Why is everyone focused on the Offense here?

PatsFanNH

I am really confused by this. The Offense did start off slow but:

1. scored 25 points against a team that was 0-24 when a team gets 24 or more points.

2. Got a 3 point lead with I believe 1:54 left in the game.  All the bills D had to do was stop the worst scoring O in the NFL from getting  a TD in order to not lose the game. 

3. Yes the Bills D has a lot of injuries on it, but hello! The Patriots have the worst O and they gave up 29 points to them, more than doubling their normal output.

4. The Bills D per numerous sources only got 22% pressure on Jones who up until Sunday was the most pressured QB in the NFL.

My point? The Bills D would worry more a heck of a lot more than the Bills O because if they gave up 29 to the worst O what will they give up to teams like Dallas,KC, and Philly?

Your O be fine, even sleep walking through a half they still managed 25 points. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Because the offense has scored almost nothing in the first 3 quarters the past 3 weeks. Plus, with all the injuries on defense, it is kind of expected that the defense will struggle more.

So, pick your poison. A lot of people want more from the offense. Improved oline. Superstars at QB and WR. Maybe it would be nice if they could be really good and cover for an injury plagued defense...

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 10

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

1. scored 25 points against a team that was 0-24 when a team gets 24 or more points.

2. Got a 3 point lead with I believe 1:54 left in the game.  All the bills D had to do was stop the worst scoring O in the NFL from getting  a TD in order to not lose the game. 

3. Yes the Bills D has a lot of injuries on it, but hello! The Patriots have the worst O and they gave up 29 points to them, more than doubling their normal output.

4. The Bills D per numerous sources only got 22% pressure on Jones who up until Sunday was the most pressured QB in the NFL.

My point? The Bills D would worry more a heck of a lot more than the Bills O because if they gave up 29 to the worst O what will they give up to teams like Dallas,KC, and Philly?

You have to understand Pats half this board absolutely hates Josh Allen and any loss is his fault. You should read the analysis of some of the podcasters blaming Allen for everything.

The other half of this board is analytical and realizes there are other problems at work on this team. 
It’s always been like that with Josh somehow despite leading the team back to take the lead 25-22 it was Allens fault for not being able to rush the passer and get to Mac Jones. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 2

The defense certainly sucked against the Pats so they need blame.

But the offense has been awful the last 3 games.  19 ppg in the last 3 games is not anywhere near our standard.

We went from not punting to probably punting more than anyone in the league in the last few weeks.  We can't even cross midfield on any sort of regular basis.

Our offense isn't injured like our defense.  All of our key contributors are playing and we are struggling.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Because the way to beat bad teams is to score points and end the game.

If the Bills had scored 2-3 TDs in the first half, the game would’ve been over. same with the Giants game.

If you let bad teams hang around, they can get a chance to win. Which is what happened in our last two games.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

But the offense has been awful the last 3 games.  19 ppg in the last 3 games is not anywhere near our standard.

We went from not punting to probably punting more than anyone in the league in the last few weeks.  We can't even cross midfield on any sort of regular basis.

Our offense isn't injured like our defense.  All of our key contributors are playing and we are struggling.

The Bills punted once on Sunday.

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Because the way to beat bad teams is to score points and end the game.

If the Bills had scored 2-3 TDs in the first half, the game would’ve been over. same with the Giants game.

If you let bad teams hang around, they can get a chance to win. Which is what happened in our last two games.

That's exactly what happened to the 49ers two weeks in a row.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

Must mean the offense was really good.

My screen said we had 10 points with 5 minutes left in the fourth. Maybe it was the TV producer’s fault.

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

That's exactly what happened to the 49ers two weeks in a row.

And 49ers lost both games? Was that supposed to help your point lmao?

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I get that! But expecting an offense, even a great offense, to score 30 points to win a game is asking a lot of them. 

The D is injured, but they had the LEAD with less than 2 minutes to go.. facing a frankly BAD O.  They couldn’t stop a bad O. What’s going to happen when the Bills face not only very good O’s but also very good D’s like Dallas and Philly. I mean Sundays Bills D wouldn’t stop Mahomes once and they pull off what the Bills did to NE a few years ago and score TDs on every drive. 

10 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You have to understand Pats half this board absolutely hates Josh Allen and any loss is his fault. You should read the analysis of some of the podcasters blaming Allen for everything.

The other half of this board is analytical and realizes there are other problems at work on this team. 
It’s always been like that with Josh somehow despite leading the team back to take the lead 25-22 it was Allens fault for not being able to rush the passer and get to Mac Jones. 

Josh Allen is worshipped by 99.9% of the fanbase.  You do not need to white knight for him.  Wipe off your chin and go outside.

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Blackbeard said:

I'm focused on Offense because i think it's going to be very difficult to bring in quality help at this point, this season.

SO what do we need to do?  SCORE MORE than the defense will let up.

I may be spoiled but BB would have them do the bend but not break routine waiting for the other team make the mistake. Most teams will. 

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

Because the offense has scored almost nothing in the first 3 quarters the past 3 weeks. Plus, with all the injuries on defense, it is kind of expected that the defense will struggle more.

So, pick your poison. A lot of people want more from the offense. Improved oline. Superstars at QB and WR. Maybe it would be nice if they could be really good and cover for an injury plagued defense...

Exactly.

And if the offense can actually be productive in the first half, and sustain drives, and put some points up - that completely changes the rest of the game.

It means less possessions and scoring chances for the other team. It means our defense is on the field less. It means the opponent changes their play calling. Etc.

It all starts with the Offense.

The Defense, even with all their injuries, did enough through the first 3 quarters that any bit of a complimentary Offense should have given us the lead in the 2nd or early 3rd quarter, and then the rest of the game goes differently.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

I get that! But expecting an offense, even a great offense, to score 30 points to win a game is asking a lot of them. 

The D is injured, but they had the LEAD with less than 2 minutes to go.. facing a frankly BAD O.  They couldn’t stop a bad O. What’s going to happen when the Bills face not only very good O’s but also very good D’s like Dallas and Philly. I mean Sundays Bills D wouldn’t stop Mahomes once and they pull off what the Bills did to NE a few years ago and score TDs on every drive. 

We didn't even need our offense to be great to handle the Giants, Jags and Pats.  

When you have a healthy offense, you shouldn't be relying on an injured defense to win us games.  The offense should be picking it up but instead but instead, they're depending on the defense.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Where did anyone say that?

What I AM expecting is 10-14 points in the 1st half, which makes it a completely different game.

• Like (+1) 1

Uhhhh, maybe because an offense led by Josh Allen and one that averaged 41 PPG in weeks 2-4 after that Jets debacle of a game, can't even average 20 PPG in the last three games against teams currently ranked 19th, 24th, and 25th in scoring D?  

Because one of the best QBs in the league has played to incredibly average standards over the past three weeks?  

Do I win?  

Bueller?  Bueller?  ... anyone?  

:D  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

From my perspective getting the defense back to being a top 3 unit............which is basically the standard McDermott expects........is a multi-player + time on task fix.

And at the same time being that top defense hasn't equated to top defensive play in the playoffs when they face teams loaded with playmakers.

The offense is one very good WR away from being MUCH better, though. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We have a defensive HC, but with Josh Allen at QB, the team’s identity should be the offense. That has to be the unit carrying the franchise, not the decimated defense. The offense hasn’t been carrying anything since the Miami win and if they don’t snap out of it, will be in danger of missing the playoffs.

• Agree 3

21 minutes ago, MJS said:

Exactly this. The defense - and mostly, McD - deserve a lot of the blame last Sunday, but not otherwise. The offense have been bad for the first 3 quarters 3 straight games, and had no injury of note. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.