"Suckers and Losers"---Trump on our GI's

You know she is right. I mean attacking people who are serving the country, that's so pathetic 

“It’s disgusting!” Haley replied. “I mean, every bit of it’s disgusting, you know, to sit there and mock my husband for not being with me on the presidential trail because he is deployed and serving our country.”

“You mock one veteran, you’re mocking all veterans,” she continued. “But this is a pattern, Dana. He’s done this over and over again. Whether he went and called military members suckers, whether he was at Arlington Cemetery saying what was in it for them, why would they do this? The problem with Trump is he’s never been anywhere near a uniform.”

She then mocked Trump for avoiding combat when he was eligible over an alleged “bone spurs” issue that Trump’s critics have long used for derision.

On 2/11/2024 at 5:38 AM, Doc said:

That's about as dumb as people saying Melania was gone because she was with her sick mother.

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

@JaCrispy - don’t you love when your friends here do stuff like this and you sit back like and take it?

Embarrassing.

If there’s one thing that has been universally true since I came to the board, it’s that depending on what camp you’re in, they will totally overlook the idiocy of their camp and then jump on you for jumping on them

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

If there’s one thing that has been universally true since I came to the board, it’s that depending on what camp you’re in, they will totally overlook the idiocy of their camp and then jump on you for jumping on them

I was talking about what Trump said. And I’ve been saying Trump should say/tweet less since he got elected. 

• 4 weeks later...

You've chosen to ignore content by BillStime. Options 

4 weeks later...

If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself.
- Joseph Goebbels

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 7:52 AM, Tiberius said:

Former President Trump didn't want to visit a cemetery near Paris for Americans who fought and died in World War I because it was filled with "suckers" and "losers," John Kelly, his longest-serving chief of staff, said in a statement to CNN on Monday.

Why it matters: In the statement, Kelly supported this and several other instances of Trump disparaging service members that were reported by The Atlantic in 2020 and vehemently denied at the time by the Republican 2024 presidential front-runner.

Of note: Fox News reporter Jennifer Griffin previously confirmed parts of The Atlantic's story, including his refusal to visit the Aisne-Marne Cemetery in France.

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/02/trump-troops-fallen-soldiers-john-kelly

Total lie.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Nope, that's your boy Trump. He hates our soldiers, loves Putin and hates our Constitution

Keep lying.  Demented Biden taught you well.  What a mess.  

On 4/2/2024 at 10:52 AM, BillStime said:

It doesn't really feel that hard to understand with Trump on this, he's a narcissist, when his opponent was John McCain a big thing with him was his military service and Trump dodged the draft so he had to take a swing at it. McCain was captured so the simple thought in Trumps mind was that's bad so he used it as an insult, the idea that it would be an insult to all the other veterans who served or that he should have targeted legitimate issues with McCain as a politician and not his service didn't occur to Trump. Because he's a narcissist so why would anyone besides himself matter.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It doesn't really feel that hard to understand with Trump on this, he's a narcissist, when his opponent was John McCain a big thing with him was his military service and Trump dodged the draft so he had to take a swing at it. McCain was captured so the simple thought in Trumps mind was that's bad so he used it as an insult, the idea that it would be an insult to all the other veterans who served or that he should have targeted legitimate issues with McCain as a politician and not his service didn't occur to Trump. Because he's a narcissist so why would anyone besides himself matter.

Total garbage made up in your empty head.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Irv said:

Total garbage made up in your empty head.  

Yeah I'm just inventing it. 🙄

I mean seriously it's not hard to see, there is no rational reason to say that, he bridges into an area of stupidity/ nose blindness that it creates what 3 options, that he's either such a massive idiot that this somehow seemed like a good idea, that his mental illness created a blind spot that allowed him to blunder into it, or some combination of the two.

27 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Only a fool continues to push a discredited lie.

(which explains why Tibs will keep responding)

YOU are literally pushing a discredited lie!

Wow, you are a piece of work

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah I'm just inventing it. 🙄

I mean seriously it's not hard to see, there is no rational reason to say that, he bridges into an area of stupidity/ nose blindness that it creates what 3 options, that he's either such a massive idiot that this somehow seemed like a good idea, that his mental illness created a blind spot that allowed him to blunder into it, or some combination of the two.

Can't trust anything you post.  Total fabrication.  

48 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

His issue with McCain was pushing the bogus Steele Dossier.  And it didn't seem to bother other POWs, or at least, enough to prevent getting elected.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

And it didn't seem to bother other POWs, or at least, enough to prevent getting elected.

The suggestion that Trump's stupid comments about McCain insulted other POW's, or that they or other military folks ever cared is ridiculous.

A hearty breed, they don't get offended, outraged or otherwise bothered over stupid crap.

Besides, McCain was strongly disliked in the Navy.

Just a fact.

Nothing to do with his honorable POW time,.

No dispute there, but most were honorable.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Irv said:

Can't trust anything you post.  Total fabrication.  

The old I don't want it to be true so I'm just going to pretend like it's not defense, okay I guess.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

His issue with McCain was pushing the bogus Steele Dossier.  And it didn't seem to bother other POWs, or at least, enough to prevent getting elected.

Sure then do that, as to the veterans not having a problem with what he said about McCain the numerous times my dad's brought this specific incident up when talking about what's wrong with Trump over the years I'd say that is in fact not the case.

• Haha (+1) 1

Good to see logical fact based discussions continue on here. 

Reminds of the idiots who bought Truth Social stock but think the drop in value is due to Wall Street manipulation. 

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Sure then do that, as to the veterans not having a problem with what he said about McCain the numerous times my dad's brought this specific incident up when talking about what's wrong with Trump over the years I'd say that is in fact not the case.

Your dad is/was a Republican?  A POW?