Fire McDermott - 12 On the Field INEXCUSABLE

WEATHER DOT COM

25 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Add this into his inprobable list of blown close games.  

It's comical at this point.  He should show some honor and resign

He’d never do that. It’s just easier scamming the Pegulas and fan base for more dough and empty speeches.

I do agree it’s extremely comical at this point, and I can’t believe I’m saying this…worse than before. Incredible feat.

The ultimate blockhead.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Old Coot said:

You do understand that fron the sideline it is difficult (if not impossible) to count all your down linemen. At the very least someone upstairs should have alerted McD to the 12 men.

And done what?  That the thing thats so annoying.  Everyone in the stadium knew the fire drill was coming.  We had plenty of time to prepare. And we still screwed it up.  Lack of attention to detail all night.  

So many things went wrong, but it’s tough to lose that way.  I do feel as if we got the short end on two big calls (saw it in stadium only; just got home and no tv replay yet).  Perhaps the one comfort is that we probably will be ready to check sentimentality at the door and reload after this year.  

Edited by SectionC3

2 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

They blew it, and it starts and ends with McD. This team is not mentally prepared for ANY situation

I agree. My point is that the blunder is likely on the asst coaches. To some extent that's on McD as HC. In any event, the staff needs to work out why these late game blunders happen and take corrective action.  BTW I'm not a McD homie. I'm just pointing out that it's not the HC's responsibility to make sure that the FG team does not have too many players.

• Like (+1) 1

His defense was great. The effort was incredible and it all gets wiped out by a penalty that’s just an attention to detail failure.  The HC is always responsible. The fact that Josh was not mentally ready to play a must win game is also a big problem. The idea that Cook couldn’t be stopped and he was benched for most of the 1st half, is a problem. Sean will get another job either as HC or a DC, but he can’t stay here.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, SectionC3 said:

And done what?  That the thing acts so annoying.  Everyone in the stadium knew the fire drill was coming.  We had plenty of time to prepare. And we still screwed it up.  Lack of attention to detail all night.  

So many things went wrong, but it’s tough to lose that way.  I do feel as if we got the short end on two big calls (saw it in stadium only; just got home and no tv replay yet).  Perhaps the one comfort is that we probably will be ready to check sentimentality at the door and reload after this year.

I agree completely

3 minutes ago, Old Coot said:

The FG team is determined pre-game. You send the FG team out. Who thinks to count your men? That's why I think the late injury messed up the FG team.

There is a designated special teams captain that has the responsibility to count the players on the field.

Also, they knew more likely than not a FG would be attempted so they should have everyone ready to go on the sidelines.

HUGE ***** UP!

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, akm0404 said:

If McDermott or Dorsey have a job at lunchtime tomorrow, you know that whoever is running this clown show must be incapacitated.

I really hope they are dead men walking.

But even if Terry/Beane decide it's over for McD, they will wait until they are eliminated from the playoffs.

Which, I'm fine with. This year is a wash if you change coaches now anyway.

We need a offensive guru HC and there aren't any of those that can install a new offense over the bye week.

Just now, Eastport bills said:

His defense was great. The effort was incredible and it all gets wiped out by a penalty that’s just an attention to detail failure.  The HC is always responsible. The fact that Josh was not mentally ready to play a must win game is also a big problem. The idea that Cook couldn’t be stopped and he was benched for most of the 1st half, is a problem. Sean will get another job either as HC or a DC, but he can’t stay here.

Defence was great until they need a stop in a clutch situation.

So typical .

Jacksonville, Patriots, bengals last week, now this week where they need a stop in the 4th and can’t get it done

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Eastport bills said:

Our D has been in a situation of needing a stop 5 times in the last 6 games. They only stopped Tyrod. This is a continuous problem that keeps getting overlooked because our O is struggling so bad. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Old Coot said:

I agree. My point is that the blunder is likely on the asst coaches. To some extent that's on McD as HC. In any event, the staff needs to work out why these late game blunders happen and take corrective action.  BTW I'm not a McD homie. I'm just pointing out that it's not the HC's responsibility to make sure that the FG team does not have too many players.

And I think you couldnt be more wrong. It's mcd's operation and he failed....again

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.