Where's the love for Kyle Allen?

Just Jack

4 minutes ago, DJB said:

I was more confused as to why Cook was in for our last drive. Isn’t this why we have Murray and Harris for?

I'm guessing they just continued with their RB rotation.

Or maybe limiting wear and tear on the older more physical runners that they'll need down the road?

Or maybe rewarding Cook for responding to good coaching this week (Hey James, quit dicking around and get N/S)?

Whatever the case, it might provide some insight to how they view any pecking order (i.e. there is none)

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, DJB said:

I was more confused as to why Cook was in for our last drive. Isn’t this why we have Murray and Harris for?

Once the weather turns cold/bad, you'll need Murray and Harris at full strength.

Those two guys are quietly big parts of this offense come November - when the weather gets messy and winds pick up and you need a hard nosed run game.  They will win a football game for the Bills this season.  

12 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Not a save, we were leading by more than 3 touchdowns.

Baseball terminology. The closer (the last relief pitcher) gets the save if the team was in the lead when he took over and maintained it until the end.

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Baseball terminology. The closer (the last relief pitcher) gets the save if the team was in the lead when he took over and maintained it until the end.

For a closer, it's a save only if the lead is 3 runs or less.  It's not just "if had lead until end".  I know what baseball terminology is, I played baseball.  Technically there's also saves for entering the game with the tying run at the plate or on-deck or pitching the last 3+ innings, but either way it's not just simply the last guy to pitch.  Typically the most common save for a short appearance is one inning with a lead of not more than 3.  Also a "closer" is not simply the last guy to pitch, it's just a term for the relief pitcher on a team most trusted to close out close games, typically in a SAVE situation.

43 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Not a save, we were leading by more than 3 touchdowns.

Yep. It was a low leverage situation. Kyle playing the last drive yesterday was the equivalent of giving a struggling deep relief piece a chance to work out of a slump, or, the better analogy - inserting a walk-on in the last minute of a blowout college basketball game.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

For a closer, it's a save only if the lead is 3 runs or less.  It's not just "if had lead until end".  I know what baseball terminology is, I played baseball.  Technically there's also saves for entering the game with the tying run at the plate or on-deck or pitching the last 3+ innings, but either way it's not just simply the last guy to pitch.  Typically the most common save for a short appearance is one inning with a lead of not more than 3.  Also a "closer" is not simply the last guy to pitch, it's just a term for the relief pitcher on a team most trusted to close out close games, typically in a SAVE situation.

Thanks for the clarification. I lost interest in baseball years ago, so I guess I never knew some of the nuances in terminology.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I'm guessing they just continued with their RB rotation.

Or maybe limiting wear and tear on the older more physical runners that they'll need down the road?

Or maybe rewarding Cook for responding to good coaching this week (Hey James, quit dicking around and get N/S)?

Whatever the case, it might provide some insight to how they view any pecking order (i.e. there is none)

1 hour ago, DJB said:

The snaps Cook had, the better he got. My theory is that they simply wanted to give Cook more reps. It was a break out game for Cook at what better way to appreciate him is to keep him out there... Cooking. Doing what he loves to do.

7.2 yards a Carry. Right to the end of the game on 17 Caries. I mean, how many more break out runs would the dude of had if he had 25 caries?

You all know that nasty wind/rain wind/snow game will be right around the corner. 

Edited by PrimeTime101

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

Comes in late in the game and manages to hold onto the lead to keep the Raiders from coming back to beat the Bills?  Surely he should be considered for Player Of The Game. 

In all seriousness, I would have  liked to see him get into the game a little earlier. He needs to have some reps under his belt if and when he ever HAS to play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.