Poor man's Dick Jauron who lucked into the most physically gifted QB ever

Not Applicable

Let's be honest...that's what McDermott is.

All the coaches we've criticized never had the talent McDermott has.

Put Allen on the Mike Mularkey 2004 Bills - that team possibly wins the Super Bowl. Put Allen on any Jauron teams that went 7-9 every year with Losman/Edwards - those teams make the playoffs annually. Doug Marrone's 2014 Bills that went 9-7 with a lights-out defense and Kyle Orton - that team goes deep into the playoffs. Rex Ryan took Mark Freaking Sanchez to the AFC Championship twice. What does he do with Allen?

Why does this guy continue to get credit for turning the team around when it's clearly a case of him simply getting a HOF QB by chance? How many games does his defense have to blow? How many more stupid timeouts? How many more?

• Like (+1) 23
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 8
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 11
  • Dislike 2

9 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

Put Allen on the Mike Mularkey 2004 Bills - that team possibly wins the Super Bowl. Put Allen on any Jauron teams that went 7-9 every year with Losman/Edwards - those teams make the playoffs annually. Doug Marrone's 2014 Bills that went 9-7 with a lights-out defense and Kyle Orton - that team goes deep into the playoffs. Rex Ryan took Mark Freaking Sanchez to the AFC Championship twice. What does he do with Allen?

Why does this guy continue to get credit for turning the team around when it's clearly a case of him simply getting a HOF QB by chance? How many games does his defense have to blow? How many more stupid timeouts? How many more?

I've been saying this for 3 years and have been suspended here twice for voicing my opinion on this bumbling moron of a coach....the biggest issue with the Bills is and always has been McDermott 

• Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

90% of what this team has accomplished is because of Josh Allen.  Not because we have some great HC.  McD manages to screw things up 10x more than he makes them better.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

There's no way to know, but what would Jauron's record be with this roster?

He went 7-9 practically every year with zero QB and a pretty pitiful roster.

My guess? He would do a little worse than McDermott, maybe 10-11 wins each year but not much different.

If that sounds crazy just imagine Josh Allen over Losman or trent equals 3 wins a season. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would flip it. Jauron was a poor man's McDermott. I think young people are misremembering what Jauron was actually like.

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

My guess? He would do a little worse than McDermott, maybe 10-11 wins each year but not much different.

If that sounds crazy just imagine Josh Allen over Losman or trent equals 3 wins a season. 

Yes, I think still a little worse. He may have actually ruined Allen. We don't know.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

His GM masterfully pulled a "Draft Day" to get Josh Allen. The QB 90% of Bills fans called "the wrong Josh."😂  

Even a trash can gets a steak every now and then....are we supposed to ignore all the other bad decisions by him bc he lucked into josh allen?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I would flip it. Jauron was a poor man's McDermott. I think young people are misremembering what Jauron was actually like.

Yes, I think still a little worse. He may have actually ruined Allen. We don't know.

Hard to say jauron was a poor man's McDermott when he didn't even have a homeless man's Josh allen lol

11 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

McDermott isn't gonna get to 10 wins this season....hard not to make ten wins with a Qb like josh allen

On 11/26/2023 at 10:42 PM, Patrick Fitzryan said:

This is so patently obvious to anyone who doesn't have blinders on. People make it look like McDermott inherited an expansion team.

They were 7-9 the year before he took over. He won a couple more games than Rex with a creampuff schedule and that team was actually worse than the team before it by many metrics. They proceeded to blow up the roster and rebuild and then lucked into a dynamo at QB. 

McDermott would be back in Carolina coaching defensive backs if it wasn't for Allen.

Edited by QB Bills
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

This post could almost infringe on Beane because to your point, the thought of some of those drought era teams with Josh is a bit scary. I think we probably had more talent on several of those teams. I wish I could see Allen throw to a Lee Evan’s type once in my life.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is McDermott’s team. I’ve always maintained that. McDermott has the same power as Andy Reid. That’s been reported.

Yes it is. So now what? Did McDermott build this team? Did Beane? It's a good team but poorly coached in-game. Does this mean you can't keep Beane without McDermott?

• Like (+1) 1

….Maybe, just maybe when you consistently miss on early round players like Basham, Elam, Epenesa, and destroy the cap by signing aging vets like Miller, Tre and Poyer, this is what happens.

‘McDermott holds a lot of res, but Beane is no GM god.

Edited by Brian Higgins hair
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.