Maybe its Time for Belichick and Brady

theRalph

Bills hire Bill Belichick as next head coach. Joe Brady remains OC. Beane picks the talent. This will draw ridicule.

But it's obvious Belichick needs a championship QB to win and Josh Allen needs a championship coach to win. Both are lost without the other.

Irony is so underrated.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 11
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 4

6 minutes ago, theRalph said:

Bills hire Bill Belichick as next head coach. Joe Brady remains OC. Beane picks the talent. This will draw ridicule.

But it's obvious Belichick needs a championship QB to win and Josh Allen needs a championship coach to win. Both are lost without the other.

Irony is so underrated.

Why not just sell it to team of Trump and T*m Br*dy

Enough for me to resign as Bills Backers group president and not watch NFL again except for highlights where zebras get run over.

image.png.a3d3d6b6c942f843966d73f4b1bec6ae.png

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, theRalph said:

Irony is so underrated.

This is some fun Bills fan fiction but it’s completely ridiculous for both parties.

If you are Bill Belichick and have had 100% roster control for two decades what is the motivation to give up that control?  Especially when there likely will be multiple opens job.

And if you are Buffalo why would you want to hire a 70 year-old coach who likely will only be around for a handful of years when you could look for long-term stability?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The only OC Bill would bring with him would be McDaniels.  At least Bill would find a way to stop an opposing offense in the 4th quarter. He wouldn't tolerate Beane and he'd make the picks which would be a disaster. 

If it somehow was a thing that happened then it would likely be because New England moved on from him, and he wants the Wins record and to solidify his legacy apart from Tom. In which case he wouldn't care about breaking up an offense that's working or maybe even taking over for a GM that's solid though he'd definitely have input.

Still gross as hell though.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Agree 3

Belichick is past his time. He has no idea how to coach this generation of players.

He was able to pull off his hardass "Patriot Way" because of old school Gen Xer Tom Brady. And they were able to keep that going for 20+ years.

The problem is he never had to adapt over the years. Not to new Millennial players. And by the time Tom left, the rookies coming in are all Gen Z.

He's two generations behind and these Zoomers could not be more outside his box.

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't think BB is going to coach any team after the Patriots. I think he will retire. 

I think both he and Pete Carroll call it quits at the conclusion of this season.

Between retirements and firings, almost half the league could be looking for new head coaches in 2024.  

3 hours ago, theRalph said:

Irony is so underrated.

Are you unaware of how the Patriots are doing? Crappy team, you say?  Guess who picked all the players?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, theRalph said:

Irony is so underrated.

Belichick will also want to be GM.

That's a big HELL NO from me.

Everyone thinks that Beane is an awful GM, look at what Belichick has done.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I don't think BB is going to coach any team after the Patriots. I think he will retire. 

I think both he and Pete Carroll call it quits at the conclusion of this season.

Between retirements and firings, almost half the league could be looking for new head coaches in 2024.  

Damn they will do commercials together probably for one the retirement reverse mortgage schemes which milk pensioners out of their homes.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

This is some fun Bills fan fiction but it’s completely ridiculous for both parties.

If you are Bill Belichick and have had 100% roster control for two decades what is the motivation to give up that control?  Especially when there likely will be multiple opens job.

And if you are Buffalo why would you want to hire a 70 year-old coach who likely will only be around for a handful of years when you could look for long-term stability?

This is going to be a long Bye week and a long week leading up to the Chiefs game on this board.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Belichick is past his time. He has no idea how to coach this generation of players.

He was able to pull off his hardass "Patriot Way" because of old school Gen Xer Tom Brady. And they were able to keep that going for 20+ years.

The problem is he never had to adapt over the years. Not to new Millennial players. And by the time Tom left, the rookies coming in are all Gen Z.

He's two generations behind and these Zoomers could not be more outside his box.

Seemed to do okay beating us earlier this year?  Excellent coach, horrible GM

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Are you unaware of how the Patriots are doing? Crappy team, you say?  Guess who picked all the players?

Did you read the post?? Belichick needs a championship QB to excel. I made no comment on the Patriots. That's why I said Beane picks the players. 

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Everyone thinks that Beane is an awful GM

Who is everyone? Beane is one of the good ones. And no, !@#$ Bill doesn't get to be GM.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.