The good recipe against the smellfish

Italian Bills

Many things would be crucial Sunday, but in my opinion the main thing to do when we have the football, will be stay on offense as much as possible with long drives, eating the clock with a massive running game and lots of check down throws by Josh, in this way we will reduce the chance to commit turns and at the same time we’ll keep their offense off the field. 

It seem so obvious i know, but focusing on gain few yards on every attempt, from 3 to 6 yards, will help to move the chain without any risk, going deep sometimes. 

Then the D will think to close the door. 

Edited by Italian Bills
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The problem with this is if you kill the clock and come up empty handed you also take away time to score for yourself later on. I'm assuming Miami is going to almost score at will. The key to me would be to get them 3 and out (or to punt) as much as possible. Tough task and also simplistic as far as my thoughts go. 
but really just play ball and take advantage of what their defense gives ya. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

All of the "Captain Obvious" statements apply in this game especially with the way Miami can score.

1. Need to capitalize when the Bills get in the redzone with 7. 3 won't cut it this week.

2. Win the turnover battle.

3. Win on special teams. No short drives for the fins.

4. Balanced on offense with the pass and run.

5. Get pressure on Tua. 

6. Do a good job stopping the run and force them into 3rd and long.

Just to name a few.

Some weeks you can get away without playing your best. This is not one of those weeks.

9 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

The problem with this is if you kill the clock and come up empty handed you also take away time to score for yourself later on. I'm assuming Miami is going to almost score at will. The key to me would be to get them 3 and out (or to punt) as much as possible. Tough task and also simplistic as far as my thoughts go. 
but really just play ball and take advantage of what their defense gives ya. 

If they're "scoring at will," we are in trouble. This game is going to require a dominant defense that will schematically cause Tua to hold onto the ball longer than he has been so far this season. Negate the short yardage plays, and stall the deeper routes from developing. And pressure Tua, FFS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

All of the "Captain Obvious" statements apply in this game especially with the way Miami can score.

1. Need to capitalize when the Bills get in the redzone with 7. 3 won't cut it this week.

2. Win the turnover battle.

3. Win on special teams. No short drives for the fins.

4. Balanced on offense with the pass and run.

5. Get pressure on Tua. 

6. Do a good job stopping the run and force them into 3rd and long.

Just to name a few.

Some weeks you can get away without playing your best. This is not one of those weeks.

Of course hitting hard Tua would make a big difference in this game… our D must get on him as much as possible, make him play scary.

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I thought we were going to get a smellfish recipe. I love recipe threads, but I’m nervous about “smellfish”. 

The survival of this team depends on having a dominant defense that can not only get to the quarterback, but also didn't have fish for dinner!

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Italian Bills said:

Many things would be crucial Sunday, but in my opinion the main thing to do when we have the football, will be stay on offense as much as possible with long drives, eating the clock with a massive running game and lots of check down throws by Josh, in this way we will reduce the chance to commit turns and at the same time we’ll keep their offense off the field. 

It seem so obvious i know, but focusing on gain few yards on every attempt, from 3 to 6 yards, will help to move the chain without any risk, going deep sometimes. 

Agreed, 10+ play drives that more often than not, need to end in a TD.  McDermott needs to pin his ears back and unleash the Kraken this weekend with some blitzes.

32 minutes ago, Special K said:

Dolphins have played the Chargers, Pats, and Broncos....not exactly three juggernaut defenses.

Lets see how they look against the Bills Defense before everybody crowns the Dolphins as a great team.

And not to mention terrible defenses. 

1 hour ago, Italian Bills said:

Bills. It keeps our defense rested so when they are out there they can get after Tua or breakup passes, intercepting a few tipped balls...  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.