Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

tommy sophisticate responds....do some gesturing.  need a laugh.

Tell us about the moment when you went from using a laughing emoji as a response to every post to calling out someone regularly using the eye roll emoji. I’m sure it’s super interesting and without a hint of hypocrisy. 

37 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I'm not sure what your "club" serves, but the implication is that you are referring to a drink, called an "old fashioned."

An "old fashion" is bell bottomed pants.

Still, enjoy your golf lesson as summer ends in Virginia today, and have a great afternoon, but stay away from those old fashions.

Touche.  you hit me in the finger.  swatted away with the next finger over.....i'll be sure to watch your posts for spelling or syntax errors.  So what do u think 4 sheets to the wind means?

btw, picked up a near mint set of Taylor made RSi 1's for $225.  Pro to regrip, reshaft so I'm walking in tall cotton.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Touche.  you hit me in the finger.  swatted away with the next finger over.....i'll be sure to watch your posts for spelling or syntax errors.  So what do u think 4 sheets to the wind means?

Fair enough.

No problem.

Couldn't resist, but no permanent scar.

I know what three sheets means. I'm not sure about four, but I'm guessing it looks like a Biden Amtrak story rendition.

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

Fair enough.

No problem.

Couldn't resist, but no permanent scar.

I know what three sheets means. I'm not sure about four, but I'm guessing it looks like a Biden Amtrak story rendition.

No. it looks like the jester's vocabulary.  You seem to know a lot about bourbon....

7 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

No. it looks like the jester's vocabulary.  You seem to know a lot about bourbon....

Nope. Not a thing. I just know that old fashion is not old fashioned.

I have never had a taste for it.

Haven't tasted anything other than beer or wine in over thirty years. Not my taste, but to each his own.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

btw, picked up a near mint set of Taylor made RSi 1's for $225.  Pro to regrip, reshaft so I'm walking in tall cotton.

Wow. You must be rich. I hope you are paying your fair share of taxes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

You must be rich.

because I play with a $225 iron set?  hit em yesterday.  even an old man can hit them with stiff shafts.  just great clubs.  hit a ping demo 7 iron before pulled the trigger.  $1400 for a set and Didn't like it at all.  no spin.  pro recommended this route, Ebay.  Love em.

I'm upper middle class not rich.  no shame in either tho....

Do you dislike all the members at Oak Hill, Niagara Falls CC just because they're members?  then it's your problem.

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

It desperately wants people to thinks it's one of them rich men from north of Richmond 

did you read my last post.  I'm not rich.  Not that I wouldn't like to be but in honesty I'm comfortable where I am.  That's a good thing esp in retirement.  I live 4hrs south of Richmond.  Rural.  Country.  People who can, hunt and fish.  People who will survive.  My people.

This however is bad

13 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

because I play with a $225 iron set?  hit em yesterday.  even an old man can hit them with stiff shafts.  just great clubs.  hit a ping demo 7 iron before pulled the trigger.  $1400 for a set and Didn't like it at all.  no spin.  pro recommended this route, Ebay.  Love em.

I'm upper middle class not rich.  no shame in either tho....

Do you dislike all the members at Oak Hill, Niagara Falls CC just because they're members?  then it's your problem.

I don't hate anyone.  I just want everyone to pay their fair share.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

You seem to know a lot about bourbon....

By the way, while not knowing a thing about bourbon, I do know a thing about wine.

Proud to see that, this week, the Monticello Viticultural Area has earned the Wine Enthusiasts Wine Region of the year award for 2023.

That is a world wide competition.

Additionally proud that the petit verdot grapes from my vineyard produced in 2017 produced the 2021  Virginia Governor's Cup silver medal award for best red.

You are welcome to come over to this side of the mountain anytime.

Never any hard feelings.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, sherpa said:

By the way, while not knowing a thing about bourbon, I do know a thing about wine.

Proud to see that, this week, the Monticello Viticultural Area has earned the Wine Enthusiasts Wine Region of the year award for 2023.

That is a world wide competition.

Additionally proud that the petit verdot grapes from my vineyard produced in 2017 produced the 2021  Virginia Governor's Cup silver medal award for best red.

You are welcome to come over to this side of the mountain anytime.

Never any hard feelings.

All the wine in my area is way too sweet.  My bro in law is a master of wine.  have some old chateau margot in his warehouse.  deciding whether to sell it or dink.  drink sounds good....We re planning a trip to play congressional in the spring and see the cherry blossoms.  fav restuarant in DC or burbs?  Buddy's (FBI) dad is a member.  right now just a 2some.  do u play?

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

Hillary is correct.

Good explanation by Hillary Clinton.  

What was interesting though was the host quotes the Hamas supplied 10,000 number.  This from the same people that claimed Israel bombed a hospital killing 500 A couple of weeks ago.  How could they possibly know that and 1/2 are children when Hamae states they don't take care of their citizens, that's the UN's job?  But go with it anyway I guess.  I'm sure a lot have been killed, but I'm not gonna run with Hamas' number.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, wnyguy said:

Wedge to 3 iron?

no.  lob wedge to 6 iron.  adams hybrid 3.  old 4,5 from same model (but S vs R shafts in the old ones)- regripped.  205 out of utility club so go from there.  Called Dallas golf about matched shaft for all.  said go to your pro have him measure swing speed , loft, attack angle etc.  Get back to us....very impressive dude.  it's a f'in hard game and it hurts my back but God, I love it.  Oh, and my groups mutually cheat..roll ball in fairway, gimmes inside the leather etc.  but they're rules and we play them.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Justice said:

Lots of questions here about how Israel should handle this situation. It’s extremely difficult to answer that question. Nobody can argue with a people fighting for their future, their land, their way of life. This goes both ways.

There is no easy way out. All I know is violence will only bring more violence and the cycle will continue no matter what happens to Hamas. Some other group will take their place. The best defense is peace. A real peace. 

I believe more than anything who you side with in this conflict says a lot about each and every one of us. 

My parents were born in Palestine and were forced to flee in 67. I recognize Israel’s right to exist. I also think Palestinians are entitled to their own land too. 

Lots of people argue Palestine never existed. I for one don’t care what you call it. Fact is Arabs were there and have a legitimate claim. The Jewish people also have a legitimate claim. So where do we turn from here?

I stand with both. I stand with peace. The holy land belongs to everyone imo. Christians, the Jewish people and Muslims. 

From what I understand evangelicals need Israel to belong to the Jewish people so that Jesus can return and bring about end of times.

Muslims also believe the same exact thing but believe Jesus will side with the Muslims.

Most Jewish people believe it’s a miracle the Jewish people regained control of Israel therefore they’re entitled to the land now and that this will expedite the return of their messiah and bring about peace. If you ask me they’re taking a huge risk in overtaking the land now. They’re not supposed to be there. The scriptures said they would be exiled. It clearly states Israel will not exist until their messiah returns. Orthodox Jews who support Palestine are the vast minority but they fear the creation of a Jewish state now is against God’s plan.

Even if you don’t agree with the Neturei Karta there are still dangers in backing an Israeli state. They believe their temple is below Al-Aqsa mosque. They want to destroy Al-Aqsa and build their temple. This will surely lead to even more wars and chaos. 

Which leads me to what I want and what I’ve always wanted. A one state solution where everyone has equal rights. We need to delay end of times for as long as possible as far as I’m concerned. How can one justify supporting anything that can lead to end of times?

Everyone slams Iran for trying to destroy Israel to bring about end of times and rightfully so. But what about the USA? Our support will lead to the same results. 

This situation is a clusterf**k. There is no winning here for anybody. F it. Officially rename it the holy land and give equal rights to everyone. 

The world needs more moderate voices connected to the Israel-Palestinian conflict to speak out. As an outside observer, it seems to me that the extremists define the issues so often. I like to think that most people, the silent majority, are not on the extremes and just want to live peacefully. 

I believe that as long as the Palestinian people allow Hamas to exist, they will forever be suffering. Hamas will continue to attack Israel and the cycle of violence will continue, to the delight of Hamas. Sadly, as in every war, innocent people are suffering and dying. Hamas wanted this war.

Under the right conditions, wars can be followed by peace, but both sides have to want stability and peace more than they want revenge. When the culture celebrates every Palestinian who dies as a martyr, they don’t seem ready for peace. I don’t think a single state solution would ever be accepted by Israel since Isralis would not want to be out numbered by Palestinians. Peace seemed so close during the Clinton administration and so far away now. Both sides need leaders who want peace more than war. It’s a totally f’d up situation. 

15 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

did you read my last post.  I'm not rich.  Not that I wouldn't like to be but in honesty I'm comfortable where I am.  That's a good thing esp in retirement.  I live 4hrs south of Richmond.  Rural.  Country.  People who can, hunt and fish.  People who will survive.  My people.

This however is bad

how on earth do you get along with those people and their polar opposite political views? 

• Agree 1

On 11/9/2023 at 6:33 PM, sherpa said:

I am not going to waste time taking your assignments.

Do your own work.

Start by comparing a horrible event by a small, independent unit to an attack planned for a year and including the entire terrorist group.

Same can be said for abu ghraib.

That was basically one  night shift of one small unit.

Horrible, but not a military strategy being executed.

Additionally, those were prosecuted under the UCMJ.

Think the leadership of Hamas is going to prosecute?

They planned it.

That is nothing like the planning and barbarism under which the Hamas invasion, rape, beheading, torture, burning, evisceration of fetuses was undertaken as a controlled, planned strategy.

You outdo yourself every day.

Simply unimaginable how someone could conclude what you regularly do.

No, the actions by both were similar. Sexual violence, massacres, men, women and little children killed.

You are such an emotional thinker 

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, the actions by both were similar. Sexual violence, massacres, men, women and little children killed.

You are such an emotional thinker 

No. There is nothing emotional about the vast differences.

The out of control actions of an individual unit, completely un sanctioned by the UCMJ and US military authorities is absolutely not comparable to a government planned, equipped, formally trained and executed barbaric war crime, including the taking of hostages.

Military actions have spawned atrocities forever, but they are not condoned and prosecuted, usually.

24 minutes ago, sherpa said:

No. There is nothing emotional about the vast differences.

The out of control actions of an individual unit, completely un sanctioned by the UCMJ and US military authorities is absolutely not comparable to a government planned, equipped, formally trained and executed barbaric war crime, including the taking of hostages.

Military actions have spawned atrocities forever, but they are not condoned and prosecuted, usually.

Massacre is a massacre 

Emotions 

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Massacre is a massacre 

Emotions 

One is the action of a rogue few, identified as a war crime and prosecuted by the governing authority.

Anathema to the US military.

The other is a planned strategy by  the governing authority, including the kidnapping of hostages.

There is no analogy.    

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, sherpa said:

One is the action of a rogue few, identified as a war crime and prosecuted by the governing authority.

Anathema to the US military.

The other is a planned strategy by  the governing authority, including the kidnapping of hostages.

There is no analogy.    

I said similar not exact. So yes, I agree they were not exactly the same. 

But they had deep similarities 

And the Governing authority, the US governnment didn't exactly hand out severe punishments. Only lowly Lt Calley was convicted, but Nixon put him on cozy house arrest for the murder of 22 people, he was released shortly thereafter

Ya, the governing authority really punished that

You claim to have served on the Kitty Hawk? What years was that? 

• Vomit 1