Jags game "exclusively on NFL plus"?

Matt_In_NH

7 minutes ago, Irv said:

I don’t think the NFL has enough networks to show their games.  LoL.  NASCAR did the same thing a while back and it has hurt them bad.  

NASCAR does not have the equivalent of “home teams”. The significant majority of NFL viewing is people watching the home team. The NFL has not radically altered the home team viewing model. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I was watching the Dolphins game last night and a commercial came on that I thought said the Bills Jags game is exlusively on NFL plus....I thought it was on NFL network, do we need NFL plus to watch?

The Bills-Chargers game in December is on ESPN+(no) Peacock (yes) exclusively, except in Buffalo and LA it will be in free TV as well. [Thanks @SoMAn and @djp14150 for the correction!]

EDIT: there needs to be a strike-thru font option and color option for TBD on mobile.

Edited by chongli
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 1

10 hours ago, djp14150 said:

The streaming games are…

this Sunday Atalanta jacksonville London game on espn+

amazon has Black Friday game

bills-chargers on nbc peacock

in think one of the december  Saturday games that hasn’t been named yet will be a streaming game

It’s an NBC online/ Peacock

Yes, thanks for the correction! I literally just rolled out of bed and the first thing I saw was this thread. I'm still groggy! Vision still blurry. 

The game Sunday ATL-JAX in London is on ESPN+!

[This is the first thing I do when waking up?!?! LOL]

in think one of the december  Saturday games that hasn’t been named yet will be a streaming game

Not in December, but of the Wild Cards is on Peacock exclusively.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I was watching the Dolphins game last night and a commercial came on that I thought said the Bills Jags game is exlusively on NFL plus....I thought it was on NFL network, do we need NFL plus to watch?

You have to own British tv network to watch . 

4 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

Watching football on TV anymore is like walking into a house of mirrors. Every week it's labyrinth of networks and streams to wade through to figure how to watch any particular game. 

Congress could put a stop to this.  The NFL is only able to pool the broadcasting rights because of a Congressionally-granted exception to the antitrust laws. This law is why streaming/payTV games are shown on local over the air stations to weakly satisfy free broadcasting requirements.  It’s also why high school football on Friday is protected from NFL competition.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

OK, Maybe I misheard....I thought it was NFLN....that works for me.

You didn't mishear anything.   I heard that same commercial repeatedly.  When I checked, it turned out it's also on NFLN.  I think it's a ploy to convince viewers to buy into NFLN+.

5 hours ago, chongli said:

The Bills-Chargers game in December is on ESPN+(no) Peacock (yes) exclusively, except in Buffalo and LA it will be in free TV as well. [Thanks @SoMAn and @djp14150 for the correction!]

EDIT: there needs to be a strike-thru font option and color option for TBD on mobile.

Wtf- A new channel I need to fiddle with to watch a game? 

is this list the actual absurdity of what you need to get through a season out of market ? 

ESPN

ESPN+

NFLST

NFLN

broadcast (3 stations) or live tv local stream

YTNFLST

AMAZN PRIME

Peacock 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.