Elon Musk, War puppeteer

20 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

So this whole thread is a charade? Is Musk still a Putin stooge then? Please let me know. Thanks.

The obsequiousness astounds.

ukraine- I know you did all this stuff to help our people stay connected and go to school etc, but we want to weaponize your global satellite internet service to commit an act of war against Russia 

starlink- no thanks, not going that far. 

Us libbies that have done literally nothing to help with this war- Musk is obviously Putins asset and evil and crazy 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The obsequiousness astounds.

ukraine- I know you did all this stuff to help our people stay connected and go to school etc, but we want to weaponize your global satellite internet service to commit an act of war against Russia 

starlink- no thanks, not going that far. 

Us libbies that have done literally nothing to help with this war- Musk is obviously Putins asset and evil and crazy 

Aaah, thanks for the clarification, that dirty rotten commie lover Musk.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

The war mongers are still trying to push the narrative Elon is some bad guy.  

Just ignoring the fact that would have been a huge escalation.

Hill has journalistic integrity of buzzfeed BTW

another narrative msm is driving as hard as they can. 

here this guy donated tens of millions in free service and terminals that could have generated  $600 bucks a pop and $120 per month in other markets (that are hardware constrained btw) to connect people to vital information. 

and he gets skewered as an evil terrorist for declining to allow his residential internet service to become a war escalation instrument a year a ago. 

But remember he spoke out against censoring the wrong side of the aisle so now he’s an enemy of the democratic state. 

4 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I'm more interested in the Saudis stake in Twitter/X.

If Starlink was being used for war and Elon didn't intend that he's got a right to shut it down no matter how wrong what Russia is doing is.

part of being granted rights to provide service is to comply with the law of the land. 

where do you think all the jan6 DEADLY insurrectionist evidence came from?? Tmo, VZ, Apple, AT&T, etc. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Some of the rest of the story including the Ukraine perspective.  Seems the cons are taking musk at his word.  hardly surprising.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4194233-ukraine-blasts-musk-over-starlink-order-russia-praises-his-balls/

Musk’s influence on the war in Ukraine via Starlink has been palpable. The internet system has been credited for assisting Ukraine’s advances, though they have been limited by Musk’s insistence that it not be used on offensive operations into Russia and threats the program would be shut down.

Buried at the bottom of the article it almost makes starlink sound reasonable 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Some of the rest of the story including the Ukraine perspective.  Seems the cons are taking musk at his word.  hardly surprising.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4194233-ukraine-blasts-musk-over-starlink-order-russia-praises-his-balls/

I'm sure this is where Elon Musk wants to be, in the middle between a notoriously corrupt Ukraine and Vlad Putin's Russia, with his old liberal pals suggesting he should take a chance and just roll with it from the safety of their lofty perch. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2022/03/29/putins-poisonous-playbook---before-abramovich-russia-has-a-dark-history-of-reportedly-poisoning-opponents/?sh=6a77b7937368

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11574603/Another-Putin-critic-falls-window-death-Tycoon-plummets-luxury-hotel-India.html

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

The war mongers are still trying to push the narrative Elon is some bad guy.  

Just ignoring the fact that would have been a huge escalation.

Hill has journalistic integrity of buzzfeed BTW

Why are we worried about Ukrainian "escalation," but not at all worried about Russia killing ten of thousands of Ukrainian civilians, likely hundreds of thousands, and purposefully burning crops and the like?  Attacking Russia's fleet is out of bounds escalation, but Russia literally murdering thousands and thousands isn't "escalation?"

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Why are we worried about Ukrainian "escalation," but not at all worried about Russia killing ten of thousands of Ukrainian civilians, likely hundreds of thousands, and purposefully burning crops and the like?  Attacking Russia's fleet is out of bounds escalation, but Russia literally murdering thousands and thousands isn't "escalation?"

I will answer for Chris.

image.thumb.png.97a75d844e00e48533b29d82d059cc7f.png

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, cle23 said:

‘we’ probably aren’t worried. ‘We’ don’t own an international satellite communication network and service. 

if ‘we’ did, ‘we’ might care about who is using it for what in the case somebody wants to retaliate for knowingly supporting an act of war. 

Nobody said don’t do this attack, they just said I’m not enabling it.

What is so objectionable about this?? 

Still waiting to hear all you anitputin hero’s to volunteer to go over there and pick up a weapon or at least sent sone personnel assets there 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Musk’s influence on the war in Ukraine via Starlink has been palpable. The internet system has been credited for assisting Ukraine’s advances, though they have been limited by Musk’s insistence that it not be used on offensive operations into Russia and threats the program would be shut down.

From your own article, it sure seems like Musk has been pretty clear about use of his company's tech since the beginning. What is all of the noise about here?  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Musk’s influence on the war in Ukraine via Starlink has been palpable. The internet system has been credited for assisting Ukraine’s advances, though they have been limited by Musk’s insistence that it not be used on offensive operations into Russia and threats the program would be shut down.

From your own article, it sure seems like Musk has been pretty clear about use of his company's tech since the beginning. What is all of the noise about here?  

maybe this?

“By not allowing Ukrainian drones to destroy part of the Russian military fleet via Starlink interference, Elon Musk allowed this fleet to fire Kalibr missiles at Ukrainian cities,” said Mykhailo Podolyak, an adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. “As a result, civilians, children are being killed. This is the price of a cocktail of ignorance and big ego.”

or this

Musk cut off the access through Starlink, a part of SpaceX that is critical to the Ukraine military’s communication, saying he did so not to be “complicit in a major act of war and conflict escalation.”

or this

While the decision was criticized by Ukraine, Musk was praised by some leaders connected to Russian President Vladimir Putin for his decision. 

Former Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said Musk may be “the last adequate mind in North America,” and “is the one with the balls.”

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

18 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Well the first issue is that you wrongly said there was no military contract.  The next is that he squelched a potentially devastating drone attack on Russia by shutting down starling.  Are you being opaque for fun or just because your can't read?

Not my writing.  Reuters did a fine job you just ignored it.

The request to turn stsrlink on for the drone attack was late 2022 or early 2023, right?  But the military contract, which we don't know the terms of, wasn't even signed until maybe Q2 2023, based on the article you posted.  In light of this and your other article posting how very clear Musk has been about using Starlink, I have to ask again, what is the discussion even about?  

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

maybe this?

“By not allowing Ukrainian drones to destroy part of the Russian military fleet via Starlink interference, Elon Musk allowed this fleet to fire Kalibr missiles at Ukrainian cities,” said Mykhailo Podolyak, an adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. “As a result, civilians, children are being killed. This is the price of a cocktail of ignorance and big ego.”

or this

Musk cut off the access through Starlink, a part of SpaceX that is critical to the Ukraine military’s communication, saying he did so not to be “complicit in a major act of war and conflict escalation.”

or this

While the decision was criticized by Ukraine, Musk was praised by some leaders connected to Russian President Vladimir Putin for his decision. 

Former Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said Musk may be “the last adequate mind in North America,” and “is the one with the balls.”

It's the property of his company, he set his terms for its use.  You just want to bltch about his terms?  Go nuts, it's certainly your prerogative, but first you should thank the "Putin puppet" for providing it to Ukraine in the first place.  Honestly, whywould such an evil Republican monster even do that in the first place? They all are rooting for Putin, amirite?

But for realsies, I have a feeling that if Bill Gates owned Starlink he wouldn’t allow it to be used for drone strikes either.  Think a bit about that while you are filling out your Ukraine War volunteer paperwork. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

And for the record, I think the US government should continue its support of the Ukrainians as per our agreement to get their nukes decommed. 

But I am not a big fan of how rich its making the MIC.  I also don't think that many of my friends here on the left are consuming their news with anything other than blind trust. Like we are the good guys, but we put out propaganda too, you dig?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

This Musk story, which isn't much of a story when examined, follows the standard process of how the establishment attacks anyone that defies or threatens their interests.  It's all dependent on how many rote "thinkers" they get engaged to support it all.  The common thread is they all start with a lie that is transformed to truth by designed repetition.

Everyone should understand by now that anyone that defies the official narrative is helping <insert bad guy name here> by refusing to go along with one lunacy or another. 

But choose a side, our side, the good guys or the bad guys.  There's no other option.  Love it or leave it.  My country right or wrong.  You get the idea.  

You're absolutely discouraged from engaging in logical or reasoned thinking that might cause you to draw your own conclusions outside of those being generated by various think tanks, for profit entities and their supporters, or various government actors, and the standard cast of mainstream and social media grifters that always back up the story. 

For gigles add in the usual characters here on PPP that are ready and willing to pile on and when the bell rings as they all bark right on queue.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Have the libs resorted to calling him "worse than Hitler" yet?  :rolleyes:

👆🤡👇

On 2/15/2022 at 11:22 AM, Doc said:

Worse than Watergate, 9/11, WWII and January 6th combined.  

And look at this gem:

On 10/16/2012 at 10:12 PM, Doc said:

Was Watergate politicized?

7 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

The request to turn stsrlink on for the drone attack was late 2022 or early 2023, right?  But the military contract, which we don't know the terms of, wasn't even signed until maybe Q2 2023, based on the article you posted.  In light of this and your other article posting how very clear Musk has been about using Starlink, I have to ask again, what is the discussion even about?  

The first link noted funding from a "US Foreign aid" source and donors.  We're presumalby talking millions per month so It's fair to assume there was a contract.  I don't believe the foreign aid and the donors just threw monet at him with no conditions.  Perhaps, the book coming out next week will shed more light.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Wow.  From links to the fact that Musk signed military contracts to Nazis.  You wanna diagram that regression and cite where "libs' suggest it?

6 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

t's all dependent on how many rote "thinkers" they get engaged to support it all.  The common thread is they all start with a lie that is transformed to truth by designed repetition.

sounds more like election denying...

2 hours ago, Doc said:

The narrative shift on Musk has been one of the most poignant examples of how obedient the left is to programming. 

he was a left icon until he acted like a moderate a few times and said the other side shouldn’t be censored.  

now he’s an enemy of msm and he’s getting investigated by the weaponized fed relentlessly 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Deliberately jumbled timeline to fit a narrative - fooled again, mind controlled again 

keep at it red fake doc

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You're absolutely discouraged from engaging in logical or reasoned thinking that might cause you to draw your own conclusions outside of those being generated by various think tanks, for profit entities and their supporters, or various government actors, and the standard cast of mainstream and social media grifters that always back up the story. 

Nope, the story came out of a pre release of a Musk authorized biography.  Apparently there are emails between a Ukrainian diplomat and he concerning the incident.  This will be interesting to read.  I doubt we will ever know the strings attached to the financial aid provided to Musk from US foreign aid agency and donors or the conditions contracted with the Pentagon, thus we don't know if he'll pull this shite again.  But to claim we are basing our deep concerns on biased media or unreliable sources is bs.  Musk has already corroborated some of it albeit with a difference in wording between "turned off" and  didn't turn on...The distinction is important, in part to show whether Musk is truthful but more importantly, did he stop a service Ukraine was expecting (?entitled to) from the arrangement.

More detail here from the European (British) paper

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/sep/08/elon-musk-committed-evil-starlink-order-ukraine

CNN on Thursday quoted an excerpt from the biography Elon Musk by Walter Isaacson, which described how armed submarine drones were approaching a Russian fleet near the Crimean coast when they “lost connectivity and washed ashore harmlessly”.

The biography, due out on Tuesday, alleges Musk ordered Starlink engineers to turn off the service in the area of the attack because of his concern that Vladimir Putin would respond with nuclear weapons to a Ukrainian attack on Russian-occupied Crimea.

Also on Friday, Ukrainian deputy prime minister Mykhailo Fedorov told the Financial Times that Musk shared with Isaacson confidential exchanges about military access to Starlink without permission from Fedorov.

“It’s not very pretty,” Fedorov told the Financial Times.

“I’ve never shown or talked about our correspondence publicly.”

21 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Written by R Emitt Tyrell author of "The D🤣eath of Liberalism".  Sure that's happening...While MAGA implodes.  I don't despise him for his money.  Like the hack wrote, there are quite a few multi billionaires.  I'd like them taxed more aggressively but I don't resent them for their success.  Along as they didn't break the law getting there.

The reason I despise him is that he has decided to take sides in geopolitical affairs.  Through twitter and starlink.  And he seems to choose authoritarian sides more often than not...

8 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Written by R Emitt Tyrell author of "The D🤣eath of Liberalism".  Sure that's happening...While MAGA implodes.  I don't despise him for his money.  Like the hack wrote, there are quite a few multi billionaires.  I'd like them taxed more aggressively but I don't resent them for their success.  Along as they didn't break the law getting there.

The reason I despise him is that he has decided to take sides in geopolitical affairs.  Through twitter and starlink.  And he seems to choose authoritarian sides more often than not...

neutrality is only looks like taking sides when your vision is clouded by bigotry and or bias. 

• Disagree 1

9 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Wow.  From links to the fact that Musk signed military contracts to Nazis.  You wanna diagram that regression and cite where "libs' suggest it?

You mean the Ukrainians, who have actual Nazis fighting for them?

9 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The narrative shift on Musk has been one of the most poignant examples of how obedient the left is to programming. 

he was a left icon until he acted like a moderate a few times and said the other side shouldn’t be censored.  

now he’s an enemy of msm and he’s getting investigated by the weaponized fed relentlessly 

He took away their ability to completely control the narrative. 

His takeover of Twitter has been massive in disrupting the propaganda wing of the left/MIC. 

That won’t go unpunished.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Who Are The Neo-Nazis Fighting For Russia In Ukraine?

The video, published in December 2020, showed two nattily dressed Russian men -- waistcoats, pocket squares, silk ties – sipping American whiskey in brandy snifters and discussing killing Ukrainians.

"I'm a Nazi. I’m a Nazi,” said one of the men, Aleksei Milchakov, who was the main focus of the video published on a Russian nationalist YouTube channel. “I'm not going to go deep and say, I’m a nationalist, a patriot, an imperialist, and so forth. I’ll say it outright: I’m a Nazi.

Aside from being a notorious, avowed Nazi known for killing a puppy and posting bragging photographs about it on social media, Milchakov is the head of a Russian paramilitary group known as Rusich, which openly embraces Nazi symbolism and radical racist ideologies. The group, and Milchakov himself, have been credibly linked to atrocities in Ukraine and in Syria.

https://www.rferl.org/a/russian-neo-nazis-fighting-ukraine/31871760.html