College Football Playoffs 2023

Mark Vader

#1 Michigan vs #4 Ohio State

#2 Georgia vs #3 Alabama (or flip them if it makes you feel better)

Those are the 4 best teams in the country, imo and that would give us a great "playoff".

But since it is never actually the 4 best teams, it will depend on the whims of a handful of voters.

Meaning we might get an overrated Pac 10 12 9 team, somebody's little sister from the ACC. And Notre Dame.

I can't wait until this nonsense is out the door next year.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, FireChans said:

Michigan, Washington, Texas, FSU in that order. Easy peasy.

FSU is a so-so team that plays in a secod rate (and I'm being generous) conference. Michigan's coach is a cheater and Washington is in a vastly overrated conference. How was Bo Nix in the SEC? I know.....he was all but chased out of it. In the PAC Whatever, he is mentioned for the Heismann. Please.

The best teams in college football are Georgia and Alabama and Texas. 

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1. Michigan

2. Washington

3. Texas

4. Bama/FSU

I'm torn on FSU or Bama at 4.  FSU is unbeaten vs Bama's loss but Bama played a much tougher schedule.  That being said, FSU should get credit for at least going out and scheduling and beating a tough non-conference opponent (LSU) on a Neutral field.  I guess I'll give the edge to FSU but if either them or Bama ends up at 4 I'd be okay with it.  Great season for Georgia but when the rubber met the road (SEC Championship) they lost so they should be out.

I think it will be:

1. Michigan

2. Washington

3. Texas

4. Alabama

I think a small case for OSU and Georgia could be made to fit somewhere at 3 and 4, but who do you bump? Those are two legit teams that could win a CFP. I feel for FSU, but like Joey Galloway was saying, losing the QB will ultimately be their downfall and probably THE reason they are out.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

I think it will be:

1. Michigan

2. Washington

3. Texas

4. Alabama

I think a small case for OSU and Georgia could be made to fit somewhere at 3 and 4, but who do you bump? Those are two legit teams that could win a CFP. I feel for FSU, but like Joey Galloway was saying, losing the QB will ultimately be their downfall and probably THE reason they are out.

New strategy:  injure players on the other team to eliminate them.  That sounds like a good way to run a system for a team sport.  Or maybe just another in a long line of excuses to hand it to Alabama.

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

New strategy:  injure players on the other team to eliminate them.  That sounds like a good way to run a system for a team sport.  Or maybe just another in a long line of excuses to hand it to Alabama.

It's unfortunate. I feel for the FSU players. That defense is great. At the end of the day that is probably what it will come down to. Nothing would make me feel better than to see Alabama excluded from the CFP. I saw a post online where one key aspect of the selection committee in deciding this CFP was the loss of key player(s), and FSU's offense was pretty shaky with the fresh QB, so ultimately I think they'll be excluded for that reason.

25 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

It's unfortunate. I feel for the FSU players. That defense is great. At the end of the day that is probably what it will come down to. Nothing would make me feel better than to see Alabama excluded from the CFP. I saw a post online where one key aspect of the selection committee in deciding this CFP was the loss of key player(s), and FSU's offense was pretty shaky with the fresh QB, so ultimately I think they'll be excluded for that reason.

Honestly if an undefeated team in a high end conference gets summarily eliminated for any of a long list of dubious excuses, why not simply eliminate any type of playoff at all and go back to the bowl system?  It’s a farce.  Why wouldn’t they just tell 95% of the teams in August……you’re eliminated?  Because they are.

The injury reasoning is stupid and borderline dangerous.  What happens if someone walks into Milroe’s dorm room this morning and goes all Tonya Harding?

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Agree 2

1-Michigan

2-Washington

3-Florida State

4-Alabama

I was pulling for Louisville. It sucks that we will see Florida State. Nothing against them but they have no shot with losing their QB.

Looking forward to an expanded playoff.

Edited by Beast

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

FSU is a so-so team that plays in a secod rate (and I'm being generous) conference. Michigan's coach is a cheater and Washington is in a vastly overrated conference. How was Bo Nix in the SEC. I know.....he was all but chased out of it. In the PAC Whatever, he is mentioned for the Heismann. Please.

The best teams in college football are Georgia and Alabama and Texas. 

If Georgia wanted to be in, they should have won their conference. If Bama wanted to be in, they should’ve beat Texas.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Honestly if an undefeated team in a high end conference gets summarily eliminated for any of a long list of dubious excuses, why not simply eliminate any type of playoff at all and go back to the bowl system?  It’s a farce.  Why wouldn’t they just tell 95% of the teams in August……you’re eliminated?  Because they are.

The injury reasoning is stupid and borderline dangerous.  What happens if someone walks into Milroe’s dorm room this morning and goes all Tonya Harding?

Imagine if Bama got left out because Jalen Hurts got hurt, when they had Tua waiting in the wings?

It’s stupid. Undefeated conf champs go. Don’t care.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Beast said:

1-Michigan

2-Washington

3-Florida State

4-Alabama

I was pulling for Louisville. It sucks that we will see Florida State. Nothing against them but they have no shot with losing their QB.

The NFL should probably eliminate Cleveland from the playoff picture because their QB got hurt.

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Imagine if Bama got left out because Jalen Hurts got hurt, when they had Tua waiting in the wings?

It’s stupid. Undefeated conf champs go. Don’t care.

The committee would essentially be telling an individual player that he sucks and is the entire reason for his undefeated team’s elimination.  That’s quite a unique way to treat their student athletes.

18 minutes ago, Beast said:

1-Michigan

2-Washington

3-Florida State

4-Alabama

Texas curb stomped Bama at their house.  Nice reward.

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

IDK boss, I do not make the rules, nor am I on the selection committee. Your clapping back at the wrong person lol.  I am just stating the "Powers that be" put a tiny little wrinkle in the selection process that includes injuries to key players will be considered if needed. Would you say QB is not a key position? I'm just stating how I feel it will play out. Like I said, I like FSU, I have a rooting interest in FSU, I do not like Alabama and I would be happy if they were not in. 

13 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

IDK boss, I do not make the rules, nor am I on the selection committee. Your clapping back at the wrong person lol.  I am just stating the "Powers that be" put a tiny little wrinkle in the selection process that includes injuries to key players will be considered if needed. Would you say QB is not a key position? I'm just stating how I feel it will play out. Like I said, I like FSU, I have a rooting interest in FSU, I do not like Alabama and I would be happy if they were not in. 

Didn’t mean to “clap back”.  Sorry if it seemed that way.  I agree the committee has a wide variety of anti-logic at its disposal.

• Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The NFL should probably eliminate Cleveland from the playoff picture because their QB got hurt.

When the NFL starts selecting playoff teams, then yes they should.

Florida State would get stomped by any team in the top 10.

Edited by Beast
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.