I think it's time to activate Fournette

JÂy RÛßeÒ

3 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

again, someone not in shape and not working hard to get activated is not going to stay on the PS. Don't know why that's so hard to comprehend.

we don't know otherwise why he has not been active. He said he's ready and knows the playbook.

so he’s in game shape and full speed with the playbook….but he can’t make the roster?  What would be the reason? Why did they sign him at this point in his career?  To park him on a PS?

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

so he’s in game shape and full speed with the playbook….but he can’t make the roster?  What would be the reason? Why did they sign him at this point in his career?  To park him on a PS?

like I said already, no one knows why he has not been active. Nothing has been made public as to the reason. I'm sure he wouldn't have signed if there wasn't a plan for him.

Ty Johnson should be back next year. He’s been great as the 3rd back - he’s made numerous positive plays in a limited role. 

Cook/Johnson/Hines is a versatile room in ‘24. Bring in a vet and an UDFA for camp as well to see if they can take Hines spot, but he has the leg up because of his return ability (given he’s himself after the ACL). 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Ty Johnson should be back next year. He’s been great as the 3rd back - he’s made numerous positive plays in a limited role. 

Cook/Johnson/Hines is a versatile room in ‘24. 

Hines?     

$5.5M for a 28 year old scatback with a blown knee to be the 3rd RB?  

Nah.  

That would be gross mismanagement by Beane.  

Find next years version of Ty Johnson to be the 3rd back. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Hines?     

Nah.  

Really depends on whether he would take less money to come back. Heinz does have value.

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Hines?     

Nah.  

For some reason I thought there was substantial dead cap. We can save $5M with only $500k dead cap by releasing him pre-6/1… yeah see ya Nyheim. 

We better release him lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

like I said already, no one knows why he has not been active. Nothing has been made public as to the reason. I'm sure he wouldn't have signed if there wasn't a plan for him.

can you not even speculate as to why they would sign him and in week 16 still have no use for him? It’s been 7 weeks. A veteran like him in top shape who has mastered the playbook should walk right into the field, no?

You must have some reason your thinking of.  Being out of shape was the easiest guess for me.  Not much else would make sense.

help us out…

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

can you not even speculate as to why they would sign him and in week 16 still have no use for him? It’s been 7 weeks. A veteran like him in top shape who has mastered the playbook should walk right into the field, no?

You must have some reason your thinking of.  Being out of shape was the easiest guess for me.  Not much else would make sense.

help us out…

I've stated my opinion a couple time already, so I'm not sure what else I can offer at this point. I believe Fournette was signed as an insurance policy after Damien Harris went down, then the Bills rode the hot hand with Cook & Ty Johnson contributing. Murray & Lenny may be a similar player so the Bills decided to stick with the status quo.

Fournette potentially being out of shape may be an easy guess, but it's not my opinion. I've scoured the Internet as to why Lenny may have not been activated and I haven't been able to find anything, so I'm not going to spend time on pointless speculation.

I'm hoping with Johnson being questionable as of yesterday's injury report, Lenny will be active Saturday. This would make sense to me.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Big Turk said:

with the way Ty Johnson has been playing Fournette only gets elevated with an injury. Honestly same with Harris...Johnson has been too good to take him off the field...every time he touches the ball something good happens.

Ty Johnson has been a phenomenal pickup. I liked him on the Jets and seeing him run for us is a pleasure. I don’t think he’s had a single negative run play for us. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

I wouldn't be surprised to learn of his elevation today because the team released multiple pictures of him working with the 1s from yesterday's practice. It's like they made a point of letting us see that.

Honestly this might be the perfect game for him because I anticipate us being up big in the 4th quarter. Let him work a quarter and rest Cook/Ty

1 hour ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

I've stated my opinion a couple time already, so I'm not sure what else I can offer at this point. I believe Fournette was signed as an insurance policy after Damien Harris went down, then the Bills rode the hot hand with Cook & Ty Johnson contributing. Murray & Lenny may be a similar player so the Bills decided to stick with the status quo.

Fournette potentially being out of shape may be an easy guess, but it's not my opinion. I've scoured the Internet as to why Lenny may have not been activated and I haven't been able to find anything, so I'm not going to spend time on pointless speculation.

I'm hoping with Johnson being questionable as of yesterday's injury report, Lenny will be active Saturday. This would make sense to me.

It may be that they have been able to get him in game shape after 2 months.  we'll know tomorrow if this is true.

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.