Ken Dorsey "posterized" again for his coaches box reaction

Beck Water

Real question:

Coaches on the sideline celebrate and fist pump and jump around, and also yell and throw headsets and slam their playcards, and no one says anything and it all looks perfectly normal.

How much does being trapped and contained in that small booth, with a camera right in his face, make this look "worse" than it truly is?

Sideline coaches react big all the time. No one calls them not emotionally controlled enough to be a coach.

I put "worse" in quotes because none of this is a big deal IMO, nor is he even getting any criticism for it outside of this board, and the players like it.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Real question:

Coaches on the sideline celebrate and fist pump and jump around, and also yell and throw headsets and slam their playcards, and no one says anything and it all looks perfectly normal.

How much does being trapped and contained in that small booth, with a camera right in his face, make this look "worse" than it truly is?

Sideline coaches react big all the time. No one calls them not emotionally controlled enough to be a coach.

I put "worse" in quotes because none of this is a big deal IMO, nor is he even getting any criticism for it outside of this board, and the players like it.

You've got a great point about coaches on the sidelines, and that it probably does look "bigger" in the contained environment of the booth vs on the sideline.

I think you're not quite right and for young coordinators wanting to be hired as head coaches, it probably is still looked at carefully - like is this guy controlled enough, or is he going to lose it as a head coach enough to be thrown out of games or draw penalties on the team? whereas Bill Belicheck can break a Microsoft Surface or slam around a phone on occasion and NBD.

But to be clear, I'm not criticizing Dorsey for it or at least that was not my intent, just sharing it.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

IMG_1524.webp

OMG that was hilarious, thanks.

48 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

How the @#$!#$%^$%^&! are you guys getting these things to embed?  I keep trying the tip I was given of editing the link to "twitter.com" and still doesn't.

43 minutes ago, Lost said:

Literally just copy the address from browser and paste.  That's it.

Yeah that. I just copy the address and paste it.  Although, I use Microsoft Edge and they changed something with paste so now I have to use ctrl-shift-v to paste otherwise it pastes some crappy title instead(edit: I just found the fix in settings to go back to ctrl-v.) My address is a twitter.com address though and not an x.com.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

How the @#$!#$%^$%^&! are you guys getting these things to embed?  I keep trying the tip I was given of editing the link to "twitter.com" and still doesn't.

15 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

OMG that was hilarious, thanks.

Yeah that. I just copy the address and paste it.  Although, I use Microsoft Edge and they changed something with paste so now I have to use ctrl-shift-v to paste otherwise it pastes some crappy title instead(edit: I just found the fix in settings to go back to ctrl-v.) My address is a twitter.com address though and not an x.com.

54 minutes ago, Lost said:

Literally just copy the address from browser and paste.  That's it.

What you have to do is only copy the portion of the tweet url that is before the "?", if on a desktop.

So just copy the highlighted portion in the pic below. The stuff after the mouse pointer arrow omit (i.e., omit the stuff from the question mark on).

tweet.jpg

Try it!!

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, chongli said:

What you have to do is only copy the portion of the tweet url that is before the "?", if on a desktop.

So just copy the highlighted portion in the pic below. The stuff after the mouse pointer arrow omit (i.e., omit the stuff from the question mark on).

tweet.jpg

Try it!!

On edge I don't even have to do that. I just right click my url bar and select copy.  Good to know for other browsers though.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

On edge I don't even have to do that. I just right click my url bar and select copy.  Good to know for other browsers though.

Actually, I'm on Edge too. I just learned I didn't have to do what I recommended, lol. Thank you! I tried it on Firefox just now too, and your method works there as well. Probably Chrome too, since it is from the same platform as Edge.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

He did look a little strange.  Couldn't quite tell if he was happy or mad.

My other question was what happened to the guy who use to be sitting next to him with the somewhat longer scraggly hair and beard?  Did Dorsey scare him off?  He refused to sit next to him.

I think you're speaking of Ryan Wendell, who was our assistant offensive line coach in 2022 (promoted from offensive assistant in 2020)

The Rams hired him as their offensive OL coach this season, and he was replaced by Austin Gund

Pretty fast rise for Wendell, but he played center and guard for the Patriots 2008-2015 under the legendary Coach Scar, so he might know something.

This guy, right?

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/09/rams-ryan-wendell-offensive-line-coach-bills/

cb425bdc458249fdadcce96b079ed54b.jpg?w=1

21 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Does anyone know if the Gieco cave man coach is still there???  2 weeks in and I have yet to see him.  Perhaps the camera angles???

See above - is this the guy you're talking about?  He's gone.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think you're speaking of Ryan Wendell, who was our assistant offensive line coach in 2022 (promoted from offensive assistant in 2020)

The Rams hired him as their offensive OL coach this season, and he was replaced by Austin Gund

Pretty fast rise for Wendell, but he played center and guard for the Patriots 2008-2015 under the legendary Coach Scar, so he might know something.

This guy, right?

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/09/rams-ryan-wendell-offensive-line-coach-bills/

cb425bdc458249fdadcce96b079ed54b.jpg?w=1

See above - is this the guy you're talking about?  He's gone.

Bummer but best of luck to him.  Always chuckled when I saw him.  He had an AWESOMESAUCE up close and personal experience for THE Dorsey meltdown!  Lol.

7 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

The OP titled the thread that Dorsey is being "posterized" which implies it is not being made out to be a non-issue. This culture of micro observations, wide distribution and then the mocking by many people is not good.

To be honest, I don't watch enough football shows  to know how widely it's being distributed and whether it's being smiled at or mocked.  I swing through "X" and Instagram only to collect Bills content to bring back.  I tend to agree with you about the impact of wide distribution of little moments (which can be pulled out of context), but nothing I can do about that.

7 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

It is only a reputation because the video of a single incident was widely distributed . If it is recurrent behavior, then I would agree with the analogy but given the singular nature of the evidence, it's not fair to make it his reputation 

That's a beautiful sentiment, but long before the advent of social media, we had village pubs and village gossips.  It literally only took one incident to make or break a reputation then, and it literally only takes one now.  Actually I think the world's attention span is much shorter so incidents fade from view faster now than before.  But returning to the topic, if Dorsey wants a HC gig, it's not the world's attention span that matters, it's decision makers hiring for the handful of available jobs.  And it may not be fair if that incident does linger with them but lots of things aren't fair.  Though winning cures everything, so if the Bills win a Championship carried by a strong offense, All will be Well.

20 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dorsey looks like he's always jacked up on cocaine

Remember cocaine is a fantastic drug when done in moderation, but therein lies the rub

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.