Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

44 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

@sherpaclearly deduced my vicinity when he invited me over the mountain.  But he's much smarter than you....

Didn’t mean to trigger you but I think you are to blame for incredibly imprecise wording. I would think someone of superior intellect like yourself would have more success with math and maps. Four hours south of Richmond and you are visiting Pedro at South of The Border. Weather report - chili today, hot tamale! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Didn’t mean to trigger you but I think you are to blame for incredibly imprecise wording. I would think someone of superior intellect like yourself would have more success with math and maps. Four hours south of Richmond and you are visiting Pedro at South of The Border. Weather report - chili today, hot tamale! 

yes, i tried to avoid higher math thru school but not entirely possible.  Chemical kinetics f'in sucked.  just memorized long equations to make it thru.  never took a geography class.  btw, Wash is NE of richmond.  I'm SW

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=washington+to+richmond&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

yes, i tried to avoid higher math thru school but not entirely possible.  Chemical kinetics f'in sucked.  just memorized long equations to make it thru.  never took a geography class.  btw, Wash is NE of richmond.  I'm SW

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=washington+to+richmond&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

No worries. You f up here regularly. No biggie. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

The only map he knows is "The hip bone's connected to the leg bone...."

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Because you use your so-called experiences to back up your arguments on this board. 

So, what years were those again? 

You really don't pay attention to what other's post, and it is clearly evident.

A couple of weeks ago, I believe in this very thread, I wrote a lengthy post about responding to the Iranian takeover of the US Embassy in Tehran; the resulting hostage situation, and Kitty Hawk being turned around from going home to heading to the Arabian Sea and picking up the ill fated helos that were destroyed at Desert One.

I also discussed the planning of eliminating two Iranian Air Bases in response to a query from Fergy.

You should be aware of when that historic event occurred, as it significantly effected US foreign policy and a presidential election.

You seem to not be able to connect dots.

Anyway, my squadron deployed on Kitty Hawk and as part of that embarked airwing, I made two cruises on Kitty Hawk during the ship's WESTPAC/Indian Ocean operations from 79-81.

https://www.navysite.de/cvn/cv63deploy.htm

Scroll down to April 30 1979 and April 1 1981 deployments.

I have over 200 of my 300 carrier arrested landings, called "traps," 100 at night on Kitty Hawk, and pages and pages of logbook entries recording those "so called experiences" to use your phrase your foolish doubt.

The picture I included months ago of me after pre-flighting the alert 15 airplane  carrying Sidewinders, APAM and HARM missiles is on Kitty Hawk.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/10/2023 at 9:28 PM, Andy1 said:

The world needs more moderate voices connected to the Israel-Palestinian conflict to speak out. As an outside observer, it seems to me that the extremists define the issues so often. I like to think that most people, the silent majority, are not on the extremes and just want to live peacefully. 

I believe that as long as the Palestinian people allow Hamas to exist, they will forever be suffering. Hamas will continue to attack Israel and the cycle of violence will continue, to the delight of Hamas. Sadly, as in every war, innocent people are suffering and dying. Hamas wanted this war.

Under the right conditions, wars can be followed by peace, but both sides have to want stability and peace more than they want revenge. When the culture celebrates every Palestinian who dies as a martyr, they don’t seem ready for peace. I don’t think a single state solution would ever be accepted by Israel since Isralis would not want to be out numbered by Palestinians. Peace seemed so close during the Clinton administration and so far away now. Both sides need leaders who want peace more than war. It’s a totally f’d up situation. 

I suppose when you have nothing to live for some might start looking for things to die for. All of my Palestinian-American friends and relatives are well off. None of us want to be a martyr. 

22 hours ago, Andy1 said:

This is a good sign. Maybe the civilians are fed up with Hamas.

Of course they are but people keep harping over a election that took place almost 20 years ago smh 

3 hours ago, Justice said:

I suppose when you have nothing to live for some might start looking for things to die for.

I guess I don’t understand the martyr mentality. Maybe it’s a psychological way to rationalize the tragic death of loved ones. Acknowledging the deaths of loved ones as unnecessary and a waste is tough to do.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, sherpa said:

A couple of weeks ago, I believe in this very thread, I wrote a lengthy post about responding to the Iranian takeover of the US Embassy in Tehran; the resulting hostage situation, and Kitty Hawk being turned around from going home to heading to the Arabian Sea and picking up the ill fated helos that were destroyed at Desert One.

I also discussed the planning of eliminating two Iranian Air Bases in response to a query from Fergy.

You should be aware of when that historic event occurred, as it significantly effected US foreign policy and a presidential election.

Anyway, my squadron deployed on Kitty Hawk and as part of that embarked airwing, I made two cruises on Kitty Hawk during the ship's WESTPAC/Indian Ocean operations from 79-81.

I have over 200 of my 300 carrier arrested landings, called "traps," 100 at night on Kitty Hawk, and pages and pages of logbook entries recording those "so called experiences" to use your phrase your foolish doubt.

The picture I included months ago of me after pre-flighting the alert 15 airplane  carrying Sidewinders, APAM and HARM missiles is on Kitty Hawk.  

Interesting, Why did you say Air Craft Carriers do not do humanitarian missions? 

• Vomit 1

19 hours ago, sherpa said:

IT desperately wants to Dox you.   

or date you.

33 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Interesting, Why did you say Air Craft Carriers do not do humanitarian missions? 

They are aircraft carriers, not "Air Craft Carriers."

I was talking about their use in the context of the two deployed there at this time.

Both have full airwings embarked on them and are in war zones and possible war zones.

It is possible to use one for a humanitarian mission without an operating airwing embarked, such as a earthquake or something in the western hemisphere. 

With an airwing aboard, an aircraft carrier is an extremely dangerous place.

There is no additional room for anyone.

The flight deck is probably the most dangerous work space on earth, and nobody would be allowed up there during flight operations. You can get killed or thrust overboard in a second.

The hangar deck is always busy, but the huge openings where the elevators operate would be a likely place to fall overboard.

There is no extra bunkrooms. It would take huge amounts of human resources to control whomever was boarded, and that manpower does not exist.

As they are either in, or could be in war zones, there are times when general quarters was sounded, and there is not place to put them while the ship addresses the threat.

In addition, there are other, better options. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

They are aircraft carriers, not "Air Craft Carriers."

I was talking about their use in the context of the two deployed there at this time.

Both have full airwings embarked on them and are in war zones and possible war zones.

It is possible to use one for a humanitarian mission without an operating airwing embarked, such as a earthquake or something in the western hemisphere. 

With an airwing aboard, an aircraft carrier is an extremely dangerous place.

There is no additional room for anyone.

The flight deck is probably the most dangerous work space on earth, and nobody would be allowed up there during flight operations. You can get killed or thrust overboard in a second.

The hangar deck is always busy, but the huge openings where the elevators operate would be a likely place to fall overboard.

There is no extra bunkrooms. It would take huge amounts of human resources to control whomever was boarded, and that manpower does not exist.

As they are either in, or could be in war zones, there are times when general quarters was sounded, and there is not place to put them while the ship addresses the threat.

In addition, there are other, better options. 

But the kitty hawk engaged in a humanitarian mission in 1979 

• Vomit 1

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Gazans turn on Hamas as food shortage fuels disorder. 

Palestinians arm themselves to collect bread and hurl rocks at terror group’s police.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/11/11/gazans-turn-on-hamas-as-food-shortage-fuel-fears-starvation/

Good. Hopefully they will kill them and we can get on to peace talks 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

But the kitty hawk engaged in a humanitarian mission in 1979 

They didn't get on the carrier.

The Kitty Hawk task force spotted a group of about 20 or so Vietnamese refugees on a boat and they were fished out of the water, placed aboard other ships in the task force and dropped off by at the next port.

Calling that a "humanitarian mission" executed by an aircraft carrier is grossly misleading.

Carriers in third fleet, which is what ships in the US area are assigned to have provided humanitarian aid after hurricanes as with Katrina, but not with an airwing embarked and certainly not in a war zone.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, sherpa said:

They didn't get on the carrier.

The Kitty Hawk task force spotted a group of about 20 or so Vietnamese refugees on a boat and they were fished out of the water, placed aboard other ships in the task force and dropped off by at the next port.

Calling that a "humanitarian mission" executed by an aircraft carrier is grossly misleading.

Carriers in third fleet, which is what ships in the US area are assigned to have provided humanitarian aid after hurricanes as with Katrina, but not with an airwing embarked and certainly not in a war zone.

No, it was. 

Free Speech in Israel is under savage attack 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/israel-s-free-speech-crackdown-war-inside-of-a-war/ar-AA1jMN7f

• Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

I'm almost embarrassed for him at this point.

Not his fault. The press release from the Carter era DOD kind of claims that, but if was "Hey, if you see some floaters let us know,." Nothing unusual about that. Somebody spotted a boat and they looked to be in a bad way and they grabbed them and got them to the next port. The entire thing took about a day and didn't stop the usual stuff the airwing was doing

Saying it was a carrier task force on a humanitarian mission is kind of like me claiming I was on a humanitarian mission if I help a kid cross the street.

Kitty Hawk also hit some stupid Russian sub and did the sub some serious damage. The carrier didn't even know for a bit.

Same logic/nonsense would have been for DOD to claim that Kitty Hawk completed a successful sub hunting and attacking  mission.

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

You’ve almost got him. Please, please, please keep going. You can do this. 

🤦‍♂️🤦🤦‍♀️

Matthew 7:15 

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Totally agree

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/11/13/israel-us-155mm-artillery/

A group of civil society organizations urged the Biden administration on Monday to forgo supplying artillery shells to Israel, reflecting the mounting pressure the United States faces over its support for the Israeli campaign against Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip.

Sign up for Fact Checker, our weekly review of what's true, false or in-between in politics.

In a letter to Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, more than 30 U.S.-based aid, advocacy and religious organizations including Oxfam America, Amnesty International and the Center for Civilians in Conflict (CIVIC) expressed alarm about the Pentagon’s plan to provide the Israel Defense Forces 155-mm artillery munitions from a special American weapons stockpile in that country.

“Under the current circumstances, granting the government of Israel access to these munitions would undermine the protection of civilians, respect for international humanitarian law [IHL], and the credibility of the Biden administration,” the groups wrote in their letter, a copy of which was obtained by The Washington Post. “Simply put, it is difficult to imagine a scenario in which high explosive 155mm artillery shells could be used in Gaza in compliance with IHL.”

• Vomit 1

10 minutes ago, Justice said:

Oh my you are special 

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/H3bkRiDBhXA

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/FOkDAVyfmOE

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/sJWmn9mXxeA

japanese girl acts like npc on tiktok live - YouTube

NPC videos for simps

and she nailed it as most of the ones parroting the talking points are the same current thing folks that were mad about whatever was in the cycle last month.  

its funny as the current thing folks all read like NPC on the same script.

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Matthew 7:15 

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

If you are insinuating something, stop the nonsense and say it.

If you can't say it, shut up.

Beware of idiots who waste everyone's time. Sherpa 1:1

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/H3bkRiDBhXA

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/sJWmn9mXxeA

japanese girl acts like npc on tiktok live - YouTube

NPC videos for simps

and she nailed it as most of the ones parroting the talking points are the same current thing folks that were mad about whatever was in the cycle last month.  

its funny as the current thing folks all read like NPC on the same script.

This explains a lot about you