VGK thread

Prospector

It is hockey season, and the least knowledgable fan of hockey (myself) wants a thread for his team ( I will probably me just talking with myself... but oh well). I am a Bills fan, born and raised in Vegas... so I am not a Sabres fan, because I had never watched the NHL until these past few years. I have played NHL '94 on SEGA a crap ton when I was little... but the Sabres were terrible on that game, so I never used them. (I feel like I needed to explain how I could like the Bills and not the Sabres)

Anyways, on to VGK talk! We look strong this year again. Our 2 Goalies, Hill and Thompson look sharp to start the season, and all 8 of our goals have been by different players. The banner raising was pretty cool in Vegas fashion... but tickets are insanely expensive for an  80+ game season. 

PS: I am still so happy we beat the dirtiest trash team in the Flordia Panthers... just a bunch of classless goons who can't play between the whistles. It was fun not only beating them, but beating the ever loving heck out of them physically too! I would like to see the Sabres turn it around after the initial rocky start and meet us in the Stanley Cup! That would be fun!

• Vomit 3
  • Dislike 1

Nothing is fair in sports and credit Vegas for building a winner so quickly but a fanbase whose team has only been in the league for about 5 minutes doesn't deserve a Cup. I am not a Sabres fan (Isles for me) but if any fanbase deserves a championship its Buffalo. I just hope it's a Lombardi as I am a Bills fan. But if the Sabres won the Cup I would be happy for Sabres fans.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Nothing is fair in sports and credit Vegas for building a winner so quickly but a fanbase whose team has only been in the league for about 5 minutes doesn't deserve a Cup. I am not a Sabres fan (Isles for me) but if any fanbase deserves a championship its Buffalo. I just hope it's a Lombardi as I am a Bills fan. But if the Sabres won the Cup I would be happy for Sabres fans.

I get this line of thinking, but I think it's false. I don't think suffering is required to "deserve" success. The whole "deserves" a championship thing is kinda hokey to me. Nothing in life is fair or equal... some fans are lucky to root for a team with early success, and some are unlucky, but I don't think any fan is more deserving than the next. I don't think I am more deserving of a Bills Superbowl than my friend who is a 9ers fan, even though he has celebrated a few SBs. 

Just sounds like sour grapes

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

Fanbases don't deserve anything except entertainment.

23 minutes ago, dhg said:

So, you dont get the correlation? 

No, I do… but this is an off the wall thread about the VGK, not the NBA. I looked for VGK message boards, but they are not nearly as active or well done as this board. This is my 1 stop shop for message boarding

• Dislike 1

11 hours ago, Prospector said:

No, I do… but this is an off the wall thread about the VGK, not the NBA. I looked for VGK message boards, but they are not nearly as active or well done as this board. This is my 1 stop shop for message boarding

Well, eichel, is a little B word who refused Buffalo Sabres medical advise to pursue surgical repair to his back/neck. This is interest because his neck is located under his glutes because his head is up his ass. If you closely you'll see the scars on his necks where they removed his head and neck from his ass.  After he had this performed he left Buffalo and on his way out burned every bridge.

And back in the 1900's something similar happened. The Buffalo Braves were an NBA team that Buffalo for the choice to relocate abroad. The city of Boston was involved, because of course they were. The entire city of Boston decided that since they are purely scum and reek of bad clams that they wanted to bring someone else down to their level. The owner of the Celtics and Braves swapped teams. This pales in comparison to the swap Tom Brady made from leaving a pregnant (at the time), and beautiful Bridget Monayhan to date and marry a horse faced Giselle Bunchen. Once the owners swapped teams the Braves moved to the cesspool we know of as the City of Angels.

So, Eichel and the Clippers both ditched Buffalo in famous douchebag fashion fitting of that of people from Boston: trash.

16 minutes ago, Prospector said:

VGK looked good again VS. the Ducks… Eichel scored one of our 4 goals. Maybe if Buffalo let him get his surgery that allowed him to almost win the Conn Smythe last year, maybe he wouldn’t have been so sour. Who knows, I’m glad he’s a Knight now though

eichel was not the leader the sabres thought he was

He was a spoiled entitled kid who couldn't carry a franchise on his back... Stunted the growth of super star tage Thompson because he wanted to be the guy

Now that the pressure's off he can play hockey again..  but being the savior of a proud franchise was way too much

Edited by Buffalo716

30 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

eichel was not the leader the sabres thought he was

He was a spoiled entitled kid who couldn't carry a franchise on his back... Stunted the growth of super star tage Thompson because he wanted to be the guy

Now that the pressure's off he can play hockey again..  but being the savior of a proud franchise was way too much

I agree with all of that

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 7:52 PM, SinceThe70s said:

I'm an Islanders fan. Went to the game last night and they won. I'm happy about that. I doubt that many others on this board GAF, much less care to discuss. Decided to post here instead of starting a new thread. Have a nice day.

Sounds like you have issues because you posted here… Eichel and Carrier scored tonight. If the Sabres let him get the surgery he needed, maybe he wouldn’t have left with such disdain. Either way, thank you for bumping my thread, making it easier for me to find

• Dislike 1

On 10/14/2023 at 8:03 PM, dhg said:

So, you dont get the correlation? 

Lol, I do, do you not get the idea of personal interests and likes? And the super awesome idea to make a VGK thread so our super awesome mods don’t ban me for being extra supportive of Eichel and Carrier? But I get the correlation, maybe make your own thread about the NBA if you feel neglected 

• Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Prospector said:

Sounds like you have issues because you posted here… Eichel and Carrier scored tonight. If the Sabres let him get the surgery he needed, maybe he wouldn’t have left with such disdain. Either way, thank you for bumping my thread, making it easier for me to find

I have many issues - starting with the Isles blowing a 3-1 lead to a team that always has our number. 

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.