The good recipe against the smellfish

Italian Bills

6 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Many things would be crucial Sunday, but in my opinion the main thing to do when we have the football, will be stay on offense as much as possible with long drives, eating the clock with a massive running game and lots of check down throws by Josh, in this way we will reduce the chance to commit turns and at the same time we’ll keep their offense off the field. 

It seem so obvious i know, but focusing on gain few yards on every attempt, from 3 to 6 yards, will help to move the chain without any risk, going deep sometimes. 

Then the D will think to close the door. 

Every drive should end in a touchdown. WR catching the ball will help as well. Hopefully the RBs run good and gain yards. If our point total is higher than theirs,  we should win!

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Gregg said:

All of the "Captain Obvious" statements apply in this game especially with the way Miami can score.

1. Need to capitalize when the Bills get in the redzone with 7. 3 won't cut it this week.

2. Win the turnover battle.

3. Win on special teams. No short drives for the fins.

4. Balanced on offense with the pass and run.

5. Get pressure on Tua. 

6. Do a good job stopping the run and force them into 3rd and long.

Just to name a few.

Some weeks you can get away without playing your best. This is not one of those weeks.

What you said, plus CBs can't line up 10 yards deep.  They need to disrupt receiver routes early.

Defense must maintain discipline at all times to limit big plays.

Keep penalties to a minimum, especially pre-snap penalties.

Buffalo's receivers all need to be sure handed.  

The Miami game is not the game to try and figure out how to help Deonte Harty be effective.  What they've been doing hasn't worked.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I love feeling like the underdog in this one even though Vegas disagrees. Nervous?...a little bit, not going to lie, but I fully anticipate that there will be a scarily focused Bills group out there against Miami this Sunday. And maybe I'm saying that I wouldn't be surprised Buffalo curbstomps them, as well. 

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, buffblue said:

This is correct in my opinion, and the disadvantages of such a strategy are at least as significant as the supposed rewards. 

Basically, it is the Dick Jauron line of thinking. It would be an erroneous approach when the Bills on paper are at least on par talent wise with Miami if not superior (taking into account offense, defense, and special teams). The only way this plan could be justified is if Buffalo was significantly overmatched in every area versus the opponent. 

Thank you. I got a couple of laughs for stating this. I was listening to the radio today and they even said statistics do it support time of possession equating wins. Buffalos offense although scoring well enough stalls or hinders themselves with untimely penalties. I don't want to watch that happen after running 10 mins off the clock when Miamis offense is humming right now. 

17 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

You gotta be careful with how you prepare a smellfish… even some Japanese chefs struggle with those 

I'm trying to keep kosher, are smellfish halal or haram?

9 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

In japan they pay big Money for dolphins to fart on them.

the things you would have to know to accurately formulate that joke

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Milano crunching Tua again feels like our only hope, god knows we won't jam Tyreek at the line.

You're right that we probably won't jam Hill at the line, but Milano, or anybody else for that matter, won't get to Tua. They have absolutely schemed the offense so Tua doesn't take a hit, which would dictate that we should absolutely jam him. My hope is that the line gets enough penetration that forces Tua in to some errant throws. Maybe a pic. 

NFL Network replayed the Miami vs Broncos game last night. I watched it. The game was actually very close at halftime. The Broncos were about to make it 21-14 but they were called for an offensive PI which marched them back. Also, Miami was very, very lucky in the second half (early). Fumble recovery taken inside the redzone, some Broncos mis-managed Defensive schemes etc. In summary, I feel wayyy more confident going into Sunday.

Miami has barely beaten NE and Chargers - both teams are not juggernauts by any means. Broncos layed an egg. Full stop.

We have beaten two teams that are also not juggernauts. But we cleaned their clocks.

Bills beat Miami Sunday convincingly! Their D is nothing to be scared of. Their offense is wayyyy overrated.

GO BILLS! I can't wait!

• Thank you (+1) 1

To me, it's two things: red zone offense and red zone defense.

The Phins are gonna move the ball against the Bills. The Bills are going to move the ball against the Phins.

Whichever team more effectively holds their opponent to field goals instead of touchdowns likely wins.

Tackle well, limit explosive plays as much as possible (there's only so much you can do...), and be sharp in the red zone.

It's gonna be a close game. 

This reminds me of how teams schemed against Peyton Manning at his height. I agree, time of possession will help. Surprisingly this has been a weakness for the Bills the last few years, but seems to be an area of strength this year (hopefully because of an improved running game).

I personally think, that the key to the game will be the Bills getting the lead. It's pretty obvious from the last few years, that our nickel defense is better when they have the lead (13 seconds notwithstanding). Lost in all the Dolphins talk, is the fact the while Tyreek and Tua are great, they have had solid, but not otherworldly numbers this year. The Dolphins running game is what blew that 70 point game wide open.

We get a lead, eat some clock and make Tua pass into our nickel defense I like our chances. Easier said than done ! Here's praying to a quick start.

18 hours ago, Special K said:

Dolphins have played the Chargers, Pats, and Broncos....not exactly three juggernaut defenses.

Lets see how they look against the Bills Defense before everybody crowns the Dolphins as a great team.

The Pats play very sound defensive football, for the level of talent that defense has it's punching well above its weight. Like McD, BB is VERY good at maximizing the talent he has on D. If they had 1-2 playmakers/game wreckers on that D it would be scary good.

Their problem is they can't generate offense to save their life. If their offense was moderately competent they would have handed the Fins an L.

Honestly, I am not too worried about the Bills' offense. Aside from Josh's mental collapse in Week 1 against the Jets (whom he has historically struggled against), the offense has played pretty well. Meanwhile, Miami's defense has been below average through three games -- and Josh and the Bills' offense has historically played well against them. Bills just need to FINISH drives (score TDs in the red zone) and avoid turnovers.

I get that Miami's offense has done phenomenal things through the first 3 weeks, but the Bills' defense is stout and has not allowed more than 16 points in any of the first 3 games.  Meanwhile, 2 of the 3 defenses that Miami faced so far are bottom-of-the-barrel. The one good defense they faced (New England) kept them in check. The key will be to limit the Miami big plays (classic bend-but-don't break that McD employs) .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.