Steelers fire Canada

loyal2dagame

13 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

They saw what happened last week with us and were like "yup, we need some of that".

Long overdue, but watch the media...Tomlin will NOT be accused of using him as a scapegoat. 

The Steelers are 6-4 so no scapegoating is needed.  

On 11/21/2023 at 8:47 AM, loyal2dagame said:

I'm just concerned if this helps or hurts the Bills playoff chances

they don't have a former OC on staff.  It sounds like they are splitting the duties, (can't be good!).  

Ironically one of the guys in the OC role now is Mike Sullivan--same name as Pens coach.  

15 hours ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

It is in the bylaws of William and Mary alumni.

Joe Brady is a William and Mary alumni.  

On 11/21/2023 at 12:15 PM, Beck Water said:

Still, in the Steelers games I've watched (not that many), I thought that Pickett had chances to get the ball out in rhythm with short passes that would make the OL look better at times - and that he's developed that "happy feet" bailing from a functional pocket young QB get when the OL struggles.

This is absolutely true; he might have the happiest feet in the NFL right now and frankly I don't really blame him.

The other issue that it's causing, aside from rushed decision-making, is that he's developed some serious accuracy issues.  He's been throwing balls 8' over guys heads multiple times a game because his feet are rarely set.

Put him behind a functional OL, give him some time to shake off the PTSD and he might end up being OK. 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Seems kind of coincidental timing that Tomlin's good friend, former college teammate and fellow head-coach McDermott fires his OC a week prior, gets a spark they needed immediately and then Tomlin follows suit.  Wonder if McD's decision and subsequent performance of the offense had any bearing on his thought process or if Tomlin even talked to McD briefly about the situation.  I mean even down to the wording he used it was almost the same as McD's in that "the decision was mine and mine alone." according to Tomlin.

Edited by Big Turk

On 11/21/2023 at 2:01 PM, Limeaid said:

On reason for firing I am sure this contributed.

Najee Harris: I’m just tired of this *****

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/najee-harris-im-just-tired-of-this-*****

Najee is finding out things aren't so easy in the NFL. Things were pretty easy at Alabama for him, minus 2 or 3 tough games a season.

So if he "goes off" the next 7 games, he's right about Matt Canada, we'll give him that. Time will tell.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

Follow the leader.

Saw the complete transformation of the Bills' offense with their change, and on a short week, so  it was inevitable others would follow.

Too bad though, was hoping  Canada stuck around for a few years!

That was the problem… he did 😂

Yinzers were calling for his head during Ben’s final year there. 

Dude got a shot at Pittsburgh because of his work with the Panthers program from what I was told by some guys who work @ UPMC. Peterman strikes again!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.