Building opinion that Josh is not committed to the Bills/football?

UKBillFan

The one shot at saving this season IMO is to let Dorsey go right now, and give the next guy up a shot at calling plays and making the game plan. Good chance that won't work, and it could get even worse. But what we're doing right now seems to be a sure path out of the playoffs.

I've lost faith in McDermott as the guy who can bring a championship. We're in big trouble next year with overpaid, older players who aren't living up to their contracts. In the meantime Allen and Diggs just keep getting older every wasted season.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I'm critical of Josh, but I don't think this is the issue.

If anything, he may be putting added pressure on himself to work harder & improve, which has resulted in uncharacteristic play. He knows last year was a struggle, especially the 2nd half & the playoffs. He knows people blamed HIM for the Diggs situation. He knows he leads the league in turnovers the past several years. 

So knowing all that, he's likely trying to make changes & play differently. Unfortunately, it's still not working out, and I'm not sure the surrounding players/play calling are helping him with that. Josh is still turning it over, but so are others. Along with the penalties, still no commitment to running the ball, dropped passes, etc. it's only adding to the difficulties Josh is having.

I think this is mostly it.  Allen is feeling incredible pressure to make a play because the offense is struggling.  Too many draft picks on defense and too much FA money on defense.  Only this year did the first 2 picks go offense.  Beane messed up at WR last year thinking Davis and McKenzie were WR2 and Wr3 capable.  Beane missed on Cody Ford and he missed on Brown too.  Kincaid and Torrence look good so far but now the defense is starting to age out.  So they have holes on both sides of the ball.  

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

this

There is no metric that suggests he's performing at anything other than a top1-3 level in the NFL

So of course the narrative will be that he doesn't watch enough film and is lazy/uncommitted/playing poorly

Allen is one of the few things on the team working properly this season

numbers and eye-test don't match once again.

He was electric in weeks 2,3,4,5. Was not in 1,6,7,8 and 9.

Think the numbers are skewed by the 4 good weeks.

• Agree 1

Sometimes we see Josh on the sidelines with a blank stare like he is completely not there. I know that look because I do it too as a defense mechanism.

Now having said this, Josh is on the very bottom of the list of problems with this program (if he even is a problem).

he cares and tries crazy hard on game day.

im not sure what his off season and week to week stuff looks like, but ill bet he is not as dialed in as brady was, for exmpale.

he keeps making the same friggen mistakes, and in the same situations.  he makes terrible decisions leading to turnovers at least once a game.  and i'm not talking about forcing the ball to win, i mean another guy was open and he just forces it out of frustration.  at the end of the day, i blame coaches for that, but it isn't possible that josh is doing absolutely everything he can to prepare and these things keep happening.

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

He is at the top or near the top on every statistical category for QBs.  People insisting that is not good enough is just stupid. 

Josh Allen is always going to be a statistical monster.

That doesn't mean he's got what it takes to WIN the Super Bowl.  

Dan Marino destroyed the record books when he was playing.  Joe Montana was the one that won the rings.

Tom Brady's stats were average compared to many of the other greats during his time (Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees).  But he won more championships than all of them combined.

• Eyeroll 1

I really think Allen plays his best when the Bills are playing complimentary football, forcing turnovers on defense and Allen capitalizes on them. In all over our “blowout” wins you would see this. The fact is, even when the Defense is playing well, we never get turnovers anymore, and that hurts…. A lot.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Shemp said:

This is the scouting report on Josh from Univ. Wyoming. Has much changed?

https://tdscouting.com/allenreport

Remarkable…. It’s him in a nutshell… especially where they tie accuracy to decisions making. While he clear improved throwing mechanics, a lot of the rest of it is spot on. 

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

What evidence is there for this?

Well I suppose leading the league in turnovers since 2018 is a start.......but it's more often what he doesn't do.........and we just write it off because he's our guy.

6 years in the league and on his second OC and they still can't execute a screen play.   Never draws opponents Offside with cadence.    These aren't the primary problems but they should illustrate the degree of lack of attention to detail in his game.   Which shows up more notably in his shaky field vision and pre-snap reads,  poor decisions in setting protection and directing run plays etc..    

He doesn't have the grasp he should for the 6th year in the system.    When you have to admit that he has to operate an up-tempo no-huddle ultra-simplified gameplan to be effective you know the QB just isn't playing smart football.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

Something happened to Josh after the Demar situation.  He also broke up with his longtime girlfriend around that time. He‘a shown glimpses of  greatness since but has never completely returned back to his old self IMO.  Pure speculation on my part. 

She broke up with him after he got a bartender pregnant. Yes, a bartender. Then, he starts dating someone from Hollywood, I think. Word is he's dating an actress. Not laying blame, just trying to clarify the break up. 

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

It’s like a bad relationship that you want to last.  We all know this iteration of the Bills is over.  Maybe Dorsey is gone.  Maybe it’s Dorsey and McD.  Or maybe it’s them and Diggs and Allen, too.  

I gave them a pass last year because of the reported and unreported nonsense that occurred.   But maybe that was too gentle.  We just don’t have it.  The only hope is that Allen goes on an out of his mind heater and we luck into something.  But otherwise, this group ain’t it. 

It’s really been over since 13 seconds. The denial now is just wasting time. 

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

She broke up with him after he got a bartender pregnant. Yes, a bartender. Then, he starts dating someone from Hollywood, I think. Word is he's dating an actress. Not laying blame, just trying to clarify the break up. 

Yes thank you Brittany 😂

Edited by Shanahan's Horseshoe

15 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Josh Allen is always going to be a statistical monster.

That doesn't mean he's got what it takes to WIN the Super Bowl.  

Dan Marino destroyed the record books when he was playing.  Joe Montana was the one that won the rings.

Tom Brady's stats were average compared to many of the other greats during his time (Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees).  But he won more championships than all of them combined.

Allen put the Bills in their best position to win a Super Bowl since 1993 and then 13 seconds happened.  That alone proves that Allen has what it takes to lead a team to a Super Bowl win.  Thirteen seconds should have opened all our eyes to where the REAL problem lies with this franchise and it's not with Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.