Deutsche Bank refused loan to Trump to buy Buffalo Bills

Guffalo

• 2 weeks later...

From the TSW news page:

‘Forbes valued the Bills at $3.7 billion in August – that’s up $1.4 billion in two years. Team owners Terry and Kim Pegula bought the team for $1.4 billion in 2014.’

The Germans build better cars than they are investors.

• Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, boater said:

From the TSW news page:

The Germans build better cars than they are investors.

The bank turned down a loan to someone they deemed a bad credit risk. Even if they had approved the loan, they wouldn't have been buying shares of the team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

The bank turned down a loan to someone they deemed a bad credit risk. Even if they had approved the loan, they wouldn't have been buying shares of the team.

As a former banker I can tell you one of the worst mistakes you can make is doing a deal because you feel good about the collateral. YOU are making a LOAN, not buying an asset. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Making a loan decision based on feelings about collateral can indeed lead to risky situations. It's all about sound financial judgment when it comes to lending.

By the way, if you ever need financial advice, whether it's about loans, mortgages, or any other money matters, consider talking to a Mortgage Broker in Cheltenham. They can provide expert insights and help you make the most informed decisions. Here's to making wise financial choices!

Edited by IzabellaRose

16 hours ago, mead107 said:

Probably would have had an enclosed stadium by 

now 

52 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

In Toronto! 😆 

Or L.A.

And I think we all know whose name would be on the stadium.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

On 10/27/2023 at 6:13 PM, mead107 said:

Probably would have had an enclosed stadium by 

now 

Yes in Queens because that is where Donald Trump would have most likely moved the Buffalo Bills to in the MLS soccer stadium going up in Queens for New York City FC MLS that would have been a bigger domed stadium with potentially the Donald Trump New York (Bills) Trumps in it. The Bills team would have most likely been renamed Trumps because Donald Trump puts his name on everything he buys. How I come to that conclusion is look at the New Jersey Generals USFL under Donald Trump. If the USFL was awarded more money than $3. Donald Trump was going to move the New Jersey Generals to Shea Stadium and call them New York Generals. There is no way someone that likes the art of the deal like Donald Trump is running the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo. If Trump acquired the Bills he would have sued his way out of the 10 years lease that the Ralph Wilson ownership signed. As a Buffalo Bills fan I don’t have a doubt that Donald Trump would move the Bills to New York City and not think twice about it. The Rogers group the Buffalo Bills would have eventually been in Toronto. I don’t have a doubt about that either. Just like I don’t have a doubt if the Buffalo Bills were put up for sale tomorrow Delaware North Jacobs family would own the Buffalo Bills. Because 10 years makes a huge difference gambling isn’t frown upon like 10 years ago by the NFL owners. The Jacobs family couldn’t bid because of West Virginia Racetrack and gambling holdings if I recall. The group of ownership groups bidding would be larger and much wealthier than Trump, Rodgers and and even Pegula. Even the Jacobs family or the Pegula family would need partners today from a group most likely because of the raising costs of NFL franchises today. Most people aren’t walking around with $5 or $6 billion dollars to pay for a NFL franchise that doesn’t even include the cost of constructing a NFL stadium either privately or public/private partnership in Buffalo’s case in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Stupid bank.    Trump would have fired Mcclappy after the Bengals game.  

He wouldn't have hired McD in the first place; we'd still have the ignorant blowhard (Rex) as our HC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/1/2023 at 4:23 PM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Of courses they did.  he's a shyster.  so why does this topic fly in off the Wall?

I titled it as such because its not a political issue, just an observation of how a financial institution proceeded in relation to a persons' interested in our team. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Guffalo said:

I titled it as such because its not a political issue, just an observation of how a financial institution proceeded in relation to a persons' interested in our team. 

This is not political to me at all. They turned me down too and I have to admit I was kinda pissed at the time. But things have turned out fine with me on the fringes, instead. 

The title is factual and fair, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

here's the issue.  Facts are now fluid....Deutsche bank has been in trouble.  big fines.  Who do we believe?  The lender or potential borrower?

Oh, I know who I believe, but I’m not going there. Not here, not in a bar next to some guy. Nothing is gained. Nobody is persuaded. 

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.