Impeachment Inquiry into Joseph R. Biden, 46th President of the United States

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The issue, at least to me, isn't the investigation. That was ongoing, and it should continue.

Rebranding it as an "impeachment Inquiry" at this time does nothing to advance the truth-finding function of Congressional oversight.

agree for the most part. but at what point would/should it?

If they have evidence of bribery with Biden, that's a high crime.  seems they would have to at that point.

are we at that point?

8 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

are we at that point?

No.

We are at the point where we can say the following:

- Hunter Biden sought to trade on his name and to involve his father

- His father wasn't just a passive participant. He did things that went beyond just saying, "Oh well, that's Hunter, I can't stop him for saying he's my son." He was on phone calls, etc., with the apparent purpose of allowing Hunter to benefit from the perception of assistance of his father

- We call this "the appearance of impropriety." For any ordinary federal government employee, this would be an ethics violation. Presidents and Vice Presidents get away with it all the time because they can't be disciplined by some kind of government ethics panel. They can be impeached, and they can lose their law licenses (if they still have them - see Bill Clinton)

- There is ample basis to continue to address the next question: did Joe Biden benefit, directly or indirectly, from Hunter's dealings?" And the other question: "did Hunter Biden's activities cause Joe Biden to intervene in policy/diplomatic discussions that impacted U.S. policy?" But there's not proof of any such thing yet.

As a practical matter, I guess it is an "impeachment Inquiry" whatever you call it. I mean, otherwise it is just a "embarrass Joe Biden to turn voters against him" operation, which is, of course, also a purpose, or even the main purpose. I see no reason why slapping the official "impeachment Inquiry" label on it now helps move the ball forward. In fact, I think it probably makes it harder to actually obtain real information. So I think it's foolish.

My not-so-secret hope: the be careful what you wish for. Biden withdraws. Someone better (not Kamala) gets nominated and wins.

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No.

We are at the point where we can say the following:

- Hunter Biden sought to trade on his name and to involve his father

- His father wasn't just a passive participant. He did things that went beyond just saying, "Oh well, that's Hunter, I can't stop him for saying he's my son." He was on phone calls, etc., with the apparent purpose of allowing Hunter to benefit from the perception of assistance of his father

- We call this "the appearance of impropriety." For any ordinary federal government employee, this would be an ethics violation. Presidents and Vice Presidents get away with it all the time because they can't be disciplined by some kind of government ethics panel. They can be impeached, and they can lose their law licenses (if they still have them - see Bill Clinton)

- There is ample basis to continue to address the next question: did Joe Biden benefit, directly or indirectly, from Hunter's dealings?" And the other question: "did Hunter Biden's activities cause Joe Biden to intervene in policy/diplomatic discussions that impacted U.S. policy?" But there's not proof of any such thing yet.

As a practical matter, I guess it is an "impeachment Inquiry" whatever you call it. I mean, otherwise it is just a "embarrass Joe Biden to turn voters against him" operation, which is, of course, also a purpose, or even the main purpose. I see no reason why slapping the official "impeachment Inquiry" label on it now helps move the ball forward. In fact, I think it probably makes it harder to actually obtain real information. So I think it's foolish.

My not-so-secret hope: the be careful what you wish for. Biden withdraws. Someone better (not Kamala) gets nominated and wins.

Do they have the call logs from the thousands where he used aliases?  the burner phones.

Bribery is actual treason as stated in the constitution. 

could get even worse. impeach him.  K for incompetence and here we are with McCarthy.

6 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think we’re past the point where the question of Biden being an innocent pawn in a vast right wing conspiracy, the questions that remain are how much did he benefit, did he break the law, how much money has been funneled and from where.   

It’s interesting that the committee has faced resistance over the release of the 5,000+ emails Biden used on the government platform.  

And yet in the current corrupt state of the US, I guarantee no matter how much solid evidence there's zero 

chance of a conviction. Zero. Its all a waste of time.

26 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Wow he said the quiet part out loud. Demanding his biased msm to help wash this away. 

It's crazy how bent and corrupt the system has gotten that they aren't even worried about this being completely public. 

A political party telling the independent media to target their opposition? Not even 15 years ago I feel like that would have instantly ended careers, if not led to some more serious consequences. Well, but here we are... 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

And yet in the current corrupt state of the US, I guarantee no matter how much solid evidence there's zero 

I'd bet if you looked at a substantial cross section of the major power players in Washington--Biden/Pelosi/Cocaine Mitch/Lindsay G---a high number would have cut similar side deals.  The threat of mutually assured destruction ironically keeps everyone honest. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Wow he said the quiet part out loud. Demanding his biased msm to help wash this away. 

The dems started this with the Russian collusion nonsense.

got a good chuckle out of Schumer calling this a witch-hunt 😆 

And they are only too willing to do it.  As they have been for decades.

46 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Yup.  Just like there was of convicting Trump either time.  It didn't stop them.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The issue, at least to me, isn't the investigation. That was ongoing, and it should continue.

Rebranding it as an "impeachment Inquiry" at this time does nothing to advance the truth-finding function of Congressional oversight.

I'm pretty sure that's not why they did it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Do they have the call logs from the thousands where he used aliases?  the burner phones.

Bribery is actual treason as stated in the constitution. 

could get even worse. impeach him.  K for incompetence and here we are with McCarthy.

There is a reason why they keep on using the term Biden family and not Joe Biden

It’s OK I’m looking forward to this now that they have gone down this path they have to prove their case

They don’t even have the votes for the impeachment inquiry and have been investigating this for months

• Eyeroll 1