Do you wonder if the league is fixed?

The Red King

I am quitting a rather long hour, high stress job.   I had no idea I could profit in terms of clicks, market share, and ad revenue by writing and producing material that appeals to the paranoid.   Paranoia, I thought, was a narrow niche disease afflicting a tiny segment of society.

And so, I’m off.  DM if you’re interested in anti - Big Foot weaponry or want to know the Super Bowl winner.  I’ll be announcing it in a video after the Super Bowl’s played, not before, to “demonstrate” how the fix was in.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Old Coot said:

Those with paranoia should move to NYC so their fears will be justified.

Who's paranoid? The hard cold truth that most fans can't seem to grasp is the nfl is in business tomake money. What super bowl will make the nfl more money Buf vs Det or KC vs SF. he people who can't seem to understand that this is strictly sports entertainment must have never ran a business. 

That's why I don't get upset anymore. i know the outcomes are predetermined so why get mad? Someday soon I know I'll eventually get tired of being lied to and just stop watching. 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Neo said:

I am quitting a rather long hour, high stress job.   I had no idea I could profit in terms of clicks, market share, and ad revenue by writing and producing material that appeals to the paranoid.   Paranoia, I thought, was a narrow niche disease afflicting a tiny segment of society.

And so, I’m off.  DM if you’re interested in anti - Big Foot weaponry or want to know the Super Bowl winner.  I’ll be announcing it in a video after the Super Bowl’s played, not before, to “demonstrate” how the fix was in.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Westside said:

Of course it’s rigged. Who the hell outside of buffalo and detriot would watch that superbowl? You got the shiftiest and the niners. Which game will draw the biggest audience?

At the end of the day the nfl is in business to make money. It’s 
 called entertainment for a reason, just like fake wrestling. 

that's not how it works.  No matter how many people tune in for the SB (or don't), it has no immediate impact on revenue for the NFL--that game was paid for by CBS a while ago. 

Also, the matchups hardly matter:

Tampa (small market in a college football state) vs KC (tiny market other than hate watchers nationally) had over 100 million total viewers.

NE vs Atlanta (zero national fanbase, mediocre local fanbase) had the most ever--126 million. 

In fact nearly every other game got at least 110 million.  It doesn't matter. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

I have a friend that is cowboys fan. He said that if the NFL was really fixed it would have the Cowboys in the super bowl more. I told him the NFL does not need the Cowboys to have more exposure. They are already the most popular team in the NFL, but they do want the Chiefs and Taylor Swift in the Super Bowl because it brings in a demographic they don't normally get, young girls. I'm not sure what benefit the 49ers give the NFL, but I'm sure they are glad the lions didn't make it.

• Agree 1

Id say Purdy winning it or maybe Mahomes having a fake injury at superbowl brings in talk of putting flags on the qbs .. then who knows maybe Brady will come back.  Roger's for sure.

I know one thing. I wouldnt bet the Chiefs with someone elses money or a freeroll

11 hours ago, Westside said:

Of course it’s rigged. Who the hell outside of buffalo and detriot would watch that superbowl? You got the shiftiest and the niners. Which game will draw the biggest audience?

At the end of the day the nfl is in business to make money. It’s 
 called entertainment for a reason, just like fake wrestling. 

premise correct, reasoning wrong. 
You have a GLOBAL billionaire singer they can show repeatedly to an audience they don't normally reach. The NFL gets paid for EYEBALLS on advertisments. its come out shes been responsible for around 331m worth of viewers just this year alone. Anyone who thinks an "entertainment" league CANT determine outcomes of games especially when they have global asipirations ala the NBA, is fooling themselves. Piss on markets like buffalo, will always get the shaft. no matter whos the qb, coach, wr, rb, whatever.... its clearly evident as, well, the results have not changed but the names and faces have. Buffalo is still being punished for 4 straight. imagine how badly that chewed into revenues? if it wasnt dallas, or NY markets on the other sideline..... woof. 

49 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

that's not how it works.  No matter how many people tune in for the SB (or don't), it has no immediate impact on revenue for the NFL--that game was paid for by CBS a while ago. 

Tampa (small market in a college football state) vs KC (tiny market other than hate watchers nationally) had over 100 million total viewers.

NE vs Atlanta (zero national fanbase, mediocre local fanbase) had the most ever--126 million. 

matters when the global pop icon can push that 100m viewers to 160m. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't dispute any of the above. I will however add that Taylor Swift will attract a different audience imo. I think that teenage and early twenties girls will watch this game just to catch a glimpse of their idol and advertisers will pay more and take advantage of this. Between her plus Kelce pimping for Pfizer, there really are untold millions to be made and I'm positive that the advertisers and the NFL are cheering. 

Now, does this mean that the fixes were in?  No it does not, but it can easily give one reason to raise an eyebrow.

Of course, jmo.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I don't dispute any of the above. I will however add that Taylor Swift will attract a different audience imo. I think that teenage and early twenties girls will watch this game just to catch a glimpse of their idol and advertisers will pay more and take advantage of this. Between her plus Kelce pimping for Pfizer, there really are untold millions to be made and I'm positive that the advertisers and the NFL are cheering. 

Now, does this mean that the fixes were in?  No it does not, but it can easily give one reason to raise an eyebrow.

Of course, jmo.

Do I irrefutable proof it's fixed? No, but there seems to be plenty of circumstantial evidence to prove otherwise. Up until 2015, the league was an unincorporated nonprofit 501(c)(6) association. Do you think back in 2015 and before, they were a nonprofit organization? 

2 hours ago, Westside said:

Who's paranoid? The hard cold truth that most fans can't seem to grasp is the nfl is in business tomake money. What super bowl will make the nfl more money Buf vs Det or KC vs SF. he people who can't seem to understand that this is strictly sports entertainment must have never ran a business. 

That's why I don't get upset anymore. i know the outcomes are predetermined so why get mad? Someday soon I know I'll eventually get tired of being lied to and just stop watching. 

I can't believe you still DO watch, if you truly believe what you are writing about it all being purely fixed.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

I can't believe you still DO watch, if you truly believe what you are writing about it all being purely fixed.

I can't either. It's something to do on sundays in the winter. But I'm losing interest very quickly. The draft is more fun to me than bills games.

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I mean I feel the same way about people who can't stand McD or think every year without winning a SB is an utter failure.  It's not much different. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If you’ve ever played football or coached football you know it’s impossible to script.

All you need is one ref. I don't think for one minute the coaches would be involved. Most of them are just happy to still be in the league. 

20 minutes ago, Westside said:

All you need is one ref. I don't think for one minute the coaches would be involved. Most of them are just happy to still be in the league. 

The title asks if the league is fixed. No, there is no script for how the season will play out because…….ya know. But, college basketball games and Tim Donaghy in the NBA remind us that anything is possible in a single situation.

Having said that, I worry about incompetence FAR more than corruption. 

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

So Terry Pegula is now rigging the game?

What? No, It's a money driven business. When you have the nfl and vegas partnering up, something is a little fishy. Pegula and the other 31 owners care about the billions they raking in rather than a cheesy looking trophy. 

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Who’s benefiting? No one ever answers that question.

I apologize if I came in late and missed something, but gambling would be my first response. You don’t even have to decide the winner, maybe just be sure the spread isn’t covered. There’s a LOT of money involved as the NFL embraces gambling sites while crushing players for using them. 

I don’t see a league conspiracy, but I’ll never bet that human greed will not surprise. 

4 minutes ago, Westside said:

What? No, It's a money driven business. When you have the nfl and vegas partnering up, something is a little fishy. Pegula and the other 31 owners care about the billions they raking in rather than a cheesy looking trophy. 

They don’t need to rig anything. It’s the perfect machine. NFL is just a great sport for gambling. I’ll give you the rogue ref or player but not on a large scale.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I apologize if I came in late and missed something, but gambling would be my first response. You don’t even have to decide the winner, maybe just be sure the spread isn’t covered. There’s a LOT of money involved as the NFL embraces gambling sites while crushing players for using them. 

I don’t see a league conspiracy, but I’ll never bet that human greed will not surprise. 

A lot of money going every single way you can think. It’s impossible to rig on a large scale. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Westside said:

I don't think that part is fishy at all. The NFL was founded by these types and without gambling it probably wouldn't exist, or at least to the extent it does. People wonder how an athlete can have such a big contract.  Simply cause they're worth it. The official betting partner of the NFL is only alarm to those looking to point 👉, or make sense of it all to themselves.  Teams playing in a legalized state get a share. So yeah its always going to be the "partner".  KC nor SF get that cut.

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They don’t need to rig anything. It’s the perfect machine. NFL is just a great sport for gambling. I’ll give you the rogue ref or player but not on a large scale.

A lot of money going every single way you can think. It’s impossible to rig on a large scale. 

I'm not talking large scale. But a call here or there, or a call not called at a crucial time just so happens to get the teams the nfl wants to play in the super bowl. I honestly believe the nfl would never allow a lions vs bills super bowl. There is way to much money involved to think it can never happen. 

13 minutes ago, Westside said:

I'm not talking large scale. But a call here or there, or a call not called at a crucial time just so happens to get the teams the nfl wants to play in the super bowl. I honestly believe the nfl would never allow a lions vs bills super bowl. There is way to much money involved to think it can never happen. 

Man, a lot of people make a lot of money off of people that think everything is a conspiracy or rigged. Now that’s large scale scamming.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, DeltaDigital said:

premise correct, reasoning wrong. 
You have a GLOBAL billionaire singer they can show repeatedly to an audience they don't normally reach. The NFL gets paid for EYEBALLS on advertisments. its come out shes been responsible for around 331m worth of viewers just this year alone. Anyone who thinks an "entertainment" league CANT determine outcomes of games especially when they have global asipirations ala the NBA, is fooling themselves. Piss on markets like buffalo, will always get the shaft. no matter whos the qb, coach, wr, rb, whatever.... its clearly evident as, well, the results have not changed but the names and faces have. Buffalo is still being punished for 4 straight. imagine how badly that chewed into revenues? if it wasnt dallas, or NY markets on the other sideline..... woof. 

matters when the global pop icon can push that 100m viewers to 160m. 

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Of course, jmo.

You both seem to think that the NFL gets more money based on how many people will be watching this particular SB---or that they get money from"advertisements".  Neither is correct. 

CBS (along with Fox, ABC/ESPN, Amazon and NBC) just purchased the rights to b broadcast NFL games in 2021--these contracts are locked in until 2033.  CBS's contract is for 2.1 billion per year and includes 3 Super Bowls (2023, 2027 and 2031).  If ever Taylor Swift on earth tunes in----in fact  if 7 billion people watch this year's SB, the NFL won't make an extra penny because  it's already bought and paid for by CBS.

Obviously CBS makes that back by selling the ads for the game.  Those ads are bought by companies with goods and services to sell.  Theoretically, the Taylor Swift might have the potential for CBS to sell the ads for more and enhance THEIR bottom line (not the NFL's)....but CBS sold out its SB ads by Halloween--likely before the impact of this couple peaked.

None it will make a difference for the NFL's bottom line. 

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Man, a lot of people make a lot of money off of people that think everything is a conspiracy or rigged.

Once again, I don't think everything is a conspiracy, I never said that. You did. You are welcome to your opinion and I respect that as long as you respect mine.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

You both seem to think that the NFL gets more money based on how many people will be watching this particular SB---or that they get money from"advertisements".  Neither is correct. 

CBS (along with Fox, ABC/ESPN, Amazon and NBC) just purchased the rights to b broadcast NFL games in 2021--these contracts are locked in until 2033.  CBS's contract is for 2.1 billion per year and includes 3 Super Bowls (2023, 2027 and 2031).  If ever Taylor Swift on earth tunes in----in fact  if 7 billion people watch this year's SB, the NFL won't make an extra penny because  it's already bought and paid for by CBS.

Obviously CBS makes that back by selling the ads for the game.  Those ads are bought by companies with goods and services to sell.  Theoretically, the Taylor Swift might have the potential for CBS to sell the ads for more and enhance THEIR bottom line (not the NFL's)....but CBS sold out its SB ads by Halloween--likely before the impact of this couple peaked.

None it will make a difference for the NFL's bottom line. 

How do you think negotiations are done? If they get 200 million viewers because of the swifties, that's money in the bank for the owners and they can demand a kings ransom for that viewership. 

3 hours ago, Westside said:

MLB is also a business.  2016 cubs vs Indians (still named such) had fantastic viewer numbers and ratings.  Bills lions would a very, very similar comparison.

I predict that the sun will shine in Buffalo's back yard in their first season in the new stadium. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, sleeby said:

MLB is also a business.  2016 cubs vs Indians (still named such) had fantastic viewer numbers and ratings.  Bills lions would a very, very similar comparison.

The Cubs have a huge following. I'm not saying that MLB is fixed. Never said that. I'm just talking the nfl.

1 minute ago, Westside said:

The Cubs have a huge following. I'm not saying that MLB is fixed. Never said that. I'm just talking the nfl.

I'm not saying mlb is fixed either.  Just pointing that your thinking that NFL would get bad viewership due to two teams who never win it all is faulty.

Just now, sleeby said:

I'm not saying mlb is fixed either.  Just pointing that your thinking that NFL would get bad viewership due to two teams who never win it all is faulty.

I respectfully disagree. If you were Goodell, who would you rather have in the super bowl between the final four teams?

7 minutes ago, Westside said:

Once again, I don't think everything is a conspiracy, I never said that. You did. You are welcome to your opinion and I respect that as long as you respect mine.

How do you think negotiations are done? If they get 200 million viewers because of the swifties, that's money in the bank for the owners and they can demand a kings ransom for that viewership. 

they were done in 2021----unless you are imagining that this Taylor Swift--Kelce frenzy will still be white hot when these contracts are negotiated again 10 years from now? 

200 million viewers as a one time SB bump does nothing for the owners or the networks.  It's all been paid for up front. Not sure what you are talking about...

2 minutes ago, Westside said:

I respectfully disagree. If you were Goodell, who would you rather have in the super bowl between the final four teams?

Its interesting.  I would watch if it was the Browns and the Vikings but they probably aren't interested in guys like me.

2 minutes ago, Westside said:

So lets say the league wanted the Bills in the Super Bowl. On our last drive Allen fumbled. We recovered and went onto to miss the field goal. What if we didn't recover the fumble? Are you saying when the league wants a team to win it would never get close enough where at the end something like I described could determine the outcome? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.