Josh's shoulder injury?

Buffalo Barbarian

13 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Nope, can only ever be one thing that’s going wrong.  Could never be mental and physical things both happening! 

That’s a fair point for sure. I don’t know how bad that shoulder is hurting him still. I haven’t noticed as much grimacing lately, as I had a few games back. However, as others have mentioned, that glassy eyed emotionless face is more concerning to me. Maybe Brady lights a fire under his ass, but doubt it. 

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Why can’t people understand that more than one thing can be wrong at once? It’s not that difficult to understand. 

He dropped a handoff twice. Reading comprehension goes a long way

Ok so his shoulder injury allows him to throw the ball a million miles an hour 40 times a game but he can’t hand it off? One mishandled hand off is an injury not just him making a mistake. Good take. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Ok so his shoulder injury allows him to throw the ball a million miles an hour 40 times a game but he can’t hand it off? One mishandled hand off is an injury not just him making a mistake. Good take. 

There are some really, really dumb takes lately, mostly Allen worshipping 🗑

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Have you ever had a shoulder injury? I can throw a football perfectly fine but I can't lift a glass of water off of a table and the issue will rub a nerve which causes grip issues. My injury to the other I can't lift it above my head but things below shoulder level there's no issues. There's different injuries at different parts that cause different issues. I'll never understand how people can't grasp simple things. 

Also I never said it was the cause I just entertained the idea because it is possible. 

Allen has more issues than possible injuries. But arguing things you don't understand is just idiotic 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Have you ever had a shoulder injury? I can throw a football perfectly fine but I can't lift a glass of water off of a table and the issue will rub a nerve which causes grip issues. My injury to the other I can't lift it above my head but things below shoulder level there's no issues. There's different injuries at different parts that cause different issues. I'll never understand how people can't grasp simple things. 

Also I never said it was the cause I just entertained the idea because it is possible. 

Allen has more issues than possible injuries. But arguing things you don't understand is just idiotic 

Ok I give up. The fumbled hand off was 100% on his injured shoulder. Josh Allen the superhero do no wrong could never fumble a ball unless dealing with an injury and nerve damage. All the bad passes he throws to are due to the brain damage he has suffered and since I dont have brain damage I wont try to say its not possible. 

Edited by ngbills
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Ok I give up. The fumbled hand off was 100% on his injured shoulder. Josh Allen the superhero do no wrong could never fumble a ball unless dealing with an injury and nerve damage. All the bad passes he throws to are due to the brain damage he has suffered and since I dont have brain damage I wont try to say its not possible. 

Can you show where I or others said it was 100% on his shoulder or do you just struggle to comprehend things? You just make up ***** that nobody said and try to twist it into something it's not. Nobody said it is 100% on his shoulder they just suggested it could be a part of it. Which if you ever had a shoulder injury you would know it's possible. He had an elbow injury and still could sling the ball but it did cause issues.  Stop being dense but judging by your posts you may not be able to help it

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Can you show where I or others said it was 100% on his shoulder or do you just struggle to comprehend things? You just make up ***** that nobody said and try to twist it into something it's not. Nobody said it is 100% on his shoulder they just suggested it could be a part of it. Which if you ever had a shoulder injury you would know it's possible. He had an elbow injury and still could sling the ball but it did cause issues.  Stop being dense but judging by your posts you may not be able to help it

I am just calling it as a reaching excuse. Mistakes happen. It happened injury or no injury. The whole premise of this thread is to try and say injuries are playing a part in Allen's struggles. I just think that is bs. 

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I am just calling it as a reaching excuse. Mistakes happen. It happened injury or no injury. The whole premise of this thread is to try and say injuries are playing a part in Allen's struggles. I just think that is bs. 

Allen has a bunch of problems that aren't injury related but if you think an injured throwing shoulder isn't at least a small part of it than you're beyond help and there's no reason bashing my head against the wall to explain simple things. 

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Allen has a bunch of problems that aren't injury related but if you think an injured throwing shoulder isn't at least a small part of it than you're beyond help and there's no reason bashing my head against the wall to explain simple things. 

Whatever makes you feel better. Small part? Ok...Most players around the league are playing with a nagging injury. So every mistake any player makes is a small part due to injury? Josh leads the league in turnovers over his career...must be the nagging injuries playing a small part. 

Just now, ngbills said:

Whatever makes you feel better. Small part? Ok...Most players around the league are playing with a nagging injury. So every mistake any player makes is a small part due to injury? Josh leads the league in turnovers over his career...must be the nagging injuries playing a small part. 

We'll just go back to the Bills are actively covering up concussions theory. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Why do you keep trying to twist things into something they aren’t? I’ve been critical of Josh since he’s been here. He ignores open receivers he struggles to throw with anticipation and touch, we limit plays we run because he either can’t make the throws or refuses to run them. He makes horrible decisions a lot. Wtf are you going on about. More than one thing can be wrong at once. I know it’s tough to understand. All I said is it’s possible and you’re losing your mind. 

Go try and twist someone else’s words into whatever you’re trying to argue. 

2 hours ago, Maynard said:

That’s a fair point for sure. I don’t know how bad that shoulder is hurting him still. I haven’t noticed as much grimacing lately, as I had a few games back. However, as others have mentioned, that glassy eyed emotionless face is more concerning to me. Maybe Brady lights a fire under his ass, but doubt it. 

He definitely looks shook out there. Something hasn't been right with this team since last year coming out of the bye. Had assumed it was related to his UCL injury but things have been on a downward spiral since then and has carried over to this year. Have to imagine there is something more going on behind the scenes and Diggs wanting out reflects that. I have gotten to the point where I don't think this team can win Super Bowl with current iteration of the team/coaches. May require new staff and a rebuild before trying to make another Super Bowl run before Josh's career is over.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Why do you keep trying to twist things into something they aren’t? I’ve been critical of Josh since he’s been here. He ignores open receivers he struggles to throw with anticipation and touch, we limit plays we run because he either can’t make the throws or refuses to run them. He makes horrible decisions a lot. Wtf are you going on about. More than one thing can be wrong at once. I know it’s tough to understand. All I said is it’s possible and you’re losing your mind. 

Go try and twist someone else’s words into whatever you’re trying to argue. 

I will say this and then drop it:

The original post to start this thread was"

With Josh's mishandling of the ball on hand offs , it makes me wonder if he has numbness in hands because dropping the ball twice while handing it off should just not happen, thats pee wee level stuff. Maybe he's getting pain killer shots thats making it difficult to feel the ball , could also explain his errant throws ??

I replied to the thread with the below because it is my opinion that its a reach to say injuries are the issue with Josh. Its looking for an excuse. 

Josh throws the ball 1 million miles an hour - crickets

Josh throws a bad pass - it must be his shoulder

You chose to respond to my post with an insult and a factually wrong post as the original post said could explain his bad throws too:

He dropped a handoff twice. Reading comprehension goes a long way

That is what started the whole exchange between the two of us. You got it wrong from the start. The thread started with numbness in Josh hands is causing him to mishandled and drop balls, and also explain errant throws. I disagree with that. You turned that into I have bad reading comprehension. 

16 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I have two shoulder injuries(no idea if they’re the same or similar to Josh’s) and my hands definitely get weak if a nerve gets touched on certain movements. It’s a possibility. 

I think Josh has a better mind for the game so i dont think he will go the way of Newton.

If brady can simplify the route options, diversify the run game and use the offense 's strength then Josh will be back on track.

16 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I think it has more to do with RPO … on RPO plays Josh is far more often likely to keep the ball.  Maybe Cook was playing it slow soft to let Josh keep it……

yeah but you have to feel contact before you let go , he was letting go before the back even had it, that is just not normal and makes me think he might have gotten a pain shot.

16 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

Not with that injury.  I had a 3rd degree A/C separation and had surgery on it.  Even immediately after the injury, I remember the Dr. telling me that I would be able to do pretty much everything normal as long as my arm was below the shoulder.  The problems would happen happen once the arm was lifted up and, in fact, at first I couldn't even lift my arm over my shoulders.  I seem to remember a QB suffering the same injury and even completing the game by throwing underhand.  Think it was Brian Griese.  When Josh hands the ball off, even if he reaches up slightly, the upper arm is in the underhand position so he shouldn't have any problem.

Something was wrong, maybe a pain killer

18 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

I highly doubt it, but if so, then the onus is on the coaches and training staff to ID it and tell him he can’t go. 

But given the rockets I’ve seen him throw in the weeks Allen got dropped and fell on that throwing shoulder, I doubt it’s a physical problem. The dude is checked out mentally. I have no idea why and not going to pretend I do like everyone else on this board.

There is no way he is checked out mentally, he wants to win just like everyone else, especially after throwing picks the last thing he is going to is gently roll the ball off his finger tips. He had to think Cook had it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

There is no way he is checked out mentally, he wants to win just like everyone else, especially after throwing picks the last thing he is going to is gently roll the ball off his finger tips. He had to think Cook had it.

I mean maybe? Don’t get me wrong I hope you’re right and it’s a physical thing with the shoulder that hopefully gets right soon.

I am not one of those body language experts or whatever they term themselves but just looking and listening to the guy makes me think there’s a mental aspect to this too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.