Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

hey man, easy for you to say.. I have literally been banned 8 times and I haven't even been here a year. I need to tread carefully with board moderators. Irv seems cool though

I almost feel like you have to have a body hidden in your basement to get banned 8x, but I understand.  I'll leave it be. 

• Haha (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I wasn’t aware of this maneuvering by Israel until today

For years, Netanyahu propped up Hamas. Now it’s blown up in our faces

“Additionally, since 2014, Netanyahu-led governments have practically turned a blind eye to the incendiary balloons and rocket fire from Gaza.

Meanwhile, Israel has allowed suitcases holding millions in Qatari cash to enter Gaza through its crossings since 2018, in order to maintain its fragile ceasefire with the Hamas rulers of the Strip.

Most of the time, Israeli policy was to treat the Palestinian Authority as a burden and Hamas as an asset. Far-right MK Bezalel Smotrich, now the finance minister in the hardline government and leader of the Religious Zionism party, said so himself in 2015.

According to various reports, Netanyahu made a similar point at a Likud faction meeting in early 2018, when he was quoted as saying that those who oppose a Palestinian state should support the transfer of funds to Gaza, because maintaining the separation between the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank and Hamas in Gaza would prevent the establishment of a Palestinian state.”

Might explain why Netanyahu ignored Egypt's warnings, eh?

Just now, BillStime said:

You really should sit this one out, precious.

0E566B2E-F47C-49BE-A864-027414D3AFAE_w10

Why? I think Trump is a POS.  I don't have a psycho-sexual infatuation with him like some here do, but he is a garbage person. 

I'm just not so ignorant to think that my side is full of angels and the other is the devil.  But If that fist bump isn't a 21st century ring kiss, then you don't want to have Trump's baby.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

Why? I think Trump is a POS.  I don't have a psycho-sexual infatuation with him like some here do, but he is a garbage person. 

I'm just not so ignorant to think that my side is full of angels and the other is the devil.  But If that fist bump isn't a 21st century ring kiss, then you don't want to have Trump's baby.

giphy.gif

Heavily armed soldiers storm totally unarmed civilians and they only kill 1,000 people? Unless this raid was pretty small, those numbers must be much higher. Maybe they are reporting a smaller number to hide the damage

Has anyone seen any numbers about how many Hamasers crossed the border? 

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Nope.  I’m just pointing out that what BLMChicago posted is not support of Palestinians… it’s hatred of Jews. 

Honestly, I’m not sure what is so difficult for you to understand about that tweet.  

It’s basically someone posting “I stand with Afghanistan” with a picture of two planes hitting the towers. 

I didn't notice the paraglider in that, ya, that was messed up 

I should of looked at it harder 

• Like (+1) 1

There's a certain insanity/stupidity in a statement like this, I mean first of all considering what they've already done so it's like "Don't do that thing you're already doing." Second with the bombing of civilians it's a little awkward throwing the warcrime word around.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Gee…..indicted egotist manages to get reelected…stacks Supreme Court…evades prosecution and packs cabinets with crony crook buddies who blow it….This could never happen here….

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

There's a certain insanity/stupidity in a statement like this, I mean first of all considering what they've already done so it's like "Don't do that you're already doing." Second with the bombing of civilians it's a little awkward throwing the warcrime word around.

This destruction of Gaza is just a knee jerk reaction. I get it, but it will not accomplish anything and Israel will lose the moral high ground. 

What if they bomb the hostages? 

And a ground offensive is risky, very risky to say the least 

What?? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/10/2023 at 4:33 PM, ChiGoose said:

I wasn’t aware of this maneuvering by Israel until today

For years, Netanyahu propped up Hamas. Now it’s blown up in our faces

“Additionally, since 2014, Netanyahu-led governments have practically turned a blind eye to the incendiary balloons and rocket fire from Gaza.

Meanwhile, Israel has allowed suitcases holding millions in Qatari cash to enter Gaza through its crossings since 2018, in order to maintain its fragile ceasefire with the Hamas rulers of the Strip.

Most of the time, Israeli policy was to treat the Palestinian Authority as a burden and Hamas as an asset. Far-right MK Bezalel Smotrich, now the finance minister in the hardline government and leader of the Religious Zionism party, said so himself in 2015.

According to various reports, Netanyahu made a similar point at a Likud faction meeting in early 2018, when he was quoted as saying that those who oppose a Palestinian state should support the transfer of funds to Gaza, because maintaining the separation between the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank and Hamas in Gaza would prevent the establishment of a Palestinian state.”

On 10/10/2023 at 5:36 PM, Tiberius said:

Too busy watching over settlement expansion to take report seriously? 

It's difficult not to see this as a direct result of his decisions.

With all the political trouble and protests his administration has been facing it's not hard to see the kind of conspiracy theories that are going to come from this as well.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

I knew it!

That is a solid retort, buddy! 

Is this ok Irv.  I think it's fine...pretty funny actually.  I think we could tell jokes to each other and laugh.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

looked at it harder 

c'mon dude...not representing well...nah.  on second review it's fine..

Black humor.  Gallows humor.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

There is just some batty stuff said in this thread

Very much agree. I can't believe what I've read up-thread ref Gaza as modern-day "concentration camp", blockades, and etc.

If you (not you personally SUNY) haven't walked the ground--and I don't mean as a civilian tourist--then maybe you need to be more careful about throwing around blood libel accusations.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

c'mon dude...not representing well...nah.  on second review it's fine..

Black humor.  Gallows humor.

This is really what you think of BLM supporting the cause by using imagery of a parachuting assassin of innocents? Gallows humor? This post you would do well to edit. Sick f**k. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

A close friend of mine who is a US Army vet (with three tours of duty) sent me this Task and Purpose video about the conflict in Israel. 

Israel is at War

It is a pretty solid breakdown of the kinetic state of the conflict while mostly avoiding political opinions. 

Note: It’s a bit long at 20 minutes and the editing is occasionally choppy but it’s very informative and worth a watch. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Very much agree. I can't believe what I've read up-thread ref Gaza as modern-day "concentration camp", blockades, and etc.

If you (not you personally SUNY) haven't walked the ground--and I don't mean as a civilian tourist--then maybe you need to be more careful about throwing around blood libel accusations.

Gaza is under siege. You don't want to read about that? 

37 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

So was the Israeli cook video representative?  never got into Israel- due to missiles.  Turkey was fantastic.  Ephesus.  Like in Revelation...sorry.  Dark humor.  But an amazing place.  That CIA/Mossad story shows the 3 D chess being played tho.  Thanks for that.  keepem coming.  The Romans were brutal as well.  Ephesus was relocated, due to flooding I think.  They forced the inhabitants to move with Plague or some infectious disease they introduced...

https://www.history.com/topics/ancient-greece/ephesus

• Eyeroll 1

37 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

This is really what you think of BLM supporting the cause by using imagery of a parachuting assassin of innocents? Gallows humor? This post you would do well to edit. Sick f**k. 

lighten up Francis.  It's really common in Medicine.  Doc would know...

Black comedy, also known as dark comedy, morbid humor, gallows humor, black humor, or dark humor, is a style of comedy that makes light of subject matter that is generally considered taboo, particularly subjects that are normally considered serious or painful to discuss. Wikipedia

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Gaza is under siege. You don't want to read about that? 

I'm sorry, but I don't speak Non Sequitur (a little humor).

But, seriously, I really have no idea what this means... open-minded to understand you better.

(although, frankly, I've spent waaay too much time on this thread already)

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

But, seriously, I really have no idea what this means... open-minded to understand you better.

yes, we might not have much time...I kid.

Seriously, as clear military/intelligence what do you think the US should do now?  Israel?  The talking heads Generals just aren't being frank and earnest.  you seem predisposed to those.  And the acronyms...really.? The cons here can shoot arrows at my reading tea leaves.

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

lighten up Francis.  It's really common in Medicine.  Doc would know...

Black comedy, also known as dark comedy, morbid humor, gallows humor, black humor, or dark humor, is a style of comedy that makes light of subject matter that is generally considered taboo, particularly subjects that are normally considered serious or painful to discuss. Wikipedia

This isn’t medicine. It’s the slaughter of everyday people including babies. Everyone is familiar with gallows/black humor.  BLM using that imagery was not done in a humorous vein. You are in an infinitesimal minority that finds it clever and/or darkly humorous. Sick. If you knew how to experience shame, now would be the time. Sadly…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

BLM using that imagery was not done in a humorous vein. You are in an infinitesimal minority that finds it clever and/or darkly humorous.

For once we agree...I don't find the parachute meme funny or in good taste.  Please review my comments....

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

"I can't believe what I've read up-thread ref Gaza as modern-day "concentration camp", blockades, and etc." 

There is a blockade. A total siege of 2 million people. Why can't you believe? That's all 

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

For once we agree...I don't find the parachute meme funny or in good taste.  Please review my comments....

It was bad. Wouldn't be surprised if it was fake

5 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

This isn’t medicine. It’s the slaughter of everyday people including babies. Everyone is familiar with gallows/black humor.  BLM using that imagery was not done in a humorous vein. You are in an infinitesimal minority that finds it clever and/or darkly humorous. Sick. If you knew how to experience shame, now would be the time. Sadly…

"BLM"? It was one post from someone supposidly in Chicago. Any confirmation it was sanctioned by the rank and file, or even the Chicago organization itself? 

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

"I can't believe what I've read up-thread ref Gaza as modern-day "concentration camp", blockades, and etc." 

There is a blockade. A total siege of 2 million people. Why can't you believe? That's all 

"BLM"? It was one post from someone supposidly in Chicago. Any confirmation it was sanctioned by the rank and file, or even the Chicago organization itself? 

You are free to pretend it’s a fake. Perhaps they were hacked by maga. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TH3 said:

Gee…..indicted egotist manages to get reelected…stacks Supreme Court…evades prosecution and packs cabinets with crony crook buddies who blow it….This could never happen here….

Post of the...pick a time period...

7 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

You are free to pretend it’s a fake. Perhaps they were hacked by maga. 

So BLM as an organization supports Hamas, in your view, correct? 

It's a terrorist organization, right? 

That's what you believe, correct? 

19 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I would be surprised if it was.

A bunch of far left orgs like local DSA chapters have been disgracing themselves in the last couple of days.

That post is right on target for the line of thinking for many in those groups. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

So BLM as an organization supports Hamas, in your view, correct? 

It's a terrorist organization, right? 

That's what you believe, correct? 

I understand that you are a touch dim but you have shown today that you know how to use Twitter. That’s a feather in the cap for someone of your abilities. Maybe take a look at the official BLMChicago twitter page. It will clear up your confusion on whether it’s fake or not. Then again you do have a fair amount of John from Riverside in you. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. 

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

BLM should just STFU when it comes to things like this... 

makes them look bad. 

You can agree with their cause without agreeing with everything that they do. I think that’s where we’re at with blm 

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I understand that you are a touch dim but you have shown today that you know how to use Twitter. That’s a feather in the cap for someone of your abilities. Maybe take a look at the official BLMChicago twitter page. It will clear up your confusion on whether it’s fake or not. Then again you do have a fair amount of John from Riverside in you. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. 

Do you ever post a comment where you’re not insulting somebody

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

You can agree with their cause without agreeing with everything that they do. I think that’s where we’re at with blm 

Do you ever post a comment where you’re not insulting somebody

Generally no. I like to fit in. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Let's joust some more JD...