Poor Coaching all the way Around

billsfan_34

Had a thought this game would be a tough one but did not expect a loss. 

Serious questions have to be asked how an inept offense stinks up virtually every week against poor defenses but has a season best against us. I know our offense is always going to get us a win but the D has to keep them sustainable when they’re having a down day…

Bad from the start today. Literally. 

• Like (+1) 1

It’s almost a guarantee now, that if a team needs to drive the field on their last drive against us, they will have zero problem doing so. No matter how terrible their offense is

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Had a thought this game would be a tough one but did not expect a loss. 

Serious questions have to be asked how an inept offense stinks up virtually every week against poor defenses but has a season best against us. I know our offense is always going to get us a win but the D has to keep them sustainable when they’re having a down day…

Bad from the start today. Literally. 

Unfortunately… the offense having a bad day is now 3 weeks long

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It's not so much the simple loss, but the way in which we lost.  Third game in a row where we came in clearly unprepared.  Presumably that jet-lag has worn off.  

If someone were to merely look at the box score without names, they could easily think that this game happened during the Brady years.  

I have no idea what the excuses are going to be.  Yeah yeah, we know, they "have to do better."   

This loss was angering.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

McD once again screws up clock management at the end of the game.  Take the defensive holding penalty.  You need to burn clock, so first and goal from the 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2nd and goal from the 1/2-yard line.  That down is critical.  You have four downs to get two yards, so just sneak it four times, make Belicheat use his TO's and RUN CLOCK.  Why oh why don't you understand this, when a bunch of beer drinkers at TBD do??

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The Bills didn’t tackle well, I guess that’s coaching. Those little TEscreens went for big gains all day. Letting them come down for a TD after  taking a lead, was not indicative of a big time team. Josh and the offense showed incredible heart but Sean has to be bitterly disappointed with that defense. 

10 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

The Bills didn’t tackle well, I guess that’s coaching. Those little TEscreens went for big gains all day. Letting them come down for a TD after  taking a lead, was not indicative of a big time team. Josh and the offense showed incredible heart but Sean has to be bitterly disappointed with that defense. 

We absolutely didn’t tackle well! Add it to the list…

I think the Bills should consider playing the no huddle style, with Josh making reads at the line. The beauty of that offense is that they can’t substitute and now with Kincaid and Cook stepping up we have great options. Plus  plenty of openings for QB runs.

9 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Feel's like thats been the case for about 25 years now. Arm tackles in space aloowing guys to escape for big gains

I guess that’s bad coaching, and Sean is the DC. No excuses.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, NUT said:

Before the season started my view was that both McDemott and Dorsey were going to be liabilities. Yep, could not have been more correct.

I absolutely said the same thing before the season started, about McD.   Not only not being able to coach but he would be a liability because now he has to call the D this year as well. 

I was right and this loss today validates my statement.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nuncha said:

Someone tell the offense there are 4 quarters to the game.  It takes FOREVER for Dorcey to adjust.  

This team's going to get killed this week in the media, local/friendly as well as national.  

8 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

I absolutely said the same thing before the season started, about McD.   Not only not being able to coach but he would be a liability because now he has to call the D this year as well. 

I was right and this loss today validates my statement.  

Fortunately the McD question is beginning to get some traction, as it should.  

40 yard RB screen from Mac Jones on the winning drive. That's insane. It's a head breaker. I'll never come to terms with that being a play a defense can't stop vs Mac Jones on a winning drive. Unbelievable. Hail Murray and 13 seconds are easier to understand a defensive failure on than what we saw today 

Edited by pigpen65
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.