The good news on Bills-Jaguars injury report

Punching Bag

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

No need yet. I think they will activate von in his place 

I suppose, but I feel like usually guys just go to IR. I don't know. I don't remember long waits like this usually happening.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

I wonder why they haven't put White on IR yet...

I think for NFL week purposes, putting a player on IR takes effect at the deadline for elevating PS players (day before the game).  There's no need to IR White before that, and the team may legit be waiting to see what other moves they're going to make (elevating Ingram of the PS if there's concern about Benford; activating Von if they think he can go and Rousseau can't, etc). 

No reason to tip their hand early.

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

I suppose, but I feel like usually guys just go to IR. I don't know. I don't remember long waits like this usually happening.

I think it's pretty much announced the next day "out for the season", but as far as the actual designation of putting the player on IR, I think that usually officially happens the day before the next game.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I am wondering who from practice squad is getting a free trip to London.

Believe I read there are 162 people on the the flight, only two more than normal for road games.

I'd think the PS travels to all road games as no idea about last minute injuries??

Was hoping this thread was going to have a long list of Jags that are also out??

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Believe I read there are 162 people on the the flight, only two more than normal for road games.

I'd think the PS travels to all road games as no idea about last minute injuries??

Was hoping this thread was going to have a long list of Jags that are also out??

It does - click link and scroll down.  None currently out.

image.thumb.png.ebdbc7ce66c3c96dd0ff967b817e908a.png

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, unbillievable said:

I'm worried about Zay Jones.

Former Players are extra motivated.

In Zay's case he was shocked on trade but later he talked in article in article he had no resentment to Bills for he was not in right place when with Bills.  He also mentioned elsewhere he had been in touch with Sean McDermott after trade for advice/prayers.

I am sure Coach McD will give him a hug after game but motivation will be to show coach McD he is doing well not revenge.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

The only starter of those ruled out is Devin Lloyd, who started their first 3 games at LB. 

But, Jamal Agnew is listed as their PR/KR and Parker Washington is his backup, who returned 1 punt vs. ATL.  So if Agnew can't go or is hampered, there's that.

Of the "questionables", Fatukasi is their starting NT so that would be a loss.  Zay Jones is their #3 or #4 WR (depending on how you count Evan Engram), though he starts and was on the field ~80% of the snaps first 2 games.  Guessing the Jags play a lot of 11, like maybe 75-80% of the snaps?

Antonio Johnson is a 5th round rookie who has yet to take a snap.

So it's a lot of names, but not much of substance.

Edited by Beck Water

4 hours ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

Hopefully Benford gets in a full practice before Sunday.

Hasn't happened

F7xFedSWEAI5STU.thumb.jpg.b3b9d6066410b4ebf9c5b2b95284f926.jpg

Will be interesting to see what the Bills do on a couple of counts.  If Von Miller is truly "limited" and "questionable", do they elevate Ja'Marcus Ingram to the 53-man to take Tre White's place?  Or do they use one of 3 free PS elevations for one game, which wouldn't expose him to waivers?  Or, are they actually confident enough in Benford that they roll into the game with Jackson, Benford, Elam, and Lewis as their CBs?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

They didn't used to, but when the Covid rules changed giving each PS player 3 free elevations (without waiver exposure) and making it possible that any player could be ruled out at just about any time, it was "PS GUYS, GET ON THE PLANE!"

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, unbillievable said:

I'm worried about Zay Jones.

Former Players are extra motivated.

He's on my fantasy team in a PPR league.  He can be as motivated as he wants as long as we win 35-10! :)

Also, we need to pry Surtain II from Denver.  CB depth is a bit weak.  

15 hours ago, MJS said:

I wonder why they haven't put White on IR yet...

My guess is there are going to be a few moves so they are probably just waiting to submit them all at the same time.

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Hasn't happened

F7xFedSWEAI5STU.thumb.jpg.b3b9d6066410b4ebf9c5b2b95284f926.jpg

Will be interesting to see what the Bills do on a couple of counts.  If Von Miller is truly "limited" and "questionable", do they elevate Ja'Marcus Ingram to the 53-man to take Tre White's place?  Or do they use one of 3 free PS elevations for one game, which wouldn't expose him to waivers?  Or, are they actually confident enough in Benford that they roll into the game with Jackson, Benford, Elam, and Lewis as their CBs?

I would think they have to call up a guy just to cover for possible in game injuries.  I know Lewis can cover in a pinch but what if two injuries?

Edited by Scott7975

5 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

He's on my fantasy team in a PPR league.  He can be as motivated as he wants as long as we win 35-10! :)

Also, we need to pry Surtain II from Denver.  CB depth is a bit weak.  

I benched Evan Engram on my Fantasy team.

Don't want to be rooting for anyone on the Jaguars this weekend.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, unbillievable said:

I benched Evan Engram on my Fantasy team.

Don't want to be rooting for anyone on the Jaguars this weekend.

I get that. I’ll likely keep Zay on bench and hope Jerry Jeudy has a good game for Den. 

Who is your backup TE?

Edited by RyanC883

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.