Bills signing Fournette (for real this time)

Process

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I can’t recall exactly who it was but didn’t a QUARTERBACK recently start a game having had less than a week on a team?  How complex is this offense? Or how dense is this running back? 

The offense is so complex, Dorsey didn't even know how to run it, lol

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why waste a spot on the PS then? If he has nothing left in the tank and too dumb to understand the playbook, then release his arse!! 

He’s only been on the team for 2 weeks.  That may very well happen. 

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

He’s only been on the team for 2 weeks.  That may very well happen. 

I played RB in college and outside of QB it's not an easy learn 

Personnel groups, Formations , footwork and duty are all assigned every play... Yes for a pro who's been through 20 years of ball it shouldn't be rocket science 

But I can see it taking a few weeks ... Because every type of run ... Counter, power O, stretch , duo etc has different footwork ... And the bills mite call X , Z, which takes a few weeks to get down 

Remembering 500 plays isn't easy 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Formations , footwork and duty are all assigned every play... Yes for a pro who's been through 20 years of ball it shouldn't be rocket science 

But I can see it taking a few weeks ... Because every type of run ... Counter, power O, stretch , duo etc has different footwork ... And the bills mite call X , Z, which takes a few weeks to get down 

I’m sure.  Doesn’t mean he’s a sure thing to make the team or even keep his place on the PS.  I’m pulling for him, I’m just not expecting much, if anything

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Personnel groups, Formations , footwork and duty are all assigned every play... Yes for a pro who's been through 20 years of ball it shouldn't be rocket science 

Not only what you say with running the ball, he also has to learn pass blocking assignments. Everyone wants him rushed to the field...until he gets his assignment mixed up and it results in Josh Allen getting piledriven into the turf by an untouched DT. Then those same people would be "he shouldn't even have been out there"

Keeping all that in mind, however...last year the 49ers did trade for CMC and had him up and going with a handful of plays 4 days later. I do think there is/was opportunity to do the same here. He wouldn't have to learn the entire playbook. Set aside a package of plays and work him in if he can contribute.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

It’s going to be a physical, nasty fight against the Jets.  If it’s going to be that kind of party- let’s use Playoff Lenny now.

Smash ball football coming at you green men!

I hope we have Lenny ready to go too.  NYJ will try and rip the ball away from Cook.  They'll smell blood now after the Denver disaster.  Cook needs to concentrate on ball security.

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

let’s not pretend our playbook is so exceptional that we are the only team that can’t generally plug and play backs. Sure he might not have 100% open to him but…

7 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Not only what you say with running the ball, he also has to learn pass blocking assignments. Everyone wants him rushed to the field...until he gets his assignment mixed up and it results in Josh Allen getting piledriven into the turf by an untouched DT. Then those same people would be "he shouldn't even have been out there"

Keeping all that in mind, however...last year the 49ers did trade for CMC and had him up and going with a handful of plays 4 days later. I do think there is/was opportunity to do the same here. He wouldn't have to learn the entire playbook. Set aside a package of plays and work him in if he can contribute.  

Yes and pass blocking is usually what separates NFL backs from getting onto the field and not 

It is a more mental thing... If you have The want and determination you can get it done

It just takes a lot of fortitude to square up a 250 lb linebacker or 270 end . but with technique and mindset it's a very learnable skill

6 hours ago, NoSaint said:

let’s not pretend our playbook is so exceptional that we are the only team that can’t generally plug and play backs. Sure he might not have 100% open to him but…

Of course...

Realistically you can put him on a small workload with 20 plays he's learned

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.