Question: as diehard fans, are we on the same page about the team and about Josh ?

Italian Bills

19 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Josh needs a lobotomy or at the very least some psychological intervention. You can tell him not to do things like take hits or throw into triple coverage but he clearly is just going to do it anyways. Something in his brain is telling him this is ok or this is more fun than boring 5 yard passes. Until he works at that then nothing will change. We can win games but he can go off the deep end at any moment and we can lose to any team in the league when that happens

I was thinking much as you till the possible concussion play theory was offered as a possible reason for the lack of awareness Josh slipped into.   He's not a dumb or arrogant kid  like say Johnny Manziel was where it was all bravado with llttle real skill or talent.  So I am willing to see how things are going forward to make further judgement on whether his diminished brain function was due to concussion fog.  He does have his gunslinger mindset but most competitive players will share the trait of not backing down from a challenge.   And the reason there is the Any given Sunday is because the violent nature of the game can deal some hefty injuries including a muddled thought process.  Can't hold them accountable due to injury and concussions are injury to the brain the most vital organ we have  along with your heart.  Wie know Josh has plenty of heart so I'm leaning to yes on the concussion theory.   

• Disagree 2

2 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

I was thinking much as you till the possible concussion play theory was offered as a possible reason for the lack of awareness Josh slipped into.   He's not a dumb or arrogant kid  like say Johnny Manziel was where it was all bravado with llttle real skill or talent.  So I am willing to see how things are going forward to make further judgement on whether his diminished brain function was due to concussion fog.  He does have his gunslinger mindset but most competitive players will share the trait of not backing down from a challenge.   And the reason there is the Any given Sunday is because the violent nature of the game can deal some hefty injuries including a muddled thought process.  Can't hold them accountable due to injury and concussions are injury to the brain the most vital organ we have  along with your heart.  Wie know Josh has plenty of heart so I'm leaning to yes on the concussion theory.   

So he was concussed his entire rookie season? The Houston wild card game? Last year's Jets game? The playoffs vs Dolphins and Bengals? Stop making excuses for him. He does stupid things and thinks it's ok because sometimes it works. That's a terrible mindset to have and this coaching staff is to blame

• Disagree 1

32 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

So he was concussed his entire rookie season? The Houston wild card game? Last year's Jets game? The playoffs vs Dolphins and Bengals? Stop making excuses for him. He does stupid things and thinks it's ok because sometimes it works. That's a terrible mindset to have and this coaching staff is to blame

Both can be true. There seems to be a desperation to set things out one way or another. He DOES do stupid things, and gets bored with the dink and dunk. That doesn't take away that he COULD have been concussed Monday night. And the stats from before and after the second hit are quite startling.

That doesn't mean they shouldn't go in hard on him (in a way it sinks in) about his decision making, but I hope they've put him through concussion protocol as well.

10 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Both can be true. There seems to be a desperation to set things out one way or another. He DOES do stupid things, and gets bored with the dink and dunk. That doesn't take away that he COULD have been concussed Monday night. And the stats from before and after the second hit are quite startling.

That doesn't mean they shouldn't go in hard on him (in a way it sinks in) about his decision making, but I hope they've put him through concussion protocol as well.

It's not a mystery. He does dumb things. He thinks it's ok because sometimes he gets away with it. The coaching staff must be making him think it's ok to do these things when it's clearly not. If he keeps playing like this then coaches are going to lose their job. They should probably take an interest in correcting the problem imo

• Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's not a mystery. He does dumb things. He thinks it's ok because sometimes he gets away with it. The coaching staff must be making him think it's ok to do these things when it's clearly not. If he keeps playing like this then coaches are going to lose their job. They should probably take an interest in correcting the problem imo

Agreed. Still hope he's gone through concussion protocol after Monday.

23 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

There is literally no evidence to support this and substantial evidence to the contrary.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

21 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

but a coach needs to start beating that into his head.  After the first bomb into double coverage versus that easy first by running.  Some one with the surface pad should have been in his face immediately showing him what he is missing.   

I think they are.  But he has to listen 

On 9/13/2023 at 8:59 AM, Italian Bills said:

Usually i take few days before commenting a loss, because i need to elaborate it without let my emotions drive my thoughts. 

That said and agreeing with all of your different analysis that can be all correct, i want to ask you this: 

do we still believe that the Bills can have a great season, going deep in the playoff, dunno if reaching the SB and that Josh is a top elite QB ? 

Or this loss changed your point of view on this judgment ? 

They can, but they have to improve. I’m not saying they can or they can’t make the necessary changes, but there is a cap on their level of success until they do. 

do we still believe that the Bills can have a great season, going deep in the playoff, dunno if reaching the SB and that Josh is a top elite QB ? 

Yes the Bills can still have a great season.  A first game loss has no relation to how the rest of the season will go.

Yes Allen is an elite QB. I would have to see him have 4 or 5 games like Monday night through the first half of the season before having serious doubts.  For the record I still believe Joe Burrow is an elite QB after his 1st game which was as bad or worse then Allen's.  And I would have been a fool to think that Brady was no longer an elite QB after he threw 4 INT's against he Bills and lost the opening game 31 - 0.  He then went on to win a Super Bowl.

This was the first game of the season & a lot of players have changed since last year add to that the lack of 1 extra pre season game to install offensive & defensive scheme not to mention some players being off for a season & not playing & then playing possibly the best Defense in the NFL .

All that & they still lost by 1 score . Plus add to that the atmosphere in that stadium & being the anniversary of 9-11 I'll bet before Josh walked on the field he was totally geeked out . The pressure from the atmosphere & the pressure from the Jets D may have got him over hyped and alls it takes is a couple plays to lose a game .

The one that the guy bobbled & the pass fell in his arms was 1 & that was the difference even after the 4 INT's that Josh threw . I believe that all of the team from McD down to the water boy will learn from this going forward & it will prove that this loss will be well worth it later on this season .

Usually i take few days before commenting a loss, because i need to elaborate it without let my emotions drive my thoughts. 

That said and agreeing with all of your different analysis that can be all correct, i want to ask you this: 

Or this loss changed your point of view on this judgment ? 

One game isn't going to change my view.  SB was always a who knows, it takes some luck thing for me. Having a winning season, winning the division, hitting the playoffs... I still feel we can and will do those things.  I am bummed about the game but I'm not going to jump off a cliff over it.  It's just one game.  If that goes into a bunch of games I will re-evaluate.  I will still think Josh is our Elite Franchise QB though.

I don't think there's any reason that a group of die hard fans can't have a variety of opinions about their team.  As for Josh Allen, he is what he is, a supremely talented QB who has lapses in judgment from time to time, particularly when the team is struggling.  I really have no doubt that the Bills will make the playoffs, but I'll need to see how they're playing at the end of the season to have a solid opinion about what they'll do in the playoffs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.