Week 12: Buffalo Bills vs Philadelphia Eagles

BuffaloBillyG

14 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

We faced Swift last year and didn’t have too much trouble with him.

We also have a good record of containing top WRs, excluding Justin Jefferson. 

Douglas and Benford are the right kind of larger, disciplined and more physical type DB's to match up well against Brown.   I like that matchup.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Blank Stare said:

Oh I totally figure I’ll be in the minority on this. I don’t love McD’s coaching and depth chart management, but he’s way more of a respectable man than the man-child Sirianni is. I know wins are all that really matters in this thing, but I just can’t stand Sirianni. 

• Haha (+1) 6

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

LOL, feel better now?   Out of curiosity, what's the answer to him, suggesting, pretty much insisting, that those types of plays occur on a regular basis?  

You tell me.  LOL 

And seriously, without those, how was it a prolific offensive performance?  

Either those types of plays that handed us 17 points are common and can be game-planned, or they cannot.  Which is it in your view?  

So you too then are implying that we can count on deep passing TDs once a game, and STs/D setting us up for 10 points per game, all for 17 points total?  

Instead of ad hominem, how about actually contributing to the substance of the discussion?   

If you simply want to vent your emotions, say so.  

Come on bro. You been pretty aggressive in this thread.  You know there is more than one way to win a game and every game is different.  Like, I don't like our chances all that much but if our team shows up and plays how they can play, they can win this game.  It's just their execution has been piss poor most of the year.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Come on bro. You been pretty aggressive in this thread.  You know there is more than one way to win a game and every game is different.  Like, I don't like our chances all that much but if our team shows up and plays how they can play, they can win this game.  It's just their execution has been piss poor most of the year.

It's a troll. Don't waste your time. I'd say an 11 year old girl from Sri Lanka at best is who u are dealing with.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Then there's that.  But how do we know that the script doesn't favor us, or the Eagles losing?  I guess we'll find out.  LOL  

Still, they've averaged 32 PPG at home, and against a few great defenses too.  Ours is overrated.  

Dallas was their worst game several weeks ago, and they still put up 28 points against their fairly consistent D.  

The Over is 48.5 which appears to be a gimme.  

Pats - 25

Bucs - 25

Rams -23

Jets - 14

Chiefs - 21

Thats half their games.  They play the games for a reason man.  You can't stat simulate this.  Did anyone expect their sole loss so far would be to a Zach Wilson lead Jets?  Stuff happens.

Edited by Scott7975

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Come on bro. You been pretty aggressive in this thread.  You know there is more than one way to win a game and every game is different. 

That's the entire point.  

But putting up the Jets game as "we're back" under Brady is taking some serious liberties.  That's all that was said.  I have no idea why you and others are taking issue with it.  

Again, getting set-up twice by STs & D and having the longest pass play of the season is hardly any indication that offensively this team is retracked.  

Would love for it to be, but that's hardly an indication that it is.  

Once again, live by big-plays, die by big-plays, and we do.  

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Like, I don't like our chances all that much but if our team shows up and plays how they can play, they can win this game.  It's just their execution has been piss poor most of the year.

It has been piss poor most of the year.   And it was better in the Jets game, but nowhere near "the offense put up 32 via conventional means" good either.  

I have no idea which team is going to show up on Sunday.   Only a fool would bet on that, and an even bigger fool would bet that we win that one.  

Hoping is one thing.  I can hope the rest of my hair out but it doesn't matter what I or anyone else hopes for.  We're either talking about realities or we're not.  

It seems that a word of caution as to our good but far from great offensive performance in the Jets game would be wise.  

Think differently, great.  But it can't come down to laugh and eye-rolling emojis.  There's been little substance arguing the opposite other than simply "32 points."  

Honestly, why is anyone taking issue with that?   

Let's put it another way, suppose we go to Philly and all we do is what we did w/o those D/STs set-ups and a long pass, none of which are odds-on to occur.  Anyone thinking differently should go look at the prop bets.  Anyway, if all we do is what we did otherwise, IMO we're in trouble and will be lucky to hit 21.  

And who knows, maybe Philly will turn the ball over more than twice, like the only time that they did six weeks ago.  Heck, maybe they'll turn it over 6 times.  I don't have a crystal ball.  But if they don't, and if we don't get another deep pass for a GD, and only play as well as we played offensively vs. the Jets without getting handed a FG already within FG range, and field position a few yards shy of their red zone for one of the other two TDs our offense got, I'd suggest that we're in trouble.  

But to agree with you, yes, our execution has been piss poor, but not all of that has been on the offense either.  Much of it befalls McD, who at last check is still our HC.  

Why is it so much of a reach for people to see that we got a ton of breaks in the Jets game that don't happen very often for any team, not just ours.  I don't get it.  

That's all I've been discussing.  Aggressive or not,and I don't mean it to be, I respond to comments made to me out of courtesy.  I have zero control if people comment midstream without looking at the basis for the discussion, nor do I have any control over whether or not they go off emotionally or rationally contribute something besides superficial semi-mindless narrative.  That's on them one way or another.  

BTW, if Brown doesn't start, I like our chances a lot.  If he does, not so much.  

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Pats - 25

Bucs - 25

Rams -23

Jets - 14

Chiefs - 21

Thats half their games.  They play the games for a reason man.  You can't stat simulate this.  Did anyone expect their sole loss so far would be to a Zach Wilson lead Jets?  Stuff happens.

That's why I've been quoting their HOME games.  

Dallas 28 

Miami 31 

Washington 34 

Minnesota 34  

The last time I looked we weren't playing them in NE, Tampa, LA, New Jersey, KC, or Buffalo.  We're set to play them in Philly.  

If you think that good comps are ROAD games, great.  Not seeing it, but to each his own.  I'm not going to hammer you and aggressively try to beat you down.  

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Pats - 25

Bucs - 25

Rams -23

Jets - 14

Chiefs - 21

Dallas 28 

Miami 31 

Washington 34 

Minnesota 34  

The last time I looked we weren't playing them in NE, Tampa, LA, New Jersey, KC, or Buffalo.  We're set to play them in Philly.  

If you think that good comps are ROAD games, great.  Not seeing it, but to each his own.  I'm not going to hammer you and aggressively try to beat you down.  

If we do lose because we can't score more than the low 20s, I'll be curious as to what everyone says about Brady's offense.  It'll be quite interesting on the heels of last week's game to be sure.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

That's the entire point.  

But putting up the Jets game as "we're back" under Brady is taking some serious liberties.  That's all that was said.  I have no idea why you and others are taking issue with it.  

Again, getting set-up twice by STs & D and having the longest pass play of the season is hardly any indication that offensively this team is retracked.  

Would love for it to be, but that's hardly an indication that it is.  

Once again, live by big-plays, die by big-plays, and we do.  

I'm not saying we are back but sometimes it just takes a spark and we had some sparks.  Now lets see if it continues.  Every other top team has gotten that benefit and yes we have been a top team for a few years.

Yes, it's a team sport.  They got set up by some stuff.  Thats what happens in a football game.

It's an indication that they can do it.  Not an indication yet that they will be consistent in doing it.

This isn't living and dying by the big play

pass-chart_ALL529264_2023-REG-11_1700441

Thats just the passing.  We also ran the ball 36 times but I'm not pulling charts of all the runs too.

9 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

It has been piss poor most of the year.   And it was better in the Jets game, but nowhere near "the offense put up 32 via conventional means" good either.  

I have no idea which team is going to show up on Sunday.   Only a fool would bet on that, and an even bigger fool would bet that we win that one.  

Hoping is one thing.  I can hope the rest of my hair out but it doesn't matter what I or anyone else hopes for.  We're either talking about realities or we're not.  

It seems that a word of caution as to our good but far from great offensive performance in the Jets game would be wise.  

Think differently, great.  But it can't come down to laugh and eye-rolling emojis.  There's been little substance arguing the opposite other than simply "32 points."  

Honestly, why is anyone taking issue with that?   

Let's put it another way, suppose we go to Philly and all we do is what we did w/o those D/STs set-ups and a long pass, none of which are odds-on to occur.  Anyone thinking differently should go look at the prop bets.  Anyway, if all we do is what we did otherwise, IMO we're in trouble and will be lucky to hit 21.  

And who knows, maybe Philly will turn the ball over more than twice, like the only time that they did six weeks ago.  Heck, maybe they'll turn it over 6 times.  I don't have a crystal ball.  But if they don't, and if we don't get another deep pass for a GD, and only play as well as we played offensively vs. the Jets without getting handed a FG already within FG range, and field position a few yards shy of their red zone for one of the other two TDs our offense got, I'd suggest that we're in trouble.  

But to agree with you, yes, our execution has been piss poor, but not all of that has been on the offense either.  Much of it befalls McD, who at last check is still our HC.  

Why is it so much of a reach for people to see that we got a ton of breaks in the Jets game that don't happen very often for any team, not just ours.  I don't get it.  

That's all I've been discussing.  Aggressive or not,and I don't mean it to be, I respond to comments made to me out of courtesy.  I have zero control if people comment midstream without looking at the basis for the discussion, nor do I have any control over whether or not they go off emotionally or rationally contribute something besides superficial semi-mindless narrative.  That's on them one way or another.  

BTW, if Brown doesn't start, I like our chances a lot.  If he does, not so much.  

Honestly, I don't wanna argue with all that.  I've said the same stuff... execution been piss poor all year etc.  I just want to watch a football game and not argue about whether we are going to win or lose.  I think we can win.  I think we can lose.  Thats what's great about football.  If it were a definite one or the other, then why watch at all? 

12 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Dallas 28 

Miami 31 

Washington 34 

Minnesota 34  

Yeah that doesn't mean much to me.  Home/Away what have you.  The only team they have blown out this year is Miami.  Almost all their games have been by one score.  I bet some of those one score wins were set up by something too.  Philly is not the end all be all.  They have had some pretty crappy games too.  They just did something we haven't and closed out.  That can change in a heartbeat.  Thats why they play and dont simulate.

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

I think it’s time we bench him , especially for Sundays game against Philly. Give more reps to Epanesa and Rousseau . Von is not himself anymore and hurting the team out there.  

He isn't going to be himself.  He has to work to get back to it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

While he hurts the team. It’s not worth it. We are in win now mode and we don’t have room for error. Need our best players out there. Or just bring him in during garbage time when we are leading by a lot.

22 minutes ago, wppete said:

I think it’s time we bench him , especially for Sundays game against Philly. Give more reps to Epanesa and Rousseau . Von is not himself anymore and hurting the team out there.  

I'll say it again, he isn't himself anymore.  When it was Rousseau and groot this front 4 was doing better. Let the youth get the snaps and get into the flow of the game.

21 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'm not saying we are back but sometimes it just takes a spark and we had some sparks.  Now lets see if it continues.  Every other top team has gotten that benefit and yes we have been a top team for a few years.

Yes, it's a team sport.  They got set up by some stuff.  Thats what happens in a football game.

It's an indication that they can do it.  Not an indication yet that they will be consistent in doing it.

This isn't living and dying by the big play

pass-chart_ALL529264_2023-REG-11_1700441

Thats just the passing.  We also ran the ball 36 times but I'm not pulling charts of all the runs too.

Honestly, I don't wanna argue with all that.  I've said the same stuff... execution been piss poor all year etc.  I just want to watch a football game and not argue about whether we are going to win or lose.  I think we can win.  I think we can lose.  Thats what's great about football.  If it were a definite one or the other, then why watch at all? 

Yeah that doesn't mean much to me.  Home/Away what have you.  The only team they have blown out this year is Miami.  Almost all their games have been by one score.  I bet some of those one score wins were set up by something too.  Philly is not the end all be all.  They have had some pretty crappy games too.  They just did something we haven't and closed out.  That can change in a heartbeat.  Thats why they play and dont simulate.

I just don't see him getting back to form. Too old and getting older.

• Agree 2

45 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

It's a troll. Don't waste your time. I'd say an 11 year old girl from Sri Lanka at best is who u are dealing with.

You got a problem with 11-year old girls from Sri Lanka? The ones I know are intelligent, curious, fun, and lively. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Yes, time to sit him. He has done nothing but take a game day roster spot. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.