Kudos to the O Line

Rich Stadium Original

Yes they still had their moments at times last night, but overall I think we have seen great improvement in the O line. Continuity and lack of injuries has a lot to do with that.

At the beginning of the season, it seemed like Allen was running for his life a whole lot, and the holes in the running game just weren't there. 

Against one of the best front 4s in the league, they more than held their own. Allen had a clean pocket MOST of the night, and the Jets only managed one sack.

Going into the game, I think the line ranked 2nd best in the league in run blocking and showed more of the same last night.

Another big test will be coming next week against the Eagles.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Yes they still had their moments at times last night, but overall I think we have seen great improvement in the O line. Continuity and lack of injuries has a lot to do with that.

At the beginning of the season, it seemed like Allen was running for his life a whole lot, and the holes in the running game just weren't there. 

Against one of the best front 4s in the league, they more than held their own. Allen had a clean pocket MOST of the night, and the Jets only managed one sack.

Going into the game, I think the line ranked 2nd best in the league in run blocking and showed more of the same last night.

Another big test will be coming next week against the Eagles.

You’re missing half of the story. Do you think it is easy to run block vs. the jets?  The run-blocking was even better than than the pass blocking and was key to the victory.

I think the line has been doing great most of the year. And the TEs and backs block very well making Spencer Brown appear to be a sound pass blocker.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

You’re missing half of the story. Do you think it is easy to run block vs. the jets?  The run-blocking was even better than than the pass blocking and was key to the victory.

I think the line has been doing great most of the year. And the TEs and backs block very well making Spencer Brown appear to be a sound pass blocker.

Aren’t the Jets bottom of the NFL in rush defense?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Jet “D” giving up 137 rushing yds. a game.

Eagles “D” gives up 67 yds. per game.

…..just saying.

Hmmm...

Jets are usually losing in the fourth quarter thus teams run more 

Eagles usually winning thus teams need to abandon the run.

Different stat tells a different story for these two defenses

Jets YPC 4.2

Eagles YPC 4.6

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Jet “D” giving up 137 rushing yds. a game.

Eagles “D” gives up 67 yds. per game.

…..just saying.

Oh ya, Philly has amazing rush D,  #1 ovr , not good in secondary,  Jets are way more balanced.  Brady could make another huge statement with the proper play calling 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Hmmm...

Jets YPC 4.2

Eagles YPC 4.6

Uh oh ....I was looking at 2022.

Eagles are only giving up 3.7 YPC in 2023.

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland
  • Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Hmmm...

Jets YPC 4.2

Eagles YPC 4.6

A good example of why stats should be used carefully.  Another stat line to be aware of is turnovers.  The Jets had a turnover problem on Sunday and Buffalo got points off of Jets turnovers more than once.  That may be harder to accomplish versus Jalen Hurts and Philadelphia than it was versus Zach Wilson and the Jets.  The Jets turnovers definitely inflated the appearance of the Bills' offense, not that I was disappointed in the offense.

2 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

A good example of why stats should be used carefully.  Another stat line to be aware of is turnovers.  The Jets had a turnover problem on Sunday and Buffalo got points off of Jets turnovers more than once.  That may be harder to accomplish versus Jalen Hurts and Philadelphia than it was versus Zach Wilson and the Jets.  The Jets turnovers definitely inflated the appearance of the Bills' offense, not that I was disappointed in the offense.

Turnovers decide football games. The Bills in recent weeks haven't generated enough and have given too many. That switched last night and they won. I really think they have a chance to beat anyone on their schedule but the offense will have to play a clean game. 

• Agree 1

NO WAY!!  SPENCER BROWN SUCKS!!!!

kidding-  big up to 79.  He still has some terrible moments but he’s cut them down big time and has made some stellar blocks.

Dion and McGovern have been rock solid on the left while Morse has been a solid vet to pair with the big rook.  Kromer has done a solid job.  

Let’s appreciate them now and pray that we can continue to praise them in the next 4 weeks.  Philly, KC then Dallas. Get after it bigs

5 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Rasul to the rescue!!  You KNOW he has this game scheduled.  

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Turnovers decide football games. The Bills in recent weeks haven't generated enough and have given too many. That switched last night and they won. I really think they have a chance to beat anyone on their schedule but the offense will have to play a clean game. 

I fully agree.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.