep.

One of her 15 year old female students was being pimped out by her MOTHER, with the tricks going down in the girl's/mom's house.

She has now taught on Long Island, Syracuse area, and DC....says it's "the same everywhere."

She really paints a grim picture of the schooling scene in 21st century America, believe me.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Have a good friend who is a public high school math teacher in the NOVA area of DC.  

She said she would be "overjoyed" if ANY student in ANY of her classes would raise a hand with an answer or to ask a question, and that half the class is routinely asleep.

One of her 15 year old female students was being pimped out by her MOTHER, with the tricks going down in the girl's/mom's house.

She has now taught on Long Island, Syracuse area, and DC....says it's "the same everywhere."

She really paints a grim picture of the schooling scene in 21st century America, believe me.

I also work in public education. It's pretty far from ideal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.