Cook is Bill with most rushing yards in first 3 games since 2012 (Spiller)

Nephilim17

3 hours ago, pigpen65 said:

Imagine a GM with Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson on the roster thinking RB is the biggest need with a top 10 pick. Jesus Christ

You do remember that Lynch was one strike away from a one year suspension, don't you?

The Bills were caught in a bad situation. I don't blame them for taking Spiller.

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

You do remember that Lynch was one strike away from a one year suspension, don't you?

The Bills were caught in a bad situation. I don't blame them for taking Spiller.

Was still a bad use of an early first. If they'd taken him in the 2nd even I could rationalise it more

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

A lot of people dislike my garbage time yards post without a rebuttal. You know what that means right? 

Cook will definitely earn his flowers this year but not yet. It’s early.

curious how many yards Achane racked up in garbage time

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Just read this on NFL.com...

The Bills finally have a reliable bell cow providing balance to the offense, and it’s a beautiful thing to watch. After racking up 98 yards on the ground in Sunday’s road win over Washington, Cook now has the most rush yards by a Bills player through the first three weeks of the season since 2012 (C.J. Spiller with 308). 

Nice to see. Didn't know that we'd gone over decade without that kind of production.

I disagree with MJD's assertion that we have a "bell cow" back (maybe it's semantics, but I define "bell cow" as 20 to 25 rushes many games), but I think Cook is a good number-one back on this team who can rack up 12 to 16 carries a game and get good yardage and some catches.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-rb-index-week-4-one-running-back-i-promise-to-stop-underestimating

I like when our B and C RBs get in there though….. I like it fine. Keep Cook viable and get the backups some work. I think Latavius Murray has won the #2 job! He’s running tougher so far…. People do not like tackling him…. : )

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

I’ll be happy if he sustains the same stats in tight games against playoff teams without garbage-time breakaways boosting the numbers. 

That'd require Dorsey to commit to the RB during those tight games.

4 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

True, but they only drafted Lynch to replace yet another 1st round RB they picked - Willis McGahee. 

And a 1st was used on McGahee even though we already had a Pro Bowl RB in Travis Henry! 

Rumor has it Ralph wanted to replace Henry because he was tired of helping out with his child support for his 87 kids

Cook is doing well and some of that I think is a better OL than we have had in a while. Better guards, more 12 personnel, and Kromer having more time to put his stamp on the unit.

However plenty of Cook's yards are coming after 1st contact so you have to give him props for individual effort and skill.

He has great balance and is slippery as he rarely stops to cut or change direction (the dancing behind the LOS that usually ends badly) he usually falls forward for positive yards even if there is nothing there. He has smooth direction changes and quickly finds the next gear.

I like where they have him now with the number of touches and would not expect Pollard or McCaffrey numbers.

Not when we can keep him fresh and have Murray and Harris to run over folks when he needs to be spelled or in short yardage, and we have that QB Allen who is able to sling the rock now and then.

His pass pro has gotten better and that was a concern going into the season too.

The running game has been a weak spot on the team since they drafted Moss but that being said it looks as if Moss may be more of a old school type of back the way the Colts have used him being more so he could find his groove in the game which no one does any more & contributed to him looking less than what he is .

But this RB room this year i feel because of Beane & McD (even though McD is so incompetent) noticing where the weaknesses lie & bringing in reinforcements all over the team & not just in the RB's room .

They have brought in Rb's, O linemen, defensive personal, and let go of some that others at first thought would make the team weaker but in fact has made them better to this point . I think this team configuration is much better & as these players get more time on the field will prove the vision of McD & Beane .

And i for one hope makes all the nay sayers eat their negativity !! 

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

How many yards does he have when the Bills are up 3 scores?

I’ll make it easy. Most of his yards have come late in blowouts. Nothing to impressive so far.

Or you could say that a lot of his yards are coming when opponents know we are going to run the ball. He has been impressive in his ability to hit the hole, beat the defense to the edge and find yards in tight spots. I hope he doesn’t wear down over the course of the season.

10 hours ago, Gregg said:

I would have to look it up, but I honestly can't remember the last time the Bills had an RB rush for over 1,000 yards in a season. With the exception of Allen, I think Cook will be the key to beating the Fins. If he can have another good day running, then that means the Bills are controlling the clock and keep the Fins offense on the sidelines. It will also open the passing game if the Fins D has to pay attention to Cook running the ball. Of course, the most important thing is to finish drives with 7 not 3.

WE need Cook, Harris and Murray to come to the party.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.