What I do now If I am Pegula

Ray Stonada

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

My only decision is whether I'd wait until the off-season to make a change at HC. I think today would be better as it would give the team a chance to win this season, but McDermott has gotten rid of every coordinator with the experience to become interim HC. If I thought that Joe Brady was up to it I'd pull the trigger now, but I doubt that is the case. So it is likely I'd have to wait until the offseason to find my new HC. I'd let him decide what to do at GM.

Interesting options by the OP but I'm only bringing Beane into my office.  I've seen enough mistakes by McD to realize he's never changing or self correcting.  If we lose to KC next week, the season will be over. I immediately fire McD and put Brady as interim HC.  Babich as DC.  Then tell Beane to prepare me a list of the top 3 available offensive coaches. 

Ben Johnson, Slowick,  Brian Johnson or even Harbaugh.  Consider them all as best for Josh.  I'm no longer putting the defense first.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Interesting options by the OP but I'm only bringing Beane into my office.  I've seen enough mistakes by McD to realize he's never changing or self correcting.  If we lose to KC next week, the season will be over. I immediately fire McD and put Brady as interim HC.  Babich as DC.  Then tell Beane to prepare me a list of the top 3 available offensive coaches. 

Ben Johnson, Slowick,  Brian Johnson or even Harbaugh.  Consider them all as best for Josh.  I'm no longer putting the defense first.

This makes sense. And, if we lose to KC but then win out, we still have a roughly 50% chance of making the playoffs under Brady.

Also that gives you four games to see how Brady does bringing home close games. 

Kinda crazy to think McDermott might be done after our next game or two... I do think it is possible.

1 minute ago, Ray Stonada said:

This makes sense. And, if we lose to KC but then win out, we still have a roughly 50% chance of making the playoffs under Brady.

Also that gives you four games to see how Brady does bringing home close games. 

Kinda crazy to think McDermott might be done after our next game or two... I do think it is possible.

I would be shocked if that happened. I think he gets the entire season no matter what. If they were going to make the change in season, then right now is the time to do it with it being the bye week.

Just now, Gregg said:

I would be shocked if that happened. I think he gets the entire season no matter what. If they were going to make the change in season, then right now is the time to do it with it being the bye week.

But right now we still have a chance to right the ship, win out and make the dance.

If we lose the next one our chances are way down, and if we lose two we're out.

Anyway, I think it's possible but yes, agree there is a low chance of McD getting canned during the season. But it's not zero.

Have to admit, I just saw this post on @Italian Bills thread:

I'd like to know Andy Reid and Sean McVay's record in these.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

In fairness to the fans McDermott has been here 7 years. This team has gotten worse since 13 seconds. The frustrating losses are becoming more frequent. At some point the Bills have to move from McDermott if he can't deliver. The Eagles eventually moved on from Reid. It feels like the time is coming for the Bills to do the same.

can't deliver what?   the team has won 2+ out of every 3 games over six years, not sure what you want from the McBeanes.  SB is a crapshoot single elimination tournament geared for max media ad $$.   Not exactly a complete reflection of accomplishment, just ID's the best, healthiest and sometimes luckiest team left standing after a 4 month war of attrition. 

The Bills played a top 5 team in their house, in the worst possible fan / weather conditions and basically had them beat, save for a few plays that could have gone either way.  We crush them playing that way at the Ralph.   That performance is bc of McBeanes ability to consistently field a highly competitive roster and execute under extreme conditions.  good enough for me.  the wins will come if they keep doing what they did on Sunday

With Chargers/Phins on warm, fast tracks, Cowboys at home in the cold/snow , Pats in full retreat, and two weeks to prep/heal for KC,  decent chance they run the table from here on out , Then you'll all want him for coach of the year 6 -7weeks from now.   

Fans are subject to frequent bouts of insanity.   I guess that's why they are called "fanatics" .  And they all show up here.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

# 1 was pushing the Bills to trade down and give KC Mahomes so he can draft Trae White. LMAO

The injuries have derailed his career, but White has been a very good player for the Bills. I am not sure Mahomes does better with the Bills than Allen has. Mahomes has Andy Reid, Tyreek Hill (for a few years), Kelce and a much better OL than Josh has had here. Also, the Chiefs defense has managed to make stops in big moments when they had to. The Bills not so much. If they switched teams Allen has two rings and Mahomes has none.

27 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

can't deliver what?   the team has won 2+ out of every 3 games over six years, not sure what you want from the McBeanes.  SB is a crapshoot single elimination tournament geared for max media ad $$.   Not exactly a complete reflection of accomplishment, just ID's the best, healthiest and sometimes luckiest team left standing after a 4 month war of attrition. 

The Bills played a top 5 team in their house, in the worst possible fan / weather conditions and basically had them beat, save for a few plays that could have gone either way.  We crush them playing that way at the Ralph.   That performance is bc of McBeanes ability to consistently field a highly competitive roster and execute under extreme conditions.  good enough for me.  the wins will come if they keep doing what they did on Sunday

With Chargers/Phins on warm, fast tracks, Cowboys at home in the cold/snow , Pats in full retreat, and two weeks to prep/heal for KC,  decent chance they run the table from here on out , Then you'll all want him for coach of the year 6 -7weeks from now.   

Fans are subject to frequent bouts of insanity.   I guess that's why they are called "fanatics" .  And they all show up here.   

How did the Bills do at a Jets side led by Zach Wilson? The Pats with Mac Jones under centre? The Broncos at home? Or the Giants for that matter?

OK, so they played well against the Dolphins and the Eagles. But there has been far more bad and good this season - particularly when relying on the defense to hold on to a lead in the final two minutes.

13 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The injuries have derailed his career, but White has been a very good player for the Bills. I am not sure Mahomes does better with the Bills than Allen has. Mahomes has Andy Reid, Tyreek Hill (for a few years), Kelce and a much better OL than Josh has had here. Also, the Chiefs defense has managed to make stops in big moments when they had to. The Bills not so much. If they switched teams Allen has two rings and Mahomes has none.

I agree that Mahomes may have the same career in Buffalo if everything is changed, but still, trading the spot for a badly needed QB to then go select a very good (not great) CB is just not how teams win. It showed McDickhead’s misunderstanding of the current NFL from day one. No matter how great Tre White would’ve been (yep, using the past tense, dude’s career is over), he was never gonna truly move the needle. Did Darrell Revis with the NYJ? Did Stephon Gilmore (nope, not until paired with an elite QB on the other side of the ball)? At the least we could’ve looked for an offensive weapon, but nope. We ended up with Tre White, a man who hasn’t played meaningful football in TWO years! And yes I know the ghost of Tre played last year and he also had to played long enough this year to give up another highlight catch. Good job McCocksucker!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SDS said:

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

What? That's kind of a lame analysis. Don't let the title of moderator go to your head.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.