Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

3 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

@Westside what is the need for the trans nonsense? It's counterproductive to the discussion. 

Billsy, I have no issue with telling people of any race creed or color to stop being asshats. Now that you see I can tell people on "my side" to knock off the insults,  can you knock them off yourself?

Is that worse than being called a nazi racist?

18 minutes ago, Irv said:

I know you skipped school when they taught school, but it's "lasers" and "Pittsburgh".   At least you got Charlottesville right.   What a mess.

At least I didn't miss what happened

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Racism was on the decline but the Dems needed something so they revived it with all the BLM/defund the police stuff, with a major assist from the MSM.  

Oh ya, build the wall, muslim ban, good people on both sides, etc. etc 

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Irv said:

So, a couple of notes here.  

1. Joe Ferguson Forever contacted me and he said he was in the hospital.  Sounded like he's had his fill with PPP.
  2. While I appreciate Justice's well-thought-out posts, please put away the tinfoil hat.  No way Israel planned to have this happen.  No way.  If it were true and the Israeli's found out, Netanyahu would be executed in under an hour.
  3. While I knew there was a lot of hatred for Jews outside the US, I'm surprised how much there is here in the States.  Seeing kids on college campuses protest and call for the death of Israeli's and Jews is very disturbing.  You can't say ***** about gays or the transgender community on these campuses but killing Jews is OK?  WTF.
  4. I'm old enough to remember dumb ass Jimmy Carter standing there on the WH lawn with Begin and Sadat after the Camp David Accords, with that stupid grin on his face, declaring peace in the Middle East.  IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.  If it's not ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah, BLM, Larry, Moe, or Curly declaring jihad on the Jews, then it will be somebody else.  
  5. What
  6.  a
  7. Mess!   

#2. Is this a request or a order?

#4. Yup. 

It is simply implausible to seriously consider that Netanyahu would be aware of this and not prevent it.

His biography is incredible.

Wounded many times during military service away from college.

MIT and Harvard.

Masters in two years while taking time to fight various Israeli wars.

His family are Israeli martyrs.

To think he would desecrate the memories of his father or brother is simply the fantasies of reality denying fools. 

Those things mean a great deal to these people.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Burning up people?

Video filmed on Wednesday of an Israeli strike on Gaza City port appears to show the use of white phosphorus, according to Brian Castner, a weapons investigator with Amnesty International, who reviewed the video at the Post’s request.

Are you on Telegram? Subscribe to our channel for the latest updates on Russia’s war in Ukraine.

Human Rights Watch published an analysis Thursday confirming white phosphorus was used at the port, based in part on the same video in addition to two witnesses who noted the stifling, characteristic smell.

The Israel Defense Forces denied the weapon’s use in a statement on Friday, saying the “accusation made against the IDF regarding the use of white phosphorus in Gaza is unequivocally false. The IDF has not deployed the use of such munitions.” They provided no additional evidence to support this statement.

The video, which was verified by The Washington Post, shows two artillery shells fired in quick succession toward the target. When the artillery-fired munition explodes, the white phosphorus automatically ignites in the air, creating white lines followed by a thick smoke.

Smoke from Israeli bombardment is pictured over the Gaza City seaport on Wednesday. (Mohammed Abed/AFP/Getty Images)

Human Rights Watch identified airburst 155mm white phosphorus artillery projectiles were used in the strike. They condemned the use of the chemical, which can severely burn people and set fire to civilian structures, in such a densely populated area.

What is white phosphorus?

“Any time that white phosphorus is used in crowded civilian areas, it poses a high risk of excruciating burns and lifelong suffering,” said Lama Fakih, Middle East and North Africa director at Human Rights Watch in a statement Thursday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/12/white-phosphorus-israel-gaza-strike-video/

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

1- I hope he is ok

3- I really convinced myself this generation would be when racism died. Almost seems like the opposite is true. 

It’s alive and well…

humans are gonna human I guess

It’s on us. I did my part. I raised 3 children to be great young adults and taught them not to hate anyone. That’s all we can do. 

3 minutes ago, sherpa said:

It is simply implausible to seriously consider that Netanyahu would be aware of this and not prevent it.

His biography is incredible.

Wounded many times during military service away from college.

MIT and Harvard.

Masters in two years while taking time to fight various Israeli wars.

His family are Israeli martyrs.

To think he would desecrate the memories of his father or brother is simply the fantasies of reality denying fools. 

Those things mean a great deal to these people.

Oh on the contrary. He might believe sacrificing a few pawns in order to retake Gaza is the most patriotic thing he can do. 

Getting killed never stopped anyone from doing anything heinous. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Burning up people?

Video filmed on Wednesday of an Israeli strike on Gaza City port appears to show the use of white phosphorus, according to Brian Castner, a weapons investigator with Amnesty International, who reviewed the video at the Post’s request.

Are you on Telegram? Subscribe to our channel for the latest updates on Russia’s war in Ukraine.

Human Rights Watch published an analysis Thursday confirming white phosphorus was used at the port, based in part on the same video in addition to two witnesses who noted the stifling, characteristic smell.

The Israel Defense Forces denied the weapon’s use in a statement on Friday, saying the “accusation made against the IDF regarding the use of white phosphorus in Gaza is unequivocally false. The IDF has not deployed the use of such munitions.” They provided no additional evidence to support this statement.

The video, which was verified by The Washington Post, shows two artillery shells fired in quick succession toward the target. When the artillery-fired munition explodes, the white phosphorus automatically ignites in the air, creating white lines followed by a thick smoke.

Smoke from Israeli bombardment is pictured over the Gaza City seaport on Wednesday. (Mohammed Abed/AFP/Getty Images)

Human Rights Watch identified airburst 155mm white phosphorus artillery projectiles were used in the strike. They condemned the use of the chemical, which can severely burn people and set fire to civilian structures, in such a densely populated area.

“Any time that white phosphorus is used in crowded civilian areas, it poses a high risk of excruciating burns and lifelong suffering,” said Lama Fakih, Middle East and North Africa director at Human Rights Watch in a statement Thursday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/12/white-phosphorus-israel-gaza-strike-video/

Seems like just yesterday you were defending the use of other illegal weapons like cluster munitions and spent uranium.

Did human rights also point out that none of the terrorist used helmets on the motor bikes or little airplanes while slaughtering civilians (war crime)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Justice said:

It’s on us. I did my part. I raised 3 children to be great young adults and taught them not to hate anyone. That’s all we can do. 

Oh on the contrary. He might believe sacrificing a few pawns in order to retake Gaza is the most patriotic thing he can do. 

He could have taken Gaza without this wacky, imaginary scheme.

The assertion is politically motivated nonsense based on hate.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Burning up people?

I mean Netanyahu did say this won’t be forgotten in generations to come so….

Just now, Justice said:

Then why was Israel attempting to appease Palestinians in the first place? Why not cut off their water, food, and electricity in the first place? Why grant them work visas inside Israel itself? Your theory has holes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

He could have taken Gaza without this wacky, imaginary scheme.

The assertion is politically motivated nonsense based on hate.

If you’re implying I’m hateful you couldn’t be more wrong. I don’t appreciate that kind of talk and this is what keeps me away from this place. My beliefs aren’t any more or less believable than what you’ve all been told. It’s based on facts and like I said I can be wrong but I give the Israelis a lot more credit than that. They don’t make these types of mistakes. Like I said I could be wrong. I can’t prove what I said any more than you can. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Then why was Israel attempting to appease Palestinians in the first place? Why not cut off their water, food, and electricity in the first place? Why grant them work visas inside Israel itself? Your theory has holes.

Like Lincoln wanting South to fire on Ft Sumter, you gain the high ground. Don't know if Netyawhoo did what is claimed, but there would be a reason behind it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Justice said:

I mean Netanyahu did say this won’t be forgotten in generations to come so….

The Israeli security apparatus is so complex, you realize that conspiracy would involve a lot of people and systems.  people that would have or would talk. systems that would have fingerprints if adjusted

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Because it’s not allowed by law?

Cheap labor. Actually this point kind of strengthens my assertions because they actually know who’s good and who’s bad. 

Nobody can dispute the things I said. You guys just brushed them all off. You guys actually think this attack was plausible. 1+1 doesn’t always equal 2 though. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The Israeli security apparatus is so complex, you realize that conspiracy would involve a lot of people and systems.  people that would have or would talk. systems that would have fingerprints if adjusted

Yup. Lots of people would have to be involved. Like I said before… they might think this is the most patriotic thing they can do. 

Edited by Justice
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Justice said:

If you’re implying I’m hateful you couldn’t be more wrong. I don’t appreciate that kind of talk and this is what keeps me away from this place. 

Whoa.

I never asserted you were behind it.

I don't do that kind of thing.

If someone believes that stuff, they should write the screenplay and see if it gets any traction.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Justice said:

Cheap labor. Actually this point kind of strengthens my assertions because they actually know who’s good and who’s bad. 

Nobody can dispute the things I said. You guys. Just brushed them all off. You guys actually think this attack was plausible. 1+1 doesn’t always equal 2 though. 

I can admit that this world is crazy enough that anything is possible. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Justice said:

Nobody can dispute the things I said. You guys. Just brushed them all off. You guys actually think this attack was plausible. 1+1 doesn’t always equal 2 though. 

Yup. Lots of people would have to be involved. Like I said before… they might think this is the most patriotic thing they can do. 

Occam's razor

Edited by Tommy Callahan

1 hour ago, Irv said:

So, a couple of notes here.  

1. Joe Ferguson Forever contacted me and he said he was in the hospital.  Sounded like he's had his fill with PPP.
  2. While I appreciate Justice's well-thought-out posts, please put away the tinfoil hat.  No way Israel planned to have this happen.  No way.  If it were true and the Israeli's found out, Netanyahu would be executed in under an hour.
  3. While I knew there was a lot of hatred for Jews outside the US, I'm surprised how much there is here in the States.  Seeing kids on college campuses protest and call for the death of Israeli's and Jews is very disturbing.  You can't say ***** about gays or the transgender community on these campuses but killing Jews is OK?  WTF.
  4. I'm old enough to remember dumb ass Jimmy Carter standing there on the WH lawn with Begin and Sadat after the Camp David Accords, with that stupid grin on his face, declaring peace in the Middle East.  IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.  If it's not ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah, BLM, Larry, Moe, or Curly declaring jihad on the Jews, then it will be somebody else.  
  5. What
  6.  a
  7. Mess!   

If #1 is true please tell him I wish him a speedy recovery. While I disagree with him vehemently I believe he has a good heart and this place better for having him. 

• Like (+1) 3