National media are starting to grind their collective axes

Thunderstruck

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Starting?? They’ve been singing this song since February. With absolutely nothing to talk about. They constructed a ‘verdict’ that the Bills will decline and miss the playoffs. Check their records. It just sucks that the crippling early injuries are now turning them into loudmouth prophets.

I hate it and most of these doucheb** wannabe “journalists”. But it ain’t goin’ away. “I TOLD YOU SO!”

The early injuries have all been on the defensive side of the ball. Are you asserting that the offense is in a good place? Or that the defensive injuries are somehow responsible for the lackluster play on offense?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Starting?? They’ve been singing this song since February. With absolutely nothing to talk about. They constructed a ‘verdict’ that the Bills will decline and miss the playoffs. Check their records. It just sucks that the crippling early injuries are now turning them into loudmouth prophets.

I hate it and most of these doucheb** wannabe “journalists”. But it ain’t goin’ away. “I TOLD YOU SO!”

Some of you obviously didn't watch the video. They made some good points on what is plaguing the BIlls and it's not the crippling injuries. It's the offense with it's lack of playmakers. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, mannc said:

That’s part of it, but the Bills have not added impact guys on defense either…they have had a lot of day 1 and 2 picks who have become average starters, and sometimes not even that, and they have whiffed on a lot of FA signings, as well. Just not good enough, even though, with Josh Allen, we’ve had a huge leg up on the competition.

Drafting Allen was a risk Beane took that worked out perfectly.  Excluding that maneuvering to get Allen I'd argue the draft record of this regime is in the bottom 1/3 of the league.  Free agent signing have been more of a mixed bag.  And without Josh this is a .500 team at best.

If McDermott wants to "protect" his defense the best way to do it is to unleash the offense and give the defense a three-score lead with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.  Because if its close at the end they fold almost every time.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

What does this offense want to be that’s the problem. I think because McDermott doesn’t think his D can hold up over the course of the game he wants longer drives to protect it

Agree. And why we know his fav term “complementary football”. Problem is, ya gotta score!

McDummy doesn’t grasp it goes both ways. If your O scores fast and often the D benefits but maybe not statistically 

McD on D and complementary football is “get off my lawn”

Edited by Since1981
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

There are more than enough issues to implicate both.  

Time for a changing of the guard.  This stuff was predictable.  Anyone not seeing it coming wasn't paying much attention to it, understandably, yet nonetheless.  

Once McD is gone, it's likely that we'll start hearing about how difficult it was to work with him and how stubborn he was.  Just an educated guess there.  

At the end of the day, just as McD did with Peterman, he's also doing with Dorsey.  This time it seems to be the straw that broke the camel's back.  It's difficult to ignore and puts his incompetence on full display.  Dorsey is s fully his choice and he's standing by him.  

His own pressers and statements are merely him icing his own cake.  

McD is the head coach, and it's become clear to most now that he's reached his ceiling.  He was never a great DC to begin with.  Many have simply convinced themselves that he was.  

We see what he is as a HC.  

It's going to be interesting to see what happens, as Pegula has given both him and Beane, also inextricably a significant part of the problem, extensions for marketing purposes, specifically so that what's happening now wouldn't happen.  But it has.  So it will be interesting to see what happens now from that angle in the interest of selling crazy expensive STs to the new stadium, with PSLs.  

Just keep in mind that the Bills never replaced a coach with success (Saban, Knox, Levy) with one that did better, or even as good. It was always a step back. Often multiple steps.

Be careful what you wish for.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just keep in mind that the Bills never replaced a coach with success (Saban, Knox, Levy) with one that did better, or even as good. It was always a step back. Often multiple steps.

What we all wish for is a Super Bowl win.  We're not getting it like this.  

It's incredibly difficult to believe that many coaches couldn't be doing this, what we have now, with those roster.

Fear should never be what holds attempts to improve or correct back.  

What I personally "wish for" or would like to see, is Allen play as well as Allen can.  To date he's not done that.  McD was simply the wrong choice to get that out of him 

Granted, McD was hired before we drafted Allen, but that doesn't change the current circumstances. 

And at this point, hire a decent coach with a knowledge of offense.  If he doesn't get at least as much in two seasons from the offense, shitcan him and get another.  

Allen isn't a long-term project at this point.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That also goes for being satisfied making the playoffs each season. They mentioned in the video some teams are happy with being in contention year in year out. Where as the Rams went all in the one year to win but are paying for it now. I said before the season after the 13 second game was the season to go all in. Trade picks and pick up guys like Henry and Hopkins. 

• Agree 2

59 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I don't agree it's all on coaching and play design. As said in the video the Bills lack playmakers on offense. They have Diggs and Allen.  IMO the Bills focused too much on adding playmakers on defense when they should have done it on offense 

Shady McCoy ALWAYS questions the talent level that Josh has on offense when defending him

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

Something is drastically wrong here with the overall philosophy and play design, and it is directly resulting in enough losses to potentially keep the Bills out of the playoffs this year.

Keep in mind that this is also the first season in four that the division's been as tough as it has.  Even NE at 2-7 is tougher than their record.  McD's had the good fortune over the past three seasons prior to this one, of having had a relatively easy division.  

Now that the pressure is on in that way he's crumbling.  

Even now, we've had the second easiest schedule in the league to date.  

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

They spent a pretty high pick on Kincaid. I think they expect he will be a very good playmaker, and he has shown signs that he will be just that.

Kincaid should be on pace for 1,000/10 right now on an offense with Allen at QB.  

The reason why he isn't is the topic du jour.  

Here’s the thing: The Bills are on the brink of this being a lost season. Let’s see if it looks like the coaching staff recognizes it and changes strategy (especially on offense) from this coming Monday night on. I highly doubt that they will. And if they don’t, it’s time to move on from McD. 

Terrible drafting, look as recent as 1st round pick Elam, terrible fa signing, bad cap management has to team maxed out on what Beane and McDermott envisioned, bad coaching.  No way this team should be missing the playoffs  with Josh Allen and playing the teams we have lost too.  To me it's clear it's the end of the rope for this regime unless you are happy being competitive every year but fail to even sniff the SB.  A change is needed if you truly want to win a SB.  If we continue with this regime, in which 0 coach and new qb has won the SB after 5 yeatlrs together, we will continue to see what we are watching, and possibly worse next year.  Take a look at the roster, cap, fa, old players we have, contracts we are simply screwed on that never should have been done to begin with, Knox, Miller etc.   We are set up for a worse year next year based off how our team has been constructed and the cap hell we been put in.  Talent is now leaving, because we can't afford to bring anyone in.  Next year us the perfect year to start fresh with a new regime and take your hits next year and let the new regime start construction of their vision.  It's very doubtful it will be worse than our Defensive led Bills plan currently 

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

What does this offense want to be that’s the problem. I think because McDermott doesn’t think his D can hold up over the course of the game he wants longer drives to protect it.

Whatever it is, McD is now on record several times having plainly stated that he doesn't know how to correct it.  That's stunning.  

As mentioned, making himself DC on top of being head coach paints all the picture we need.  He gave himself enough rope to hang himself, his unwavering support for Dorsey and the O like he did for Peterman, and we don't know the extent of his involvement in it but I it's likely high, have built the gallows.  

Pegula's hand is rapidly being forced.  

46 minutes ago, jaab1028 said:

I believe in keeping things simple,there is nothing creative about the Buffalo Bills Offense.Opposing defensive coordinators have basically figured out what three plays the Offense runs,period

The same goes for our D now too.  It even began before our excuse-generating injuries.  

New England, ... New England, picked us apart nearly as if Brady were the QB again.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Negan said:

The media can hopefully lead the charge to get McDermott fired, I pray 🙏!!

Well, what's obvious is that the situation isn't good for marketing pricey STs and PSLs.  Remember, Pegula gave McBeane extensions in order to avoid chaos and regression.  But now we have disarray, dysfunction, semi-chaos, regression in a major way, and a head coach that has openly expressed that he has no idea how to correct any of it.  And one that as with his solo stance of being the only one in the world that supported Peterman, is approaching a similar status re: Dorsey.  

What more really needs to be said at this point.  I mean if someone owned a business and the person in charge of an entire dept. openly said that, what would the responsible result be? 

This isn't difficult.  

Next man/coach up!!

If Allen were already here before they hired McD, I can't imagine McD even having made the short-list for consideration.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.