LB Blake Martinez Un-retiring?!

JPL7

we have found the answer to our linebacker prayers, guys! (Sarcasm)

https://www.thestreet.com/sports/former-player-wants-back-nfl-trading-card-business-goes-bust?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

Haha. I remember reading about his retirement and wondered why he couldn’t just do both? You get a six month off-season during the NFL, so if you’re really that gung ho about selling stupid cards, do it then.

• Like (+1) 2

Coulda swore we already had a thread on this (I remember someone bringing up the YouTube series documenting him being busted for scamming) but oh well can't find it now.

He's as low character as they come,  don't want him anywhere near the team.  He didn't retire just to sell cards, he thought he could make more money SCAMMING people with Pokémon cards than by being a mediocre NFL player (or at least make the money with less effort).  He hired people he could teach to rig and manipulate the carnival style live streams.  Long story short, they had ways of knowing what cards were in the packs, and would do slight of hand to rig the bets on what kinds of cards were in the packs being bought and opened live.  Got busted and banned despite being part owner of the platform it was on, now wants back into football.

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

No thanks, but this does remind me of the LB we signed from the Texans who then retired once Bernard was named starter. Wonder if he's still interested....

Oh, yeah! What is his name? Get it done--again, Mr. Beane.

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

No thanks, but this does remind me of the LB we signed from the Texans who then retired once Bernard was named starter. Wonder if he's still interested....

You have to imagine that Beane called Kirksey as soon as Milano went down in London and was told that he's enjoying retirement.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.