Around the NFL, Week 12 of 18

Ridgewaycynic2013

Current teams ahead of us for a wild card

Steelers

Browns

Texans

Rooting interests for today

1. Cincy over Steelers

I say this because although, the Bengals currently hold the tie breaker over the Bills, without Burrow, their season is essentially over and the rest of the way, I really only see another 2 or 3 wins from them tops. Giving the Steelers another loss here would be a little more important in my opinion 

2. Broncos over Browns

Again, same scenario. The Broncos have the head to head on us but the Browns are 7-3. Another win from them basically gives them a chance to run away with one of those wild card spots. The Broncos are in better shape than the Bengals the rest of the way but I still don't think they get there and won't really be a team to worry about. As long as we keep winning and stay ahead, that's all that matters. Plus the Broncos have some games they could lose along the way. A loss for the Browns here is better 

3. Jaguars over Texans

The Texans have a very easy schedule the rest of the way. Any loss they can get is good for our playoff chances. Root for the Jaguars today

And obviously 

We need our Bills to win. This game is huge. The team knows it, we need it. Let's go get it. 

Lets Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’d also like to see Chargers beat the Ravens, and Raiders beat the Chiefs.  I know both would be upsets, but would further tighten things up in the AFC.  We already have the head-to-head over Raiders, and I’m assuming we will need to beat the Chargers too.

At least Jags over Houston would make my day, aside from a Bills win.

Edited by strive_for_five_guy

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I find Glazer to be one of the better "insiders" out there. He doesn't rush to report to be the first to break things and when he does say something it's typically spot on.

That said, if true maybe it points to Daboll being more of an issue behind the scenes than most would want to admit. You could tangibly feel the dislike between he and McD after the Giants game. And now this? Some people are just not easy to get along with.

• Agree 3

28 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I find Glazer to be one of the better "insiders" out there. He doesn't rush to report to be the first to break things and when he does say something it's typically spot on.

That said, if true maybe it points to Daboll being more of an issue behind the scenes than most would want to admit. You could tangibly feel the dislike between he and McD after the Giants game. And now this? Some people are just not easy to get along with.

DABOLL IN THE BOOTH!

DABOLL IN THE BOOTH!

DABOLL IN THE BOOTH!

EDIT:  Reading through the Gang Green message board, came upon a suggestion to get Rex Ryan and a few OLs, and a Lombardi is all but guaranteed. 🤔🙄

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Current teams ahead of us for a wild card

Steelers

Browns

Texans

Rooting interests for today

1. Cincy over Steelers

I say this because although, the Bengals currently hold the tie breaker over the Bills, without Burrow, their season is essentially over and the rest of the way, I really only see another 2 or 3 wins from them tops. Giving the Steelers another loss here would be a little more important in my opinion 

2. Broncos over Browns

Again, same scenario. The Broncos have the head to head on us but the Browns are 7-3. Another win from them basically gives them a chance to run away with one of those wild card spots. The Broncos are in better shape than the Bengals the rest of the way but I still don't think they get there and won't really be a team to worry about. As long as we keep winning and stay ahead, that's all that matters. Plus the Broncos have some games they could lose along the way. A loss for the Browns here is better 

3. Jaguars over Texans

The Texans have a very easy schedule the rest of the way. Any loss they can get is good for our playoff chances. Root for the Jaguars today

And obviously 

We need our Bills to win. This game is huge. The team knows it, we need it. Let's go get it. 

Lets Go Bills!!!

You are probably right overall but Broncos over Browns is not the same scenario as Bengals over Steelers. The latter we clearly want Bengals to win, but Broncos/Browns is much more complicated and who knows what is actually better. It is much closer than Bengals. But still, I agree that right now we want Broncos to win.

Lots of important games today.

Edited by No_Matter_What

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

You are probably right overall but Broncos over Browns is not the same scenario as Bengals over Steelers. The latter we clearly want Bengals to win, but Broncos/Browns is much more complicated and who knows what is actually better. It is much closer than Bengals. But still, I agree that right now we want Broncos to win.

Lots of important games today.

If the Browns win today, they are one step closer to locking up a wild card spot. To me a loss from them is bigger today. The Broncos I'm not all that worried about

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Tomlin is so conservative. Another 4th and short punt from the bengals 42

That’s one thing I dislike too. Way too conservative in some games. I get it, play field position and trust your defense more than the offense but with the Steelers as of late, they’re rarely in oppositional territory. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Baker Mayfield injured on a Tush Push.

Down/distance implied a sneak and was just going to ask if that's what it was.

Thank you.

That should get the debate ramped up a little.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

Perhaps the Bengals offense was too dependent on one player? Just something that I have heard a lot about a certain NFL team but never about other ones.

Burrow, like all top QBs, is a rare gem that is the reason you end up winning more than losing. Rough start for Joe and the Bengals on that massive contract. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.