Time to replace Mitch

Brian Higgins hair

It may be time to sit Morse on the bench.

His pass protection was consistently awful today, and may have reached the point where Father Time has caught up. More of games like today, and Josh’s health will be in jeopardy.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bates start from here on out. 

Edited by Brian Higgins hair
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

I mentioned that in the game thread. He began to struggle at times last year and this season its really apparent.  Today he was an absolute sieve. He's never been a powerful player and now that's he lost a step he's become a liability 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

It may be time to sit Morris on the bench.

His pass protection was consistently awful today, and may have reached the point where Father Time has caught up. More of games like today, and Josh’s health will be in jeopardy.

I’ve been saying it for a couple years.   They approached the weak inside protection by replacing the guards but I’ve seen that Morse was just as much of the problem.  He has often been bullrushed back into Josh but now pash rushers are breaking free.   Sure, many teams have pass protection issues due to the lack of quality O-linemen but good teams figure out how to address it.  Put Gilliam back there as an extra blocker.  What good is it to have 5 receivers out on patterns if Josh doesn’t have the time to find them?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

It may be time to sit Morris on the bench.

Who the ***** is morris? 

The nice thing about needing a center is that usually you can get the best one in the draft with a 2nd round pick.  Same usually goes with guard.  There are always the rare exception where the really good ones go higher, but you can usually get dominant interior guys in the 2nd round.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

You mean what if we had planned well?   

Imagine

Basham instead.  Yet another DL-man.  SMH  

Bingo. And someone here was funny and claimed it would be wasted because Morse was playing great.

The idea of having him play a season or two at guard was lost on them. Wood did it and it worked out fine. 

The starting OL should almost always be the 5 most talented lineman regardless of position.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.