Bills Defense

Milanos Milano

Bills D is still top 6 in points and yards. I think if anyone said that before the season we would have taken it with the loss of Edmunds.

23 minutes ago, Radar said:

My concern is our secondary. Safeties are getting old and don't think they're the strength they were. Frankly I have seen White digression even prior to injuries. Good quarterback with good protection I think is real threat.

Hyde missed most of last year...him and Poyer aren't going to be right back to where they are starting out...going to take time.

I think by mid season you see a marked improvement. Same with White. 

The defensive numbers are pretty good this year so far.

Edited by BillsUberAlles

41 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Bills D is still top 6 in points and yards. I think if anyone said that before the season we would have taken it with the loss of Edmunds.

Hyde missed most of last year...him and Poyer aren't going to be right back to where they are starting out...going to take time.

I think by mid season you see a marked improvement. Same with White. 

The defensive numbers are pretty good this year so far.

Hope you're right but you can't reverse aging process.

The secondary does look a bit ‘sluggish’ atm, and age may have a bit to do with it, but I’m more inclined to the notion of getting back up to proper game speed, after injuries, tbh.

I would also say that having the experience of both Hyde and Poyer back together, can make up for a small lack of pace. Being aligned correctly etc, will make way more difference than losing a half step somewhere.

Very pleased with the amount of pressure the front 4 were getting even without Von,and the run D against Jacobs was exceptional.

FWIW pre Next Gen stats: Tre White covered Adams on 15 routes last week. 4 targets. 3 receptions. 28 yards. 1 touchdown. 

Okay the touchdown is frustrating (although I don't actually think Tre was the point of failure on that play) but otherwise against one of the elite receivers in the league those are pretty good numbers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Ya Ed , Groot (playing like his hairvis on fire), Floyd and even AJ have all popped up on tape on the DL and really minus those 2 big Hall runs our run D seems much better

I feel like the D has taken on the personality of the DC, and just has a bit more ferociousness to them , compared to the very calm Frazier Ds, which were great but lacked aggression 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

FWIW pre Next Gen stats: Tre White covered Adams on 15 routes last week. 4 targets. 3 receptions. 28 yards. 1 touchdown. 

Okay the touchdown is frustrating (although I don't actually think Tre was the point of failure on that play) but otherwise against one of the elite receivers in the league those are pretty good numbers. 

Tre looks great. ! Thank God he seems back 

21 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Ya Ed , Groot (playing like his hairvis on fire), Floyd and even AJ have all popped up on tape on the DL and really minus those 2 big Hall runs our run D seems much better

I feel like the D has taken on the personality of the DC, and just has a bit more ferociousness to them , compared to the very calm Frazier Ds, which were great but lacked aggression 

Tre looks great. ! Thank God he seems back 

His “harvis” is on fire? That’s gonna leave a mark! 😉

Pass rush seems better but they are 26th in team sacks with only 3(Commanders #1 with 10). They seem to be affecting the QB. But I would like to see them get the QB on the ground a bit more frequently.  

Run defense looks good.

Bernard still looks tiny but he had a solid game last week. Hopefully he keeps it up and I'm eating a healthy dose of crow at the end of the season. 

It will be interesting how Miami attacks this secondary.  Despite what the stats say, visually White looks slow.  The reality is he was never a speed guy anyways and no one in the league can match Hill. The entire secondary looks pedestrian when it comes to speed. But when you play zone most of the time elite speed is less of an issue. Pass rush makes every secondary better so that is why I pointed out the low sack numbers as something I would like to see get better.

• 2 weeks later...

Rousseau, Jones, Oliver, and Floyd have just been incredible rushing the QB. Rousseau and Oliver are finally coming into their own! 

Milano has been playing phenomenal as well. It’s sad to see White go down, but McD seems to be magic when it comes to the secondary. He will figure it out. 

Just rest Miller, let him slowly ease in. The addition of Floyd has been such a great signing, and has given us the luxury of waiting on Miller. 

• Like (+1) 1

McDermott is an elite level defensive coordinator, The blending of coverage with pressure is special.

I didn’t think I’d see a better defensive game plan cooked up than the blueprint against Lamar he laid out a few years ago, but ***** I think I just seen it.

• Like (+1) 1

BUT BUT BUT McD sucks as a HC & there's no way he can do both at the same time - HC & D coordinator !! Then Dorsey sucks too so how can the Bills survive this year OMG !! 

WHAT EVER 🙄 I just wonder how many of those haters that were calling for both of their jobs just a short 3 weeks ago are saying now having to eat crow & i for one AM LOVING IT !! 

GO BILLS !! 

Edited by T master
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

There isn't a better LB duo in the NFL than Milano and Bernard right now.

The speed is the absolute difference.  Edmunds was fast but not quick.  Bernard is instinctual, quick and fast.  Milano is an Italian God.

Can we start having discussions? Can we wonder why more people aren't talking about Milano as DPOY. The man is playing out of his freaking skull .

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

There isn't a better LB duo in the NFL than Milano and Bernard right now.

The speed is the absolute difference.  Edmunds was fast but not quick.  Bernard is instinctual, quick and fast.  Milano is an Italian God.

The French and Italian connection.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.