Fire McDermott - 12 On the Field INEXCUSABLE

WEATHER DOT COM

4 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Does McDermott report to beane? 

I've always thought they both report to pegula and ard on equal ground

Beane can stay in my opinion

Take a look at singletary and moss, both below average to bad players here. They move to other teams and start performing like solid players 

It’s possible that the coaching has failed to develop and use what he’s brought in, but his track record doesn’t look great in hindsight. A lot of draft busts, a lot of bad/failed FA signings.

I’m not even talking about Miller which has failed pretty bad (but that was a calculated risk and we got burned).

41 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Beane isn't firing him.  They are a package deal.   Beane goes with him

Where Beane has this roster, that wouldnt bother me at all.   30 million over  the cap, 3 DL signed to the roster next season.   Will need a starting FS, If Gabe goes your WRs are Diggs, Harty, Shakir and Shorter---good luck with that.    I you cut Morse now you need a C, if you cut Tre or Poyer, now its a CB and SS.  Maybe mastermind can restructure Von again and keep trading picks to move up 2 spots or turning 2nd round picks into 5ths and 6ths.   About every one of Beane's picks next year are going to have to make the roster.   McD and Dorsey get plenty of crap on this board, lets not leave Beane out of the mix, its well deserved.

Edited by billsfan714
typo
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

It’s possible that the coaching has failed to develop and use what he’s brought in, but his track record doesn’t look great in hindsight. A lot of draft busts, a lot of bad/failed FA signings.

I’m not even talking about Miller which has failed pretty bad (but that was a calculated risk and we got burned).

I won't beat the drum to keep him as what you bring up is all very valid but do think he is generally solid and listens and organizes the team well and appears to be very respected 

11 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Nothing is going to happen. I’m already prepared to not watch next season if changes aren’t made. 

7 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I'm in the same boat, at this moment if McDermott is back I don't know if I am back to the extent I am currently (ie season ticket holder)

The shock value of a loss like tonight will prove to be a blessing if it contributes to regime change (meaning McDermott gone).

I have a feeling this season will now start to come off the rails completely, and that this IS not as bad as its going to get.

That's all a blessing too.  Our worst fear here (as fans) should be Pegula being slow to realize the scope of the fix, and dragging the McDermott era out another 2-3 years.  That will destroy Josh's career.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The shock value of a loss like tonight will prove to be a blessing if it contributes to regime change (meaning McDermott gone).

I have a feeling this season will now start to come off the rails completely, and that this IS not as bad as its going to get.

That's all a blessing too.  Our worst fear here (as fans) should be Pegula being slow to realize the scope of the fix, and dragging the McDermott era out another 2-3 years.  That will destroy Josh's career.

I firmly believe that Pegula doesn’t have what it takes. I see it with the Sabres. I fully expect McD to be here for years to come. I just can’t deal with that right now. Deflated is the best I can describe it, full knowing that we are wasting Allen. It’s a crime. And I can’t watch next year or any year until McD is gone. 

17 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Where Beane has this roster, that wouldnt bother me at all.   30 million over  the cap, 3 DL signed to the roster next season.   Will need a starting FS, If Gabe goes your WRs are Diggs, Harty, Shakir and Shorter---good luck with that.    I you cut Morse now you need a C, if you cut Tre or Poyer, now its a CB and SS.  Maybe mastermind can restructure Von again and keep trading picks to move up 2 spots or turning 2nd round picks into 5ths and 6ths.   About every one of Beane's picks next year are going to have to make the roster.   McD and Dorsey get plenty of crap on this board, lets not leave Beane out of the mix, its well deserved.

Roster is in trouble next year. I could see Gabe, Morse, Hyde, Poyer, and Tre White all gone. Phillips, Lawson, AJ Epenesa I think are FA.

Von Miller is totally ineffective right now to the point where he isn’t even making tackles. Who knows how he’ll be next year.

And we’re already going to be over the cap. Missing a bunch of starters we need to replace. Hate to say it, but it might be a “re-tool” year to eat some dead cap and hope for the best.

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He really does.

There is zero evidence of the fire he used to have.

I've scoffed at the idea that Josh is 'checked out' or whatever, but I thought his lack of enthusiasm after the go-ahead TD with 1:55 left was extremely telling. 

Maybe he was trying to not show any emotion after the taunting penalty last week. Maybe during the 2 minute warning McD told the offense to not score on the first play and to burn more time off the clock. Maybe he's shell-shocked from the number of times he's scored a late go-ahead TD and still lost.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WinterSoldier17 said:

He’d never do that. It’s just easier scamming the Pegulas and fan base for more dough and empty speeches.

I do agree it’s extremely comical at this point, and I can’t believe I’m saying this…worse than before. Incredible feat.

The ultimate blockhead.

blockhead-man.gif

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.