Poona Ford

hellofellowbillsfans

The dude is like 5'8" 310lbs, he isn't a 1T. If we force him into that role, we'll see more of those long runs like the Barkley Trap plays. He's a backup-level rotational DT. I'd be on board with exploring the trade market for a true 1T.

• Agree 1

Outside of the two trap plays that Barkley broke off the Giants didn’t have much success running the ball up the middle. I know Ford was on the field for those trap plays but I don’t think getting caught on the trap was his fault.

Hard to really figure out how he played esp against a bad Giants offensive line.

12 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Outside of the two trap plays that Barkley broke off the Giants didn’t have much success running the ball up the middle. I know Ford was on the field for those trap plays but I don’t think getting caught on the trap was his fault.

Hard to really figure out how he played esp against a bad Giants offensive line.

He was double teamed by center and guard.  Guard got to 2nd level both times to disrupt the linebackers.  

58 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

He was double teamed by center and guard.  Guard got to 2nd level both times to disrupt the linebackers.  

I stand corrected, I thought he got caught penetrating which they had been doing most of the game well. Giants noticed that and took advantage with a couple of traps. The Bills adjusted back quickly. I think a trade for a 1T DT will likely be in the cards come the deadline along with a depth CB due to the fact that Dane's injury is not something that "goes away" really with a few weeks rest. 

I noticed Poona creating huge holes for the Giants to run through. I see why he was usually inactive now. Time to scour the practice squads of other teams.

2 hours ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

What exactly is wrong with Jackson?

All that has been made known as far as I know is that it is a foot.

Edited by JackKemp
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, hellofellowbillsfans said:

how did Poona play last night? It seemed that, outside of the one drive where they gashed us, our Dline dominated the LOS. I'm curious if anyone saw Poona make an impact?

Looking forward to all 22 reviews for Ford, Williams, and Elam. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.