Truths at the Midpoint

theRalph

The truth is the Bills margin for error is at it's slimmest margin since 2020.  Teams no longer even have to play their best game or have the Bills make tons of stupid mistakes/penalties/etc to be able to beat us.  Now the Bills can actually play decent enough without TO's and still just lose.  

Edited by Big Turk

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I am interested to see what team we see tonight.

Either a turning point or more of the same.  I think tonight we will find out if we are turning the corner, getting out of the slump or we are probably going to miss the playoffs.  

There’s been no corner turning indicators the last 5 weeks with 3 of the being against teams jockeying for the #1 overall pick. I fully anticipate this being a close game with Wilson having his best game as a Bronco.  

The Ravens will fade as they always do because that whole operation hinges on Lamar Jackson and his health.  The second half of the Browns game was likely the start of the great second half fade.  He'll get injured in Week 11 or 12, and the Ravens will once again limp into the playoffs.

NYG need to accept that nobody on that team wants to play for that coach.  

The Bengals beat predictable teams like the Bills and ol' Process.  McSnoozy is an easy win because you know what's coming.  Texans are chaos and play as if they have nothing to lose.  

5 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I dunno, the Chiefs have proven to be that team... I have seen nothing that makes me think that they won't again.

The odds makers disagree. The Chiefs have the highest odds right now at +500, which is an applied probability of 16.7%.

Even the best teams have a mountain to climb to make and win a superbowl. That's why teams rarely repeat. They sometimes do, but it is rare.

• Like (+1) 1

The truth is that Aaron Rodgers isn’t a miraculous healer, they overstated his injury. He’s not going to be the fastest recovery for an athlete ever over the age of 40 just because Ayahuasca is “a hell of a drug.” Or just because he doesn’t believe in Big Pharma that modern medicine doesn’t exist. The real question is why? 

We're not the 07 Giants. That's the past, not buffalo history. 

as great as josh can be, he has been ehh lately, as in games at a time. opponents just wait for him to make a mistake as he has a reputation for turning the ball over

The defense does not have as talented and deep bench as we have been telling ourselves they do. 

Coaching is being questioned all the time. Warranted or not we don't know

players are having player only meetings. 

the truth is I (we all) can go on and on because the Bills are kind of a mess right now. 

i have hope not confidence that maybe tonight they can turn it around a little. 

8 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

We shall see....at this point, making a bold proclamation like this is like throwing down money on the roulette table, you just don’t know what's going to happen.

Why do you have such glowing confidence in the other teams and have no confidence in the Bills? 

7 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Out of curiosity, how many other head coaches have firmly indicated that they have no idea what's wrong much less how to correct what they don't know is wrong with their own teams?  

Asking for a friend.  

:D  

#Jets HC Robert Saleh freezes badly when Michael Kay asks, “You have Trevor Siemian in your building, why not give him a try?”

“I don’t know. You got me; I’m going to plead the fifth on all this one… They’re valid questions. I know that passionate fans all have the same questions. I respect it greatly, but I’ve gotta look at it from a global standpoint, just see where we are, look at the All-22 the best I can, and make the decision as best as possible.”

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MJS said:

The odds makers disagree. The Chiefs have the highest odds right now at +500, which is an applied probability of 16.7%.

Even the best teams have a mountain to climb to make and win a superbowl. That's why teams rarely repeat. They sometimes do, but it is rare.

Odds change... Josh Allen's MVP odds have fallen off the cliff since preseason. I'm still taking the Chiefs to repeat as AFC Champions, and at +500 it's even better.

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Why do you have such glowing confidence in the other teams and have no confidence in the Bills? 

I really don’t have “confidence” in other teams, but I did make some posts yesterday and today based on my observations of yesterday’s games.

As far as the Bills go, there’s a saying of “When somebody shows you who they are, believe them.” For the past 5 games, the Bills have shown us who they are. Until their actions change (hopefully tonight), we can only believe what they keep showing us.

9 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Odds change... Josh Allen's MVP odds have fallen off the cliff since preseason. I'm still taking the Chiefs to repeat as AFC Champions, and at +500 it's even better.

KC has the best chance according to Vegas to represent the AFC in the Superbowl at +235. They also have the best chance to win the Superbowl at +450. These are current odds according to Vegas.

I also agree with you that they have the best chance at this time. Things change quickly in the NFL though. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The truth is the Bills margin for error is at it's slimmest margin since 2020.  Teams no longer even have to play their best game or have the Bills make tons of stupid mistakes/penalties/etc to be able to beat us.  Now the Bills can actually play decent enough without TO's and still just lose.  

I mean, if you look at the last few games the Bills have been the ones who've put themselves in a bad position countless times. They've beaten themselves more than the opposition has beaten then and if you think different then you're not watching the games.

Sure, they've been disappointing, but to say they've been outmatched is pointedly wrong. Though, I'm sure your expert analysis is spot-on and I'm way off base here, but the Bills have done everything you've said they haven't and still lost close games.

If they're as bad as you claim, these would've been blowout losses.

Edited by Hermes

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.