Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

Hamas May Not Have Enough Living Hostages for Cease-Fire Deal

Conservative criminal defense attorney and columnist Marina Medvin called it a "devastating Hostage negotiations update" because that's exactly what it is. In the ongoing negotiations between Israel and the Hamas terror organization, Hamas officials now say that "they wouldn’t commit to releasing 40 living hostages but could commit to 40 hostages total, dead or alive."

"Instead, the militant group has been unable to confirm that it has enough civilian hostages to fulfill its end of the deal in the initial phase of the proposed plan," according to the Wall Street Journal.

Medvin added, "Israeli military did not comment on estimates of how many hostages may remain alive."

Sometimes, there's nothing worse than being right, and this is one of those times.

Two weeks ago, I came to the sad conclusion that Hamas probably has "few or no living hostages left to trade. Through abuse, neglect, or just Hamas terrorists getting its thrills, the hostages might all be dead."

The hostages include — or, I should say, included — six Americans that, to the best of my knowledge, Presidentish Joe Biden has never raised as an issue with Hamas. I also can't find any record of Biden mentioning any of those six Americans by name. That might be an unprecedented (but certainly intentional) lapse by an American president. It also gives lie to Biden's claim that his support for Israel is "ironclad" since he won't provide as little as lip service to Hamas' American hostages.

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/hamas-may-not-have-enough-living-hostages-for-cease-fire-deal-61606c66

And Israel might

have killed the hostages

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

And Israel might

have killed the hostages

Unbelievable post.

Any accusation that Israel may be responsible for killing hostages, taken by Hamas during a barbaric attack and held for months,  is disgusting.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Unbelievable post.

Any accusation that Israel may be responsible for killing hostages, taken by Hamas during a barbaric attack and held for months,  is disgusting.

They were dropping two thousand pound bombs on the area. You say that there in no possibility they hit hostages? Seriously? 

@Irv You Bastard!

image.png.8484456ef7f1c0d30a0561a20d22db39.png

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They were dropping two thousand pound bombs on the area. You say that there in no possibility they hit hostages? Seriously?

image.png.8484456ef7f1c0d30a0561a20d22db39.png

I have come to the conclusion that you have the mind of a ten year old.

WHEN YOU TAKE HOSTAGES, AKIN TO KIDNAPPING, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEM.

Other than gross disregard, which nobody has ever accused the Israelis of, and shouldn't, It is not on the other party, trying to liberate them, to be held accountable.

You have already demonstrated your ignorance of the reason for 2000# bombs, which I explained, and that has nothing to do with kidnappers stealing hostages.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I have come to the conclusion that you have the mind of a ten year old.

WHEN YOU TAKE HOSTAGES, AKIN TO KIDNAPPING, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEM.

Other than gross disregard, which nobody has ever accused the Israelis of, and shouldn't, It is not on the other party, trying to liberate them, to be held accountable.

You have already demonstrated your ignorance of the reason for 2000# bombs, which I explained, and that has nothing to do with kidnappers stealing hostages.

Ya, chatting with you makes me feel like a ten year old, so that's on you.

I agree, Hamas is responsible, still, bombing the hell out of the area where you know your people are can and probably did lead to the deaths of the hostages

I mean, listen, you argued that Israel did not target the aid convoy on purpose--ya right--so if they make mistakes like that, those 2000 pound bombs could kill hostages

Are you still waiting on the investigation of that?

39 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I have no interest in reading what you write.

'Cause you know I'm right

24 minutes ago, Irv said:

Simple solution.  What a mess.  

menu_photos_nagasaki.jpg

That was 1945!

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

More of you claiming you know what people think.

I think you're a total goof.

I can either continue to respond to nonsense, or not. 

I know what my choice is.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

That was 1945!

Wow.  A ***** history major.  Real proud of ya!  

What a mess.  

On 10/7/2023 at 2:43 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

wWasn’t this the funding the Whitehouse announced September 11th? 

idiots, just completely incompetent 

Kuwait needs a come to Jesus moment.

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Simple solution.  What a mess.  

menu_photos_nagasaki.jpg

Thanks to Trump Iran can now build a nuke a lot sooner. Those speed bumps Obama built are gone, thanks to Trump.

What a mess!

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

Thanks to Trump Iran can now build a nuke a lot sooner. Those speed bumps Obama built are gone, thanks to Trump.

What a mess!

Keep telling yourself that.  

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sure, the truth will set us free

Trump helped Iran

What a mess!

Another lie.  Pinocchio is envious of your skill.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tommy Callahan said:

Iran is supported by Russia and China

And the other way around! Trump's buddy Putin gets drones from Iran. So Trump is a just once removed ally of Iran

• Vomit 2

My family members in Palestine seen the rocket attacks overhead all night. This is horrible. Iran made a terrible mistake. They have nothing on the US, Israel and Jordan. They will regret this. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/12/2024 at 12:50 PM, Tiberius said:

Ya, chatting with you makes me feel like a ten year old, so that's on you.

I agree, Hamas is responsible, still, bombing the hell out of the area where you know your people are can and probably did lead to the deaths of the hostages

I mean, listen, you argued that Israel did not target the aid convoy on purpose--ya right--so if they make mistakes like that, those 2000 pound bombs could kill hostages

Are you still waiting on the investigation of that?

Do yourself a favor and don’t even bother. This dude you’re talking to is a boot-licker. He’s biased and can’t be reasoned with. Let’s just put it this way… if someone kidnapped my kids I wouldn’t try to get them back by blowing everything up and starving them. There’s some responsibility on their shoulders for the deaths without question. Hamas shouldn’t have taken hostages in the first place but it’s no surprise many have died under their watch. Many of the hostages family members blame Israel too. He’ll ignore this last point too. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Demented Biden too busy creating new wars to do anything. Thankfully Larry and Fred can get their third trimester abortion. What a ***** mess.  

I love how they’re calling it an unprovoked attack. I also love it how their social media mouth pieces are going around saying the Sydney stabbing were done by an Islamist and was a terrorist attack even though he wasn’t. Lying is like breathing to these MFers. 

In the west bank the settlers are burning down homes, murdering Palestinians and even killing their livestock. Not a peep from you zios on here. You’re all morally bankrupt. Fake ass MFers. 

2 hours ago, Justice said:

I love how they’re calling it an unprovoked attack. I also love it how their social media mouth pieces are going around saying the Sydney stabbing were done by an Islamist and was a terrorist attack even though he wasn’t. Lying is like breathing to these MFers. 

In the west bank the settlers are burning down homes, murdering Palestinians and even killing their livestock. Not a peep from you zios on here. You’re all morally bankrupt. Fake ass MFers. 

On Israel itself?  Yeah it was.  Israel took out a terrorist at a terrorist facility, er, embassy in Syria.  If Israel decided to attack inside Iran, I wouldn't be surprised.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

On Israel itself?  Yeah it was.  Israel took out a terrorist at a terrorist facility, er, embassy in Syria.  If Israel decided to attack inside Iran, I wouldn't be surprised.

They will respond and it won’t be pretty. Iran messed up. 

• Like (+1) 1

Iran(America's enemy) attacks Israel, with little to no casualties.  The GQP immediately signals that aid is crucial, and will be first thing on the docket.  Russia(GQP's ally) INVADES sovereign nation Ukraine, and MJ mulls over the idea of floating a loan with private citizen trump.  Why even have a House, if it's controlled by one UNELECTED citizen, who supports Putin.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

20 hours ago, Justice said:

In their partial defense, Justice, they’re being fed a steady dose of Zionist propaganda from corporate media and/or independent far-right media. Most here are likely unaware of the recent settler rampages in the West Bank.

Now seems like a good time to update my post on the ongoing genocide (page 183 of this thread; March 4). As a reminder to the readership, systemic reckless indifference to civilian casualties can constitute legal proof of genocidal intent. We don’t need to wait for Bibi to hold up a sign that states, “Hey everyone! I am officially committing genocide!” We don’t need a particular minimum number of casualties. We don’t need to see red-soaked, red-handed IDF hands holding Hutu-fashioned machetes. Not every genocide looks the same.

Further evidence of genocide:

1. The aforementioned systemic heedlessness toward civilian casualties: Euro-Med HRM can’t report as often because virtually all aspects of societal order in Gaza have collapsed. Nevertheless, the latest update on April 3 reports 37,676 civilian deaths and 3,280 combatant deaths for a historically unacceptable 9.86:1 civilian casualty ratio (for comparison: the overall ratio for WW2 was no worse than 2:1). This is the numerical consequence of indiscriminate bombing and AI programs like “Lavender” and “Where’s Daddy.” There are also numerous reports of Gazans being killed despite waiving white flags.

2. Weaponizing famine: significant delays and restrictions (~70%) to food convoys, cancelling UNRWA, widespread destruction of Gazan farmland, and of course the World Central Kitchen murders that fit within this larger pattern of similar behavior.

3. Targeting health care workers: Never mind the near-complete eradication of Gaza’s hospital infrastructure; a frightening number of reports have been coming out of hospital staff members being deliberately targeted, such as those at Gaza’s critical Al-Shifa Hospital. The IDF have also destroyed most Red Crescent vehicles in Gaza, in addition to the Palestine RC Society headquarters in Khan Younis.

4. Suppressing war crime coverage: Al Jazeera was recently banned throughout Israel. Gaza has now set the record for the most journalists killed in one location within one year. There are also numerous reports of IDF bulldozers burying bodies before Gazans can get to them.

Poopiness…gotta get ready for work…later today or tonight, I want to post additional thoughts on the “intent” component behind Israel’s genocide. I’m sorry your people are experiencing this, Justice. I wish I could do more to help than write super lengthy posts that no one reads, in a sad politics subforum of a perennially disappointing pro football team.

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

In their partial defense, Justice, they’re being fed a steady dose of Zionist propaganda from corporate media and/or independent far-right media. Most here are likely unaware of the recent settler rampages in the West Bank.

Now seems like a good time to update my post on the ongoing genocide (page 183 of this thread; March 4). As a reminder to the readership, systemic reckless indifference to civilian casualties can constitute legal proof of genocidal intent. We don’t need to wait for Bibi to hold up a sign that states, “Hey everyone! I am officially committing genocide!” We don’t need a particular minimum number of casualties. We don’t need to see red-soaked, red-handed IDF hands holding Hutu-fashioned machetes. Not every genocide looks the same.

Further evidence of genocide:

1. The aforementioned systemic heedlessness toward civilian casualties: Euro-Med HRM can’t report as often because virtually all aspects of societal order in Gaza have collapsed. Nevertheless, the latest update on April 3 reports 37,676 civilian deaths and 3,280 combatant deaths for a historically unacceptable 9.86:1 civilian casualty ratio (for comparison: the overall ratio for WW2 was no worse than 2:1). This is the numerical consequence of indiscriminate bombing and AI programs like “Lavender” and “Where’s Daddy.” There are also numerous reports of Gazans being killed despite waiving white flags.

2. Weaponizing famine: significant delays and restrictions (~70%) to food convoys, cancelling UNRWA, widespread destruction of Gazan farmland, and of course the World Central Kitchen murders that fit within this larger pattern of similar behavior.

3. Targeting health care workers: Never mind the near-complete eradication of Gaza’s hospital infrastructure; a frightening number of reports have been coming out of hospital staff members being deliberately targeted, such as those at Gaza’s critical Al-Shifa Hospital. The IDF have also destroyed most Red Crescent vehicles in Gaza, in addition to the Palestine RC Society headquarters in Khan Younis.

4. Suppressing war crime coverage: Al Jazeera was recently banned throughout Israel. Gaza has now set the record for the most journalists killed in one location within one year. There are also numerous reports of IDF bulldozers burying bodies before Gazans can get to them.

Poopiness…gotta get ready for work…later today or tonight, I want to post additional thoughts on the “intent” component behind Israel’s genocide. I’m sorry your people are experiencing this, Justice. I wish I could do more to help than write super lengthy posts that no one reads, in a sad politics subforum of a perennially disappointing pro football team.

Wow! So 24 hours later and no responses from the pro-Zionism crowd?? Not even a perfunctory eyeroll or mock laugh emoji reaction? THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING. Moving on…

Let me address the “intent” component of Israel’s genocide. Political analysts fixate on the overly retributive self-defense explanation, as well as an explanation imbued with religious directives. Both are obviously true to some extent, but in my opinion Jared Diamond-esque geopolitical explanations are far more instructive. Israel is a modern-day case study in settler colonialism, so this is more about geography and the age-old motivations of land grabs and natural resource seizures for the purposes of wealth and power aggregation. In three ways this appears to be true:

1. Gaza: It’s at a strategically situated position on the Mediterranean, with potential for a far greater seaport, prime coastal real estate development, and untapped offshore natural gas fields. Ethnic cleansing removes the indigenous people in the way; genocide thins the herd and expedites the cleansing.

2. West Bank: Its western geographical limit is as few as 12 miles away from the Mediterranean Sea coast at Tel Aviv. The western frontier of the West Bank also features a bunch of hills perched above the lowland bottleneck of Israel’s middle section. A military strategist might argue that this is a natural military “choke point,” and that losing sudden control of it would easily cut off Israel’s two halves from each other. This is likely a big reason why Israel is accelerating its illegal settlement encroachment into this particular area of the West Bank, while the slaughtering continues unabated in Gaza.

3. Negev Desert: It’s an extensive region of land that still remains significantly underutilized, in terms of desert agriculture methods and natural resource extraction. Israel understands that a two-state solution with a non-contiguous Palestine (or a non-contiguous Israel) can’t relieve certain levels of tension (partly due to national transportation logistics), and that contiguity may likely require relinquishing this connecting region between Gaza and the West Bank (a region, by the way, that contains Israel’s critical nuclear weapons facility near Dimona). It’s in Israel’s interest, therefore, to remove Gaza from the entire equation of negotiation.

Summary: I think geopolitical explanations are more fundamental. Retributive self-defense and religion are what settler colonialists tell others and each other to justify their horrible behavior.

Thoughts?? Am I right? Wrong? Can I at least get an eyeroll acknowledgment, pretty please?! Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1