Josh's shoulder injury?

Buffalo Barbarian

With Josh's mishandling of the ball on hand offs , it makes me wonder if he has numbness in hands because dropping the ball twice while handing it off should just not happen, thats pee wee level stuff. Maybe he's getting pain killer shots thats making it difficult to feel the ball , could also explain his errant throws ??

• Disagree 2

5 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Then cooks hands are numb too and Gabe's. Even Diggs and Kincaid had a little numbness. 

Maybe they are all injected 😂😂

Just now, zow2 said:

I was wondering about his shoulder before the game then he started throwing 98 mph fastballs that the receivers couldn't handle... so figured his shoulder must feel good enough.

Yes but does he have that fine motor control??

Letting the ball go before it touches the RB is just bizarre.

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Nah.

So why did he drop the ball??

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Maybe they are all injected 😂😂

Yes but does he have that fine motor control??

Letting the ball go before it touches the RB is just bizarre.

Hey, that kid dropped the ball before he crossed the goal line Saturday - it happens.  It’s just carelessness and lack of focus. Josh has lost focus, for whatever reason. 

• Like (+1) 1

Josh's issue is not physical, it's 100% mental. He may still be managing some pain, but pain doesn't make him decide to target a double-covered 5'6" receiver on deep balls. He's made every throw possible the past few games, so that isn't the issue. It's the 3-4 really bad decisions per game that is the problem.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

Hey, that kid dropped the ball before he crossed the goal line Saturday - it happens.  It’s just carelessness and lack of focus. Josh has lost focus, for whatever reason. 

he hasn't lost focus as it's more of trying to hard but dropping the ball is not normal

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

With Josh's mishandling of the ball on hand offs , it makes me wonder if he has numbness in hands because dropping the ball twice while handing it off should just not happen, thats pee wee level stuff. Maybe he's getting pain killer shots thats making it difficult to feel the ball , could also explain his errant throws ??

I think it’s a fair question, even though I’m not sure it’s likely the case. 

if it’s a pain management issue a shot could let him uncork some throws while not being 100% in all regards I suppose 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Thanks for the detailed explanation

Sorry. I should have said:

I do not believe that anything physical is to blame for Josh Allen's shortcomings this year.

I believe there have been two primary problems with him: The main one is his brain. The second one is the coaching he has (or has not) received.

I do not believe that his shoulder is significantly hindering his performance in any meaningful way. 

Fix the QB's head, and you'll fix the QB. The shoulder ain't it.

• Agree 4

37 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I doubt it, it's just not nearly anything serious enough for that to be a reason...

It's just mostly how he can be careless with the football more than he should, nothing more nothing less 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.